PDA

View Full Version : The new AUDIOSLAVE single

Golden AWe
04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Listen to it on their website...http://www.audioslave.com

It'll start playing automatically...

I must say I really love the song. It's peaceful and beautiful, but I don't think it's anywhere near the cheesy zone...they've got too much talent to that.

I also like the Cornell's vocals on this one. He's not "over-screaming all the time, it sounds better than some of the stuff on the debut album...and the overall sound, now they're starting to sound more like a new band instead of RATM with a new vocalist.

Enjoy!

I've already got the tickets for their concert in June...the new album should be out in May. Looking forward to it!!!

Mr Grimsdale
04-07-2005, 04:53 PM
their guitarist, thingy whatshisface, needs to stop using the whammy pedal on every solo

Golden AWe
04-07-2005, 04:58 PM
but you of all people should understand...some of us really like to play with our penises!

DLR7884
04-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Bad ass.

DLR7884
Love this new track!

Rikk
04-08-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
their guitarist, thingy whatshisface, needs to stop using the whammy pedal on every solo

That was one of my major problems with the debut. Every song sounded the same, guitar-wise. I still think SOUNDGARDEN was unbeatable. AUDIOSLAVE is good, but a second-rate SOUNDGARDEN. RAGE were better when funky, CORNELL better with weird chord changes and rhythms.

Still, I'm very excited about this new album as I am whenever anything with CORNELL comes out. I also really liked his solo album. Any of you guys hear it?

Golden AWe
04-08-2005, 07:29 AM
I have the solo album and I still listen to it a lot...it did sound a lot like Soundgarden Unplugged, the end-of-the-world-sounds and themes were there, but I love the album...there's really not a single weak track on it.

Yup, Audioslave's debut was not a perfect album...but it was still way better than 98% of the stuff the bands of today put out.

Guitar Shark
04-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Still, I'm very excited about this new album as I am whenever anything with CORNELL comes out. I also really liked his solo album. Any of you guys hear it?

Euphoria Morning is a great album. I haven't listened to it for a while but it was in heavy rotation for a long time. "When I'm Down" is a great bluesy song that highlights Cornell's vocals.

I really like the new Audioslave tune. Cornell kicks ass. He lives in Seattle and, oddly enough, is a client of my firm! I saw him walking in the lobby a few months ago and almost shit myself.