Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Metrosexual or Medieval?

Metrosexual or Medieval?
    Doug Giles

April 16, 2005

According to a recent Washington Times report, American women are pig sick of the oversold and dandy metrosexual male imago. It seems as if the ladies are tired of dating, mating and watching these candy asses and, once again, are looking for a man whose masculinity is not in question.

Believe it or not, the girls are now lining up for men who …
    • Are rough and ready vs. rouged and giddy,
    • Are rugged and callused vs. reflexive and coifed,
    • Are selfless and protective vs. fashionable and feckless, and
    • Are into beer, sports and gadgets vs. buns of steel and spandex.

The decisively hetero girls are looking for some testosterone junkies who are not eating their gouda gift set but, instead, have mixed this smelly stuff with their stink bait and are using it to catch big catfish on the Chattahoochee.

God bless the women who are doing the Sadie Hawkins for guys who are low maintenance and easy going. Yeah … fine American lasses are righteously refusing the low yield, reflexively irate fops Hollywood has tried to cram down our culture’s collective throat. The girls have spoken and have said, No thanks, to the eye-brow- tweaked man. They have sent the metrosexual male back to Europe where he belongs, and, predictably, they have embraced the Marlboro Man.

You’ve gotta love it!

Yes, just when the sensible are about to go Ozzy on society and call for the four horsemen of the apocalypse to wrap this thing up, the clouds break and reveal that there is hope, once again, for our country after all. Part of that hope is the setting of the metrosexual sun. And it appears as if everyone is relieved. Heck, even major homosexual pundits are glad the metrosexual lad has been sent packing. So to speak …

Now, for all you Backstreet Boys who are wondering if, if, you are one of these metrosexual males from whom women, men and small animals are running, I’ve concocted a little test to help you shed your proclivities toward abnormality and begin to saddle up and ride in a more masculine direction. Are you ready? If you start to hyper-ventilate, just take a break and control your breathing. Here we go.

You might be a metrosexual if …
    • You use more than three words when ordering your Starbuck’s,
    • You’re still into rollerblading,
    • You put on cologne to go to the gym,
    • You have an Armani Exchange or Banana Republic credit card,
    • You Tivo Sex in the City and/or Will and Grace,
    • You watch Friends with a note pad,
    • You have panic attacks (look, either have a real heart attack or cut the crap. That feeling you’re feeling is not death; it’s called responsibility and most everybody feels it. So … suck it up, drink a Guinness and get a life),
    • You shave any part of your body except your face or skull,
    • You buy your shampoo at a salon instead of a grocery store,
    • You take more than two, that’s two, minutes to fix your hair,
    • You think Ben Affleck, Colin Farrell, and Orlando Bloom are really, really good actors,
    • You think you have a feminine side to get in touch with, and/or
    • You must have Evian and only Evian for hydration (Hey, thongmeister. What’s Evian spelled backwards? That’s what you are).

Since society has gotten sick of these fad lads and some guys are thinking, What was I thinking? and do not want to mimic what’s inane again, you might be wondering: who, what, and where do we go to in order to set our sights on what to become as men?

Well … you can start by completely blowing off anything postmodernism or its ugly mother modernity has to offer and, as far as I’m concerned, traipse back a few thousand years to medieval times. A good book that lines out what these masculine worthies were is Brad Miner’s The Compleat Gentleman: The Modern Man’s Guide Chivalry. Miner goes back not to the 1950’s but to the 1100’s and unearths the oldest and best ideal of manhood: the gentleman. Resurrecting a thousand-year tradition of chivalry, honor, and heroism, Miner’s tome provides a solid blueprint for the lost Nancy Boys.

The Compleat Gentleman shows in a sharp and scholarly way that real manhood is not rocket science and that being a worthy warrior is based upon the simple, ancient, yet arduous ideal of selfless duty to one’s God, country, family and friends. Miner traces the concept of manliness from the jousting fields of the twelfth century to the decks of the Titanic. Miner states that the major traits of a true gentleman can be reduced to three masculine archetypes, namely, the warrior, the lover, and the monk. These three, combined together, form the compleat gentleman. This modern knight is a combatant for that which is true and beautiful, has passionate respect for the opposite sex and values learning in the pursuit of truth—doing all of the above with discretion, decorum, and nonchalance.

My ClashPoint is this: something will fill the pink vacuum the metrosexual spirit is leaving, and I hope it will be that which history has always exonerated, i.e., the warrior gentleman. Miner’s stellar book, young man, is a good starting point if you want to wash from your system all the residual metrosexual dung with which Hollywood and the television industry has inundated you. So … grab a copy of Miner’s book, throw away your four different hair products, dig into the great truths of yesteryear, plumb the traditional traits of greatness and fly a holy finger at the culture-crippling machinations of metrosexual madness.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • kentuckyklira
    Veteran
    • Sep 2004

A recent survey unveiled that American women ar a lot less interested in sex than their European, especially English, German and Swedish, counterparts!

Pity pity pity!
    http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
      A recent survey unveiled that American women ar a lot less interested in sex than their European, especially English, German and Swedish, counterparts!

Pity pity pity!
      No, they are just uninterested with unwashed, smelly European men in Europe.

Comment

• kentuckyklira
        Veteran
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
        No, they are just uninterested with unwashed, smelly European men in Europe.

Yeah, they prefer obese sweaty Yanks!

Nuff said?

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

I'm not an obese Yank.

Not yet, anyway.

Comment

• steve
            Sniper
            • Feb 2004

A recent survey says....
            Republicans are so OBSESSED with gay people because a lot of them are closet homos.

...NOT that there is anything wrong with that .

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Yeah, they prefer obese sweaty Yanks!

Nuff said?
              I'm not a Yank...I live in the South.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Just barely.....
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                  Veteran
                  • Sep 2004

You´re a wannabee clever college kid!

Couldn´t care less where you live!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Just barely.....
                    Call someone a Yank around here and see what kind of reaction you get.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

In Northern Virginia? Most people would be glad to be referred to as such.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Pity pity pity!
                        Because we like to cuddle more, where hte European women just want to fuck and that's it, as the article stated. We like to find our Marlboro Men and then have them hold us.

I never understood the metrosexual thing. I'd rather have a guy with his shirt off workin' in the field than one gellin' up his hair and worrying about his nails.
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Man, whenever I go to the South and they find out I'm from NYC, they start thinking I'm some snotty bitch. It makes me .
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

You´re a wannabee clever college kid!

Couldn´t care less where you live!
                            I'm in college but no kid. In America, people go to school at all ages.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              In Northern Virginia? Most people would be glad to be referred to as such.
                              I don't live in Northern Virginia.

Comment

Working...