When Alex saw Dave at 5150 for the First Time in 1996!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolverine

When Alex saw Dave at 5150 for the First Time in 1996!!

Dave was on enemy turf, so when alex confronted dave about all the past bullshit,dave said he was sorry. Class on Dave's part. Looking back now Dave should have told Alex to FUCK OFF!!!
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Just looking at AVH had to be sweet revenge!!!

1.) Your band sucks without me!

2.) You and your brother are a couple of washed up losers!

3.) I FUCKED YOUR WIFE!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Uhhh Dave fucked Alex's wife?

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

HAHA!! That's been the rumor for AGES!!!

Comment

• Wolverine

dave turned 5150 into club dave!!! bring the palm trees!!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Who could forget this fun quote........."We're motherfucking 40 year olds!!! What's this palm tree horseshit?! This is fucking business man! " ROCK N ROLL!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
              Sniper
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Uhhh Dave fucked Alex's wife?
              Cute tale about that one. Alex was married to Valerie Kendal.. Dave's meant to have given her the once over, Kerrang magazine got hold of the story and printed it naming the female as Valerie Van Halen. Ed thought they meant HIS Valerie (Bertinelli) and went for Dave in the dressing room, slipped and cracked a bone in his hand. Alex has NEVER forgiven Dave for all this and it's one of the reason for Al's dislike of Dave. Ed and Dave got over it, Al hasn't.

Comment

• Thorman
                Commando
                • Apr 2005

He turned up the volume..looked at Ed and said, Wow, that's some good shit dude, wish I knew how to sing some of that!!!"
                http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

Comment

• matt19
                  Sniper
                  • Mar 2005

ive heard that he fucked his wife but is it really true?
                  Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• Mezro
                    Full Member Status

• May 2004

Al not getting over it speaks volumes.

Mezro...I say it is 100% true...
                    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Funniest part of that meeting is both Dave and Al corroborating that Al was totally unaware that he [Roth] was going to turn up at 5150 studios.
                      Think after what transpired a few months later, Al decided not to let Ed cook up anything on his own again and blindside the rest of the band with it. Would be willing to bet that when Dave called Ed and the two talked about Roth being on the greatest hits, initially Ed wasn't approaching it exclusively from a business angle, and that he genuinely wanted to work with Dave again.
                      Alex, however, probably walked into the studio, saw Dave, and after the initial awkwardness saw an opportunity to move some units of BOV1, jumpstart some media buzz about the band AND get some revenge on Dave for bailing on them in 1985.
                      Far as Al threatening to kick Daves ass, Dave probably apologized as a way of biting his tongue and trying to make the whole thing work. Seems from what he said about all of it that Dave didn't take a hard-line approach in the summer of 1996, and actually toned his personality down somewhat in an effort to get along with the Van Halens. There was nobility in that approach, even if it got him fucked in the end.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I remember when Dave made his little 'Club Dave' thing in 5150 (according to his book).

And how he mentioned that the whole crew hung out there after recording sessions were done for a day.

But Alex is the biggest liar on the planet.

I remember listening to the Radio premiere of Best Of Vol1 and hearing Alex say that Dave should've been interested in the art of making music like Pacaso and saying "bring the palm trees, etc."

Well, Dave DID do that very same thing, as we found out in his book a year later.

Fucking Alex.
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• CROWBAR
                          Commando
                          • Sep 2004

I've always wondered why they were bitching about Dave bringing in palm trees to the studio when, just last year, on their tour with spammy, they had the same thing backstage! Dave's idea must have rubbed off! They know a good thing when they see it. It's all attitude!

Alice will always be bitter towards Dave, ain't no two ways about it.

I would have given anything to be there that day when Dave came strolling into 5150! Just to see the look on Alice's face! Priceless!

You think he didn't give his little brother an earful later?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                            I've always wondered why they were bitching about Dave bringing in palm trees to the studio when, just last year, on their tour with spammy, they had the same thing backstage! Dave's idea must have rubbed off! They know a good thing when they see it. It's all attitude!

Alice will always be bitter towards Dave, ain't no two ways about it.

I would have given anything to be there that day when Dave came strolling into 5150! Just to see the look on Alice's face! Priceless!

You think he didn't give his little brother an earful later?
                            He most likely did, then conspired with his then brother-in-law to screw Dave over.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                              Sniper
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                              He most likely did, then conspired with his then brother-in-law to screw Dave over.
                              Spot on VV.. Alex and the unmentionable twat brother-in-law would never have allowed Dave to have any control in that band, whether Ed wanted it or not.

Comment

Working...