PDA

View Full Version : So I Just Spent $30 on a CD...

bueno bob
04-11-2005, 03:54 AM
And I'm listening to it right now. Doesn't pop up on eBay all that much from what I've seen over the years, so I finally busted out and plunked down the cash for the import.

Yngwie Malmsteen - I Can't Wait.

Only 5 songs, but I must admit I'm glad I spent the cash on it. The 2 originals are great, and honestly I think "I Can't Wait" (the song) would have been a fairly sizable chart on the US stations if it had been released - very catchy hook, memorable melodies, a lot of harmony, just an all-around feel good song. Not things you hear out of Malmsteen all that often, but it's just a good, solid song. "Aftermath" was also worth the price of admission, and the live cuts of "Rising Force" and "Far Beyond the Sun" are smoking hot. The final solo is some kind of Japanese wrestlers theme, I guess, but it's still a solid outing from him.

I really enjoyed the Michael Vescera output with Malmsteen a lot, and this EP isn't any exception; usually I'm pissed to spend THAT much money on a CD (and especially in this case on a fucking EP, for Gods sake), but I gotta admit this is gonna get a LOT of replay time out of me for the next month.