PDA

View Full Version : Dean on Jesus, balanced budgets

FORD
04-08-2005, 08:05 PM
April 8, 2005

Dean on Jesus, balanced budgets

By JOHN BRUMMETT
Howard Dean called the other day and started talking about Jesus. Yes, that Howard Dean. Yes, that Jesus.

Dean is the doctor and former Vermont governor who now is chairman of the Democratic National Committee, having pretty much screamed himself out of the Democratic presidential nomination last year.

Along the campaign path he remarked that his favorite New Testament book was Job, which, actually, is in the Old Testament.

It was insinuated that Dean, like the Alan Alda character on "West Wing," wasn't all that much for churchgoing. The way to insinuate such a thing is to call a man "perhaps the most secular candidate for the presidency in modern times."

Dean was coming to my little Southern city to speak to the national association of state Democratic chairmen. He wanted to give me a little insight on what he would say, as much, that is, as you can impart in seven minutes over the cellular crackle on your way back from the Vatican Embassy where you'd signed the condolences book for the Pope.

This speech would offer the best early indication of what Dean had in mind for the Democrats.

"I'm going to tell them we're going to run in all 50 states, that the days of running in 18 states are over, and that we're going to help them in all races, down to the state and local level. I'm going to tell them we're going to build machines in their states with their own people, not with imported people. I'm going to tell them Democrats need not shy away from the values debate. I will tell them that the Democratic Party is going to have a national message, and it's not going to come from the top down but from them up. We're going to look at what we have in common, not what divides us. The people of Minnesota and Arkansas see a lot more things the same than they see differently."

He said he would give the state chairmen marching orders: Find out and articulate what the Democratic message is, or ought to be, in your state, and we'll synthesize all 50 and come up with one.

I wanted to go back to how the Democrats shouldn't shy away from the values debate. "We need to talk about Christian values and how they're Democratic values," Dean said. "Jesus taught to help the least among us. He spent his life reaching out to the disenfranchised. The Democratic Party is the party of that value, not the Republican Party."

Dean said that passing on debt to children was a Republican value that Democrats didn't share. He said that it's not a Democratic value to get in new ethics trouble every two or three days, which has been the rate lately for House Majority Leader Tom DeLay.

This is the man - Dean, I mean - who said with typical self-wounding that he wanted to be the Democratic presidential candidate who got votes from Southern guys with Confederate flags in their pickups.

"I'd say that differently now," he told me. "But I do think Democrats need to be the party to get white AND black votes, and I think we will be."

You can call him a cultural liberal if you must, but he calls it an oversimplification and says he gets rather tired of it.

"I was a governor who balanced eight budgets in a row, which is eight more than the Republicans, and I was a governor who was endorsed every year by the National Rifle Association."

Guns, Dean predicted, would never come up - either pro or con - in his 50-state survey of what the Democratic message should be.

"Guns aren't an issue," he said. "If Philadelphia wants gun control, fine. If Alabama doesn't, also fine."

So there you have the new Democratic Party, bloodied, but counterpunching. It's a familiar face, but the words are a little different and the inflection is starkly so.

Brummett is an award-winning columnist for the Arkansas News Bureau in Little Rock and author of "High Wire," a book about Bill Clinton's first year as president. His e-mail address is jbrummett@arkansasnews.com.

For comment or questions, please e-mail webmaster@pahrumpvalleytimes.com
Copyright © Pahrump Valley Times, 1997 - 2005 link (http://www.pahrumpvalleytimes.com/2005/04/08/opinion/brummett.html)

Warham
04-08-2005, 08:11 PM
The Democratic leadership would only talk about Jesus in order to get more votes from the red states. They have no use for Christian values or morals. The next time Dean speaks to some gay rights groups, he should bring up some chapters of Leviticus. That'll be a real riot for those folks listening.

FORD
04-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Leviticus has nothing to do with Christianity. It was written for use as a handbook for a specific sect of Jewish priests, the Levites, hence the name. It was never meant to be a guidebook for everyone.

Guitar Shark
04-08-2005, 08:25 PM
I agree Warham, this would be perceived as blatant pandering. Of course, the current leaders of the Republican party have no use for Christian values either.

Warham
04-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Leviticus has nothing to do with Christianity. It was written for use as a handbook for a specific sect of Jewish priests, the Levites, hence the name. It was never meant to be a guidebook for everyone.

Jesus was a Jewish priest, just like the Levites.

God's Word hasn't changed since day one.

Jesus said...

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

Leviticus is part of the Law. The Law and the Prophets make up the Old Testament.

FORD
04-08-2005, 09:23 PM
The Law was the 10 Commandments. And guess which favorite right wing obsession is mentioned NOWHERE in the 10 Commandments. (and no, that is NOT what was meant by "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ass" ;) )

Here is Scriptural evidence that Jesus does not consider Leviticus to be "the Law".

From the 10th chapter of Acts

9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

So in other words, Peter - born and raised in the Jewish cultural "Kosher" tradition was resistant to eat any "unclean" animals, even when they were sent FedEx from JC Himself.

JC, said "Pete....chill out. If I sent it, it's clean. Now eat something, ya retard".

So clearly, Jesus was telling Peter to forget the Kosher codes - they were no longer neccessary. And if Jesus wouldn't negate any portion of the law, then that could only mean that this rule was never the Law to begin with.

(No offense meant to anyone who still practices those traditions, as there certainly isn't any harm in NOT eating pork, shellfish, etc. Unless God tells you otherwise, like He did to Peter ;) )

DrMaddVibe
04-08-2005, 09:34 PM
With Dean at the helm it would take Jesus to balance the budgets!

Jesus would probably go on a bender and throw the schiesters outta town like he did in the marketplace too!

FORD
04-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

Jesus would probably go on a bender and throw the schiesters outta town like he did in the marketplace too!

Obviously, AssVibe, you are unaware that as Governor of Vermont, Dean balanced the budget every year, even though it was not a requirement of his state constitution.

Warham
04-08-2005, 10:26 PM
The Law was the 10 Commandments. And guess which favorite right wing obsession is mentioned NOWHERE in the 10 Commandments. (and no, that is NOT what was meant by "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ass" ;) )

"The books of the Law contained the 5 books of Moses: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. When these writings were completed they were accepted by Israel as divinely authoritative. Scripture itself teaches us concerning the process of inspiration and preservation of these books of the Law."

FORD
04-08-2005, 10:50 PM
When the Pharisees tried to trick Jesus with knowledge of the law, His response was that you should do two things:

1) Love the lord thy God

2) Love your neighbor as yourself.

Jesus then said that anybody obeying these two commandments would be keeping the whole of the law.

Now how exactly does murdering homosexuals, eating a pork chop, or obsessing over when you washed your hands address either of those two commandments?

Warham
04-08-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm only quoting what Jesus said FORD.

If you have a problem with Him and what He said, you can address it when you die.

Jesus probably would have said to love the homosexual but hate homosexuality.

Nickdfresh
04-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Warham
The Democratic leadership would only talk about Jesus in order to get more votes from the red states. They have no use for Christian values or morals. The next time Dean speaks to some gay rights groups, he should bring up some chapters of Leviticus. That'll be a real riot for those folks listening.

And the Republicans do?? Ahahaha!! Tom DeLay is more corrupt than Tammany Hall meets Robert Mugabe! And they dare talk about values! BULLSHIT!

Nickdfresh
04-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
I agree Warham, this would be perceived as blatant pandering. Of course, the current leaders of the Republican party have no use for Christian values either.

The Republicans do nothing BUT pander. They do not really represent the values of Christians.

Nickdfresh
04-08-2005, 11:40 PM

AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Do you actually read the newspaper! You guys are fucking delusional!U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 09 Apr 2005 at 03:41:08 AM GMT is:
$ 7 , 7 9 1 , 4 0 6 , 6 5 1 , 0 9 4 . 2 3

The estimated population of the United States is 295,855,617
so each citizen's share of this debt is $26,335.17.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$2.16 billion per day since September 30, 2004!
Concerned? Then tell Congress and the White House!
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/debtiv.gif

FORD
04-09-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm only quoting what Jesus said FORD.

If you have a problem with Him and what He said, you can address it when you die.

I just quoted Jesus in my last three posts on this subject, so I won't have any problem discussing it with Him.

Jesus probably would have said to love the homosexual but hate homosexuality.

Jesus probably would say "Get over it already"

Nickdfresh
04-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Do you actually read the newspaper! You guys are fucking delusional!U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 09 Apr 2005 at 03:41:08 AM GMT is:
$ 7 , 7 9 1 , 4 0 6 , 6 5 1 , 0 9 4 . 2 3

The estimated population of the United States is 295,855,617
so each citizen's share of this debt is $26,335.17.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$2.16 billion per day since September 30, 2004!
Concerned? Then tell Congress and the White House!
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/debtiv.gif

By the way the Republicans control the Government! Is it getting smaller yet?

BigBadBrian
04-09-2005, 12:29 PM

No he wouldn't. He would say "Repent, and sin no more."

FORD
04-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
No he wouldn't. He would say "Repent, and sin no more."

But do you think the homophobes would listen?

BigBadBrian
04-09-2005, 01:33 PM
But do you think the homophobes would listen?

Maybe some would. We'll see. :gulp:

DrMaddVibe
04-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Remember the commercial tagline...."When Merril Lynch talks...People listen"?

Now Ford wants to know if people would listen to Jesus?

What a tool!

FORD
04-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Remember the commercial tagline...."When Merril Lynch talks...People listen"?

Now Ford wants to know if people would listen to Jesus?

What a tool!

I would listen to Jesus, but then I know His voice. George Bush Jr, on the other hand, listens to a voice which tells him to bomb foreign countries and murder 100,000 civilians. Clearly this is not Jesus who is speaking to the Chimp.

And it was E.F. Hutton, not Merril Lynch.

Warham
04-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
And the Republicans do?? Ahahaha!! Tom DeLay is more corrupt than Tammany Hall meets Robert Mugabe! And they dare talk about values! BULLSHIT!

Nick, if you want to talk about corrupt politicians, I'd be happy to fill you in on some Democratic names from the early nineties that were knee deep in corruption.

Try to expand your horizons beyond Tom Delay, even if he does give you a hard on.

Warham
04-09-2005, 03:26 PM

Jesus talked about hell more than anything else. I wonder why.

Warham
04-09-2005, 03:27 PM
I would listen to Jesus, but then I know His voice. George Bush Jr, on the other hand, listens to a voice which tells him to bomb foreign countries and murder 100,000 civilians. Clearly this is not Jesus who is speaking to the Chimp.

FORD, we killed 100,000 innocent civilians in Japan when we bombed their ass. Was that wrong when Truman did that?

Nickdfresh
04-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Nick, if you want to talk about corrupt politicians, I'd be happy to fill you in on some Democratic names from the early nineties that were knee deep in corruption.

Try to expand your horizons beyond Tom Delay, even if he does give you a hard on.

Not arguing with you there, but spare me the holier-than-now "we're on a mission from God" routine when these guys are a bunch of money-whoring cunts!

Warham
04-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Never said that, did I?

What I originally said in this thread was that it's laughable that the Democrats are trying to get in with the Jesus crowd, when everybody knows it's a sham and can see through it instantly.

Everybody knows Jesus and liberals don't mix, just like me and everclear.

FORD
04-09-2005, 03:57 PM
FORD, we killed 100,000 innocent civilians in Japan when we bombed their ass. Was that wrong when Truman did that?

Deliberately killing civilians is always wrong, even in war. War against Japan itself was justified (as opposed to Iraq) but the targets should have been military.

Anyway, if you want to debate Hiroshima, start a seperate thread on that subject, and lets get this one back on topic.

Mainly the fact that true Christian values are not the ones held by right wing neocons.

DR CHIP
04-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Ford,

In all sincerity and not trying to offend, the Democratic values are WAY off from Christianity. The Scriptures teach personal responsibility (not a welfare state) and hold a high moral and ethical view (no one can even begin to argue where the Bible stands on homosexuality, abortion, etc.).

I am NOT trying to say that the Republican party is the bastion of truth either, but c'mon the Democrats are way off on many things.

Peace

Warham
04-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Thank you, DR. CHIP.

Finally, another clear mind decides to step up to the plate.

FORD
04-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Jesus talked about hell more than anything else. I wonder why.

Maybe He saw visions of the Republican party?

Warham
04-09-2005, 04:49 PM
I can imagine it had something to do with people believing their actions and deeds were OK when they were not OK. People believing they were living according to the good book, when in fact, they weren't.

FORD
04-09-2005, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DR CHIP
Ford,

In all sincerity and not trying to offend, the Democratic values are WAY off from Christianity.

Here are the Christian values, as taught by the Man Himself.....

from Matthew 5 - New Living Translation

God blesses those who realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is given to them.

God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

God blesses those who are gentle and lowly, for the whole earth will belong to them.

God blesses those who are hungry and thirsty for justice, for they will receive it in full.

God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.

God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God.

God blesses those who are persecuted because they live for God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.

God blesses you when you are mocked and persecuted and lied about because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted, too.

These are the values taught by Jesus Christ. These are the values that I choose to live my own life by, which is exactly why I am a Liberal. These ARE Liberal values. I would agree that neither of the two parties upholds them completely, but that the Democrats come much closer to the Republicans, and especially the BCE/PNAC neocons. In fact the neocon agenda is diametrically opposed to most of these values. And if you are opposed to the teachings of Christ, how can you be a Christian?

The Scriptures teach personal responsibility (not a welfare state) and hold a high moral and ethical view (no one can even begin to argue where the Bible stands on homosexuality, abortion, etc.).

This is where right wingers come in with their "pick and choose" approach to scripture. On a typical Sunday morning, a right winger will eat a bacon & egg breakfast, perhaps an omelette with some cheese in it. Then they'll shower & shave, put on their wool blend suit and head off to church where their pastor spends an hour ranting about how bad homosexuals are. Well the same Leviticus which the pastor is quoting from also says that eating pork is an abomination. It says that you will not eat meat and dairy in the same meal. Shaving of a beard is forbidden, as is wearing clothing made from more than one type of material. So if gays are condemned to Hell by Leviticus, then the right winger in this example has at least 4 abominations against him, sending him to the same warm climate.

Now obviously if you held a public rally condemning beard shavers, suit wearers, and bacon eaters to the eternal fires of Hell, you would be in a padded cell by sundown. Yet credibility is given to one verse taken out of context from the exact same outdated, invalid rulebook for a long dead sect of priests.

Why is that? Well, it's hypocrisy. no other word for it. Insecure people just have to convince themselves that they're "superior" to somebody, and the majority of them won't get caught in public doing it to those who are now protected by law.

So who's left? Ah yes, let's pick on the faggots while we still can. And by GOD, we won't let them take away the last group we can get away with persecuting, because if they did that, why we might have to take a look at what's wrong with ourselves.

That is exactly what's behind the right wing homophobia. Not that I believe every right winger is actively looking for someone to hate, but they refuse to question those who DO.

The answer is simple. If someone presents you with something they claim is "Christian doctrine", measure it against the teachings of Jesus Christ. Not Leviticus. Not anything written by Moses or Paul, or any other flawed human being. Even FORD. But by the very teachings of the Son of God which I have quoted above. By "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You". By "Love the Lord Thy God and Love Thy Neighbor", which Jesus said would cover you on all bases of the law.

And if the doctrine does not meet those standards, then it is not of Christ. And if it is not of Christ, then by definition, it cannot be Christian.

Peace.

BigBadBrian
04-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
Ford,

In all sincerity and not trying to offend, the Democratic values are WAY off from Christianity. The Scriptures teach personal responsibility (not a welfare state) and hold a high moral and ethical view (no one can even begin to argue where the Bible stands on homosexuality, abortion, etc.).

I am NOT trying to say that the Republican party is the bastion of truth either, but c'mon the Democrats are way off on many things.

Peace

Thank you Dr. Chip. This needs repeating, not that snot drivel Reverend FORD just posted. :rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
04-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Like we know how well those values are working for him when he decides to edit posts, name call and make up inaccuracies but elude they're facts!

Nice try.

Jesus hates hypocrites Ford!

Warham
04-10-2005, 08:07 AM
If God thinks homosexuality is wrong, as was what was inferred in the story of Sodom and Gamorrah, then God still thinks it is wrong. God is unchanged throughout history. He's not going to change his mind about what is sinning and what isn't.

Democrats are the ones who pick and choose. Joe Democrat takes his woman to the abortion clinic on the way to church. The pastor talks about the sanctity of human life, and Joe Democrat gives a hearty amen.

JoeTHUNDER'SMAN
04-10-2005, 08:30 AM
And who the hell are you to speak for God baby???

FORD
04-10-2005, 10:49 AM
If God thinks homosexuality is wrong, as was what was inferred in the story of Sodom and Gamorrah, then God still thinks it is wrong.

If you believe God condemns homosexuals in that story, then you must also believe He endorses rape & incest. And if that's your idea of God, that's pretty fucking sick.

Fact is that there is NOTHING in the Sodom & Gommorrah story which has anything to do with 2 consenting same sex adults in a long term relationship.

What is implied by the crowd telling Lot "bring your friends out here so that we may know them" would be an act of rape, considering the angels wouldn't be consenting. Furthermore, there's a question of whether angels even have the neccessary equipment.

In any event, God would certainly be pissed off if a gang of lunatics tried to rape some of His employees, whether it was physically possible or not.

But I seriously doubt that God would want Lot to allow his own daughters to be raped, or would want them to get daddy drunk and fuck him, both of which DID actually take place in the story. And then there was Mrs. Lot's extremely high sodium intake problem, but that's another story entirely.

BTW, what did the Gommorrah-ites do anyway?

God is unchanged throughout history. He's not going to change his mind about what is sinning and what isn't.

But the right wing misinterpretation of the Bible suggests that He did exactly that. You believe that God nuked all of Sodom county in Genesis 19, but then forgot to mention it when He gave Moses His Top 10 list. Did God ever nuke any cities for people not remembering to go to church on Sunday? You would think it might have made the list. You might also think, if you believe that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, that He might have mentioned it at least once in the 33 years He spent on this planet. But he didn't.

All you have as a record are the writings of fallible human beings like Moses & Paul, and even then absent from the cultural context.

Democrats are the ones who pick and choose. Joe Democrat takes his woman to the abortion clinic on the way to church. The pastor talks about the sanctity of human life, and Joe Democrat gives a hearty amen.

Your obsession with abortion is really unhealthy. Should the BCE have you on a terrorist watch list?

Warham
04-10-2005, 02:05 PM
FORD,

There's where we differ.

You find the Old Testament and New Testament fallible, but for some reason believe all the words Jesus spoke are infallible. Can't have it both ways, brother.

Moses spoke to God, and took those tablets from God. His writings are not fallible. Jesus spoke of his writings being holy writ.

You pick and choose which scriptures you want to believe. Is that what a liberal does? The scriptures he likes, he takes those and runs with them, but if something doesn't fit, those scriptures aren't part of the good book. Can't do it like that.

Warham
04-10-2005, 02:06 PM
I'll get into Sodom more when I get home and have my books on hand.

Cathedral
04-10-2005, 02:36 PM

Without war, there can be no victory.
Since the days of Adam and Eve, Good has been at war with Evil, the just against the un-just.
You know the voice of Jesus?
That's a lie based on your stand for abortion, and may God have mercy on any woman's soul that has aborted a child.
Just because it's legal doesn't make it right, does it?

I don't want politicians reaching out to Christians because their job isn't to lead the righteous, it is to govern the land and uphold the laws of that land....
If the people want God returned to the schools or our public places that all starts in the home of the individual, not in Washington or in a Courtroom.

The faithful need to stop voting for the lesser of two evils and see to it that a man possessed by no evil at all stands before them asking for their vote.

I'd like to see Howard Dean address a church and take part in a questions and answers session, he'd know 200% that his ploy to get votes will not work.
Bush put on a good show, until last November, now he has no pressure beyond riding out the storm of his Administration.

I for one learned a bunch, I learned that i will never take a politican at his/her word. they will have to prove themselves by their actions, and answer for them when they drift off course.
Why we as a Nation don't hold our politicans personally accountable is beyond me.

Just so you know, there are approximately 35 wars currently happening on this earth. every single one of them has the potential to spark events that ends all our lives.....DON'T TRUST A POLITICIAN, TRUST IN GOD!!!!

Cathedral
04-10-2005, 03:06 PM
FORD,

There's where we differ.

You find the Old Testament and New Testament fallible, but for some reason believe all the words Jesus spoke are infallible. Can't have it both ways, brother.

Moses spoke to God, and took those tablets from God. His writings are not fallible. Jesus spoke of his writings being holy writ.

You pick and choose which scriptures you want to believe. Is that what a liberal does? The scriptures he likes, he takes those and runs with them, but if something doesn't fit, those scriptures aren't part of the good book. Can't do it like that.

That's exactly what everyone does, i've been guilty of that as well.
You cannot find acceptance in those things that are an abomination without insulting God.
Diversity, when described by a Democrat, is not the kind of thing any educated Christian, or Jesus himself, would stand behind and support.

Would Jesus accept someone who admitted to his face he was a gay man?
Not unless he repented for his sins, and he wouldn't just say to him "That's nice" and walk away; he'd preach to him and explain what was wrong with his choice to rebell against the natural order of God's creation.

Jesus wouldn't hate the gay man, but he most certainly wouldn't accept his lifestyle and would definately minister to the man to abandon the path he is currently on.

Oh, but Satan wants all of us to find abomination to be acceptable, in fact, his entire task on this earth depends on us believing that.
He wants people thinking abortion is a "choice" that we won't be held accountable for. he wants us to think it's ok to allow gays into our daily lives as if it were a normal relationship. he wants us to believe it's ok to steal, rape and kill children, lie and cheat each other out of our blessings....Yeah, Satans a busy dude if you ask me.

I feel for anyone who thinks Jesus was in any way a Liberal, and i almost laugh when i hear a Democrat call themselves Christians or any politician for that matter use the phrase, "May God Bless America" after a speech.
Christians don't look to the President or politicians for spiritual guidance, they look to the word, they look in their hearts, they look to their Pastors.

The time is short, and if you aren't right with God you had better not wait or it may be too late.

Warham
04-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Amen, Cath!

:D

DrMaddVibe
04-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
That's exactly what everyone does, i've been guilty of that as well.
You cannot find acceptance in those things that are an abomination without insulting God.
Diversity, when described by a Democrat, is not the kind of thing any educated Christian, or Jesus himself, would stand behind and support.

Would Jesus accept someone who admitted to his face he was a gay man?
Not unless he repented for his sins, and he wouldn't just say to him "That's nice" and walk away; he'd preach to him and explain what was wrong with his choice to rebell against the natural order of God's creation.

Jesus wouldn't hate the gay man, but he most certainly wouldn't accept his lifestyle and would definately minister to the man to abandon the path he is currently on.

Oh, but Satan wants all of us to find abomination to be acceptable, in fact, his entire task on this earth depends on us believing that.
He wants people thinking abortion is a "choice" that we won't be held accountable for. he wants us to think it's ok to allow gays into our daily lives as if it were a normal relationship. he wants us to believe it's ok to steal, rape and kill children, lie and cheat each other out of our blessings....Yeah, Satans a busy dude if you ask me.

I feel for anyone who thinks Jesus was in any way a Liberal, and i almost laugh when i hear a Democrat call themselves Christians or any politician for that matter use the phrase, "May God Bless America" after a speech.
Christians don't look to the President or politicians for spiritual guidance, they look to the word, they look in their hearts, they look to their Pastors.

The time is short, and if you aren't right with God you had better not wait or it may be too late.

5 Stars to ya!;)