X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monkeythe
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2004

The "Ultimate" Conservative

The Ultimate Conservative, Mr. Warrior, has offended the entire campus at UConn forcing the College Republican club that hosted him to apologize for his appearance. The link for the first part of the article appears below (part 2 requires registration). By the way, if anyone is interested in the affects steroids have on the mind, go to his website, www.ultimatewarrior.com, and fear the power of destrucity.

The Warrior attacks
    Former wrestling champion creates controversy with comments
    By Joe Wentzel
    Published: Wednesday, April 6, 2005
    Article Tools: Page 1 of 2

Media Credit: Brett Mickelson
    Warrior, a former professional wrestling superstar, sparked controversy Tuesday night at the Dodd Center with his comments regarding homosexuality, politics and other topics.

What was to be a lecture on the differences between liberalism and conservatism became heated Tuesday when the man known simply as Warrior came to the Dodd Center.

The night quickly changed from a love fest over the Ultimate Warrior and his career in what was then known as the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) to an attack on his personal beliefs. The Warrior - who Norm Moghtaderi, a 10th-semester sociology and history major, felt was homophobic and racist - was met with unhappy members of the Tent City protest group.

"People like this should not be allowed to spat this off without being countered," said Geoff Traugh, a 4th-semester peace studies and political science major.

The dispute between Traugh and Warrior escalated. Warrior screamed back and stomped on the stage saying questions would be answered during the question and answer segment.

Many people in the audience yelled and verbally attacked Warrior and his views during his hour-and-a-half discussion.

"How do you think, I feel I have to protect him," Maj. Sgt. Linda Killarney said. She called three other officers to the scene for backup. The crowd was warned if this was not stopped, it would end.

The College Republicans, who sponsored the event with the Undergraduate Student Government, said the organization was just trying to add another point of view to the discussion.

"We are truly sorry that the Warrior did not measure up to our standards," College Republicans Spokesman Heath Fahle said.

The group said they had worked hard to bring another view to add to respectful debates. They thought Warrior would represent news ideas after members saw him live. The organization felt compelled to send out a press release apologizing for the event.

"We do not feel that happened tonight," Fahle said. He said the College Republicans had wanted a respectful debate.

Warrior got an unfavorable response from the crowd when he discussed homosexuals.

"Queering don't make the world work," Warrior said.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This guy has always been an idiot.

Just because Jesse Ventura pulled it off doesn't mean that any hack wrestler can become a politician.

As for his homophobia, well let's take a look, shall we?

Yeah, now there's the poster boy for heterosexuality
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jesterstar
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

That Warrior puts on a excellent show.
      Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Comment

• Figs
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Re: The "Ultimate" Conservative

Originally posted by monkeythe
        "People like this should not be allowed to spat this off without being countered," said Geoff Traugh, a 4th-semester peace studies and political science major.
        fucking "peace studies?"

why don't you just burn your money and warm your house instead....

Comment

• Jesterstar
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

How can you study peace when there is no history of it ever???

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I've never heard of Mr. Warrior, nor have I read his dissertaion on political philosophy. But let me guess what his schtick is; he rattles on like a macho, simpleton retard and then passes himself off as a wise sage.

Comment

• Figs
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

I will vote for any wrestler on the ballot.....

Comment

• steve
                Sniper
                • Feb 2004

Maybe like that show "Wifeswap" they should have something called "Jobswap"...
                and for one day all professional wrestlers run the country, and politicians wrestle and yell at each other.

Seeing the Bush Twins in "Diva" outfits and having wardrobe malfunctions could be most exciting.

But the question is, would anyone really notice?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Shit when I graduated from the University of Washington with a Bachelors of Business Administration over half my graduating class had some junk major like political science, peace studies, or social work. In short, the only jobs you get with these kind of degrees are govt. jobs. The only increase the beaurocracy that sucks are tax dollars and creates more govt. regulation that sucks are freedom. It's mostly liberal free thinking types that get these kind of degrees but what they don't realize is they are on the road to what they are really protesting. A lack of freedom. There is no better freedom than a fist full of dollars and nodody in your way.

Notice how the peace studies major wanted to shut up the westler. I'm for freedom of speech and freedom of speech is protecting the speech you don't like. People have the constitutional right to freedom of speech no matter how stupid it is.

I think college campuses have been too politicized. Aren't these the places where kids go to take additional classes so they can hopefully make additional money or learn a specalized skill? Hopefully, college will create people who will built institutions that creat jobs and turn the trade deficite into a trade surplus. Instead of doing that, they crank out more brainwashed people with degrees with no real skills to solve our problems. The 1960's is over, it's time the colleges and universities realized that.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by monkeythe

"Queering don't make the world work," Warrior said.

There is nothing more gay or camp than proffesional wrestling.

Rolling around with another man in lycra while pretending to hurt each other with over the top acting.

Jeez...

The Warrior doth protest too much.

Comment

• Figs
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

They should have thrown salad dressing on him.....

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

He's got as much right to speak his mind as anyone else does, my opinion. If someone can rattle on about how homosexuality is OK and normal, then somebody else can rattle on about how wrong and abnormal it is. Just boils down to personal opinion and nobody has to listen to it that doesn't want to.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Jesterstar
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                          He's got as much right to speak his mind as anyone else does, my opinion. If someone can rattle on about how homosexuality is OK and normal, then somebody else can rattle on about how wrong and abnormal it is. Just boils down to personal opinion and nobody has to listen to it that doesn't want to.
                          I actually started that movement years ago./

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

I think they need to invest more in their Journalism department. That article was horridly written.
                            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                              I think they need to invest more in their Journalism department. That article was horridly written.
                              Very correct.

Comment

Working...