PDA

View Full Version : Spurrier vs. Fulmer II

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 03:11 PM
At the spring game...40,000 showed up to a game that maybe draws 10 grand a year...

Well...the week started out pretty interestingly...

South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier, who routinely poked fun at Tennessee while he coached at Florida, threw in a comment about the Vols when he was asked about criminal charges being dropped against Gamecocks receiver Syvelle Newton.

"I guess at one time somebody accused [Newton] of slapping him or something," Spurrier was quoted as saying in Thursday's edition of The State newspaper. "But this was not a full-blown fight. If you want to read about some full-blown fights, read about the Tennessee players, not our guys. We've not had any knockdown, drag-out fights amongst our players."

Eleven Tennessee players have been arrested or cited since February 2004 on various charges, and four players were charged this week with assault stemming from two separate fights on campus.

lmfao...Tennessee should be proud...

but Fulmer wasn't about to sit for this...lmfao...

"He needs to take care of his own house and leave mine alone. He's got plenty of issues over there, I'm sure, to deal with," Fulmer said Thursday after practice. "We've had a lot worse things than this that we've gotten through."

South Carolina has had nine players arrested in recent months.

"It doesn't bother me one bit," Fulmer said about Spurrier. "Maybe it rained that day and he didn't get to play golf."

So...Tennessee is up to 15...

SC better catch up...they are down 6 early...need a late TD to catch up...

Stay tuned...these 2 play in a gang fight on October 29th...in Knoxville...should be fun...

Va Beach VH Fan
04-17-2005, 06:44 PM
It's South Carolina, they ain't got nothing else to do....

'Cept maybe stop by Yankee Rose's house.... ;)

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 08:24 PM
I think that was an ouch...I guess it depends on who's visiting...and whether or not it's for "cookies" or not...lmfao...

rustoffa
04-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
"It doesn't bother me one bit," Fulmer said about Spurrier. "Maybe it rained that day and he didn't get to play golf."

That's pretty good for Fulmer.

He probably celebrated his mastery of one-liners with a couple pineapple upside down cakes.

BrownSound1
04-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Fuck Fulmer and fuck Spurrier. :D People who think that Spurrier is going to coach South Carolina into a major power need to put down the crack pipe. South Carolina doesn't support their football program enough to have that happen. Plus, let's say you're a blue chip player and you've got offers from your Notre Dames, Alabamas, USCs, etc., and then you've got the Gamecocks knocking on your door. Who are you going to go with. ;)

Fulmer is a rat bastard....

vanzilla
04-22-2005, 01:29 AM
I love Spurrier because he's the type of guy you love or hate. He's the Ann Coulter of coaches. And after covering Tennessee for almost 10 years and having to deal with Fulmer's lame ass every season - I'm glad Steve's back. I don't think he'll be able to lift S.C. to the same levels as he did Florida - but this won't be the Redskins he's coaching.

I completely understand why people don't like him though.

POJO_Risin
04-22-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm not sure why people don't think he can lift South Carolina to a power...

He turned Duke into a VERY GOOD football team...at a school that supports their football team about as much as Michael Jackson has had sex with women...

None...

He can recruit kids that will fit his system...and he'll be able to steal recruits from the traditional powers based on his name...and his fun n' gun...

South Carolina isn't Florida (but remember...Florida at the time he arrived wasn't exactly rolling over teams), but he'll make them damn good.

I concur...Fulmer is a dipshit...and has to be one of the most overrated coaches in the history of college football.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla
He's the Ann Coulter of coaches.

You just had to go there... ;)

Cunt....

POJO_Risin
04-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Isn't Coulter a Dude?

http://www.rawilson.com/images/coulter.jpg

BrownSound1
04-23-2005, 11:59 AM
That photo was taken the night after I met her....I didn't know I'd leave such an impression......ON THE INSIDE OF HER THROAT. :D

I don't doubt Spurrier's ability to improve SC's football program to some extent. However, I just do not believe he'll turn them into a National Championship type of team.

With Spurrier it isn't that I hate him personally or anything like that. I just cannot stand a coach who acts like a spoiled brat. Of course unlike many teams who faced Spurrier, my team has a winning record against him. Roll Tide!!

POJO_Risin
04-23-2005, 12:10 PM
lmfao...the old load apple...gotta love that...

as for Bama...lmfao...at least they have a winning record against someone...;)

BrownSound1
04-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Including Ohio State...:D

Of course when you have 12 National Championships you have winning records against most everyone. ;) There are some exceptions though.

POJO_Risin
04-23-2005, 01:22 PM
lmfao...they haven't played each other in what...15 years?