Marshall JCM series

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pongracj

Marshall JCM series

Whats does everyone think of Marshall Amps.
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I love them. Ive got a split channel/reverb JCM800 100 watt head and slanted Quad box at the moment. Sounds most excellent. I can plug my Destroyer in directly, no effects or distortion boxes, and get a great sound. Both at high and low volumes. A lot of people complain that you cant get them to overdrive at low volumes, but this particular model, no problemo.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• pongracj

JCM 900 Dual Reverb

This is a pic of my rig. Its a Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb, with a MG412B. The amp is all tubes rated at 50 watts. Vary clean and clear amp.

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

I'd love a JCM 2000 DSL, but currently I'm short on cash so I'll have to work with the MG head that I have.
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• bukowsky
          Groupie
          • Feb 2004

jcm 800 rulez
          http://www.schlausinn.de/schlausinn-bukowsky.gif

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

SOLDANO!
            Originally posted by flappo
            i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
            translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• bukowsky
              Groupie
              • Feb 2004

yep ... and I still have two of the old ADA MP-1 (2.01) preamps with so called JCM-modification ... very nice too and very flexible
              http://www.schlausinn.de/schlausinn-bukowsky.gif

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

5150 II, It's a Marshall and Soldano in one package...

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

really?
                  i thought they were supposed to be complete shite

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• BrownSound1
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

The Triple Super Lead is most bitchin'....but no current Marshall can hold a candle to the older Plexis...50 watt or 100, choose your poison.

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                      really?
                      i thought they were supposed to be complete shite
                      They are known to be a one trick pony, but i'm a one trick jockey so we are perfectly matched, lol.

I like them alot and wouldn't give mine up for the world. I guess it is due to the fact that it embodies what i like from two of my favorite amps but in one package.
                      To me it sounds great by itself, but when i add the effects rack i find i have the perfect amp for my applications.
                      It's like a Marshall and a Soldano in one amp. i had an original Lucky 13 many moons ago and was never rich enough to own a Marshall, but the 5150 II just moved me.

The original 5150 in my opinion was junk, but only because the clean channel was anything but clean...

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brownsound1
                        The Triple Super Lead is most bitchin'....but no current Marshall can hold a candle to the older Plexis...50 watt or 100, choose your poison.
                        Brownsound1, just wondering if you consider the JCM800 as current or not ? Some of the recent Marshall's I have tried dont seem to have that same sound, especially the Valvestates (for obvious reasons). But the 800's were great IMO.
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

never played a TSL but had a go with a DSL and thought the sound was very buzzy, sounded like a lot of hornets with a bad temper

omae baka dana?

Comment

• BrownSound1
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Panamark
                            Brownsound1, just wondering if you consider the JCM800 as current or not ? Some of the recent Marshall's I have tried dont seem to have that same sound, especially the Valvestates (for obvious reasons). But the 800's were great IMO.
                            Nah, the JCM 800 is what, 20 years old now or something? It has its own unique voicing...as in 80's Metal, and that is a tone I like. I can't stand any of the Valvestate amps, or those modelling amps that Marshall has. The DSL and the TSL are the same amp, but with the TSL having that super overdriven lead channel.

Mr. Grimsdale, I think you would find the DSL to be a pretty decent amp if you crank the shit out of it, and not turn up the preamp gain so much.

Having said all of that, you still can't go wrong with a Plexi.

Comment

• fuzzman

Well... let's be a tad honest... The JCM 800s amps are fine workhorses, since they have been used through zillions of recordings and shows... They ruled the stages of most hard rock and metal acts all along the 80's... But they remain a single channel amp... If you need, say 2 or 3 distinct tones, you would need to purchase 2 or 3 of those heads and an amp loop-switcher and a dedicated custom switching pedalboard to use'em... And their costs have raised crazy since cats like Zakk Wylde and all the Nu Metal scene are praising its consistence and tone... Frankly, there are many others amps wich are delivering the goods for way cheaper prices... think ENGL, VHT, Diezel...

Comment

Working...