• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roy Munson
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Future energy crisis...things will drastically change

The Long Emergency

I don't buy into everything he has to say but I think a lot of it is possible.

Check it out and comment.

WARNING: this gives "doom and gloom" a whole new meaning.
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    I guess you're right...
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I'm buying a hybrid then!
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Imagine Phoenix without cheap air conditioning....

Imagine Hell with better scenery. It would be about the same
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• steve
        Sniper
        • Feb 2004

I might have to go to Borders and read this.

There is much skepticism to be had considering he cites ZERO sources or statistics (in this blurb at least).

The one thing that stands out as a crock is his railroad hypothesis...rail cars ultimately run on our oil economy as well.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

It just means Jesus is coming!
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

WWJD

What Will Jesus Drive?
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Jesus would have driven a Suburban. But only because He had 12 guys riding with Him everywhere.

That's OK though, because He would have turned water into gas, and it wouldn't have any effect on the oil supply at all.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• steve
                Sniper
                • Feb 2004

I can turn a burrito into gas...does that make me Holy?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                  I'm buying a hybrid then!
                  Everybody will HAVE to drive hybrids by then, if not much sooner!

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Biodiesel is a viable alternative right now. They can make the shit from recycled grease, old tires, garbage, just about anything. Or make a clean supply from renewable agricultural sources.

One logical step would be the legalization of the hemp plant. We can save discussions of the medicinal and recreational forms for other threads, but the industrial variety must be legalized NOW. Imagine getting oil for biodiesel, fiber for clothing, and pulp for paper mills all from the same field. Not to mention seeds which have more protein than soybeans.

It's a no brainer. Which is why those with no brains will continue to oppose it.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Biodesiel does make a lot of sense because it can be transferred in the existing oil pipelines and distribution system. It's easier to handle than hydrogen.

You are right, there are a lots of sources for biodiesel. Did you know it can be made from a type of aloe plant that grows fast and uses very little water. They could even produce bio diesel in the southwest United States.

Shit, maybe they can make it from hemp too. Hemp is a great source of useful fiber for textiles, is fun to smoke, and if you can power your car with it. Man, I think that's what Jesus would dig. Or Thomas Chong who looks a lot like Jesus in the old movies. LOL!
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Another thing about the hydrogen(cell fueled cars) is that nobody ever says where it's going to come from.

Comment

• Big Train
                          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Doom and gloom. The truth is, if it ever gets that bad, all the restrictions on tech (hemp for example) would be removed in a hurry , I can promise you that. The $ becomes too great and obvious to resist.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                            Doom and gloom. The truth is, if it ever gets that bad, all the restrictions on tech (hemp for example) would be removed in a hurry , I can promise you that. The $ becomes too great and obvious to resist.

There may be some hyperbole in the article, but I have heard these facts from several other sources. It is a fact that oil is getting harder and harder to find and extract in a manner that is economically feasible.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The hold up in technology has a lot to do with corporations who want to control the whole thing. The oil companies don't want to go bankrupt, but they don't know how they can "own" hydrogen or hemp or even biodiesel, since it can be made from a variety of sources.

If Chimp is claiming to be supportive of hydrogen fuel cell technology, it's only because his friends in the oil industry are working on a way to patent the process for themselves.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...