X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Savicki
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Howard Dean to speak in Vancouver

"VANCOUVER -- Former presidential candidate, Howard Dean, will be in Vancouver tonight. The new chairman of the Democratic National Committee is expected to talk about how he hopes to help his party win elections in all 50 states.

He says the days of running in just 18 states is over. He also says Democrats need to jump into the values debate.

Tonights speech starts at 7:30 at Skyview High School in Vancouver. Admission is eleven-dollars. A reception will follow in the student center. "

If this is Vancouver, WA, I would think Washington State is blue enough for Dean not to need to spend time over there. Did Dino Rossi cause a stirrup at the Governor's election?
    sigpic
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Shore up the base!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggggh!
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Dean's whole reason for his nationwide tour right now is for the purpose of energizing the Democratic Party on the local level. In recent years, the elections have been run by the national party, which means the DLC had far too much influence in the process. It also means that they focused primarily on the "big prizes" (i.e. states with high electoral votes) and didn't do much in others.

Dean is committed to a 50 state strategy, and the best way to do that is to have the state and local parties handiling the local campaigns, including the local functions of the presidential campaign.

Washington has a strong Democratic party, so I would guess Dean chose Vancouver is because it's the fastest growing city in Western WA, and it's been a political battleground in recent years with a lot of religious reich wackos trying to claim the area as their own (look up "Linda Smith" for an example)
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Dean will also be handing out Bibles and preaching the Word during these stops, to allow Democrats to familiarize themselves with the Lord.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Us Democrats already know the Lord. He's one of us
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Why does Dean need to preach about getting into the values debate then? Does it have something to do with John Kerry looking less than convincing when he said he was a man of faith last year?

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
              Why does Dean need to preach about getting into the values debate then? Does it have something to do with John Kerry looking less than convincing when he said he was a man of faith last year?
              Kerry looked less than convincing no matter what he said, but when it comes to religion, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. See, there is one thing that Kerry, Dean, and Poppy Bush all have in common. They were born & raised in New England states, and in that part of the country, religion is a private thing. They don't push it on others like the Southern fundagelicals do.

If you want to know which example would be preferrable to Jesus Christ, consider the following:

Matthew 6

1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

So as Jesus makes it clear, it's hypocritical to make a show of your religion as Junior and the fundagelicals have done for the last 20 years. Unfortunately, if you don't mention faith at all, the right wing tries to cast you as an atheist or a heathen or whatever (No offense, Pinky)

And this is why Dean is reminding us all that the values displayed by the neocons are not equal to the ones preached by Jesus Christ, and that the values of the Democratic party are much more in line with His teachings.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

I wonder if the blacks in Jerusalem during Jesus' day worked at the hotels. I'll have to ask Dean when he comes to do a town hall in New Hampshire.

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Way to keep an open mind, Warham.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                    I wonder if the blacks in Jerusalem during Jesus' day worked at the hotels. I'll have to ask Dean when he comes to do a town hall in New Hampshire.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Us Democrats already know the Lord. He's one of us

Yeah, He really approves of your abortion and gay marriage stance.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Republicans - champions of the unborn and the brain dead. Fuck everyone else in between.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Republicans - champions of the unborn and the brain dead. Fuck everyone else in between.
                          Clinton & Condit crossed party lines?

Comment

• academic punk
                            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

You know what the guy who just plea bargained in the Atlanta Olympics bombings used as his rationale, right?

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Lemme guess, Waco made him do it? The "voices" in his head from some BXY group?

How's 'bout we drop the niceties and admit that building bombs and killing innocent people is a crime and should be punishable to the highest extent...Don't pass Go, Don't collect $200.00...you go right to the front of the line after you admit responsibility and they take him out back make him dig a hole stand in the middle and shoot him in the head like some rabid wild animal.

Comment

Working...