Arnie's Coming people...don't doubt it...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Top Jimmy
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Arnie's Coming people...don't doubt it...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger, making his Sunday talk show debut as governor, said that he and other foreign-born citizens should be eligible to run for the White House and that President Bush can carry California in November if he does more to help the state.

The Austrian-born former bodybuilder, in the capital for his first meeting with fellow governors, said he has not thought about running for president. The Constitution says only natural-born U.S. citizens are eligible for the country's highest office.

The Republican governor said anyone who has been a U.S. citizen for at least 20 years -- as he has -- should "absolutely" be able to seek the presidency. A constitutional amendment proposed by Sen. Orrin Hatch, a Utah Republican, would make that possible.

"There are so many people in this country that are now from overseas, that are immigrants, that are doing such a terrific job with their work, bringing businesses here, that there's no reason why not," said Schwarzenegger, who became a U.S. citizen in 1983.

"Look at the kind of contribution that people like Henry Kissinger have made, Madeleine Albright," he said, referring to two former secretaries of state who were born in Europe.

Schwarzenegger said on NBC's "Meet the Press" that he has been too busy with California's problems to contemplate a future run for the White House. "I have no idea, I haven't thought about that at all,"(YEAH RIGHT) he said.

Schwarzenegger reaffirmed his opposition to the gay marriages that are taking place in San Francisco. He said Mayor Gavin Newsom's refusal to obey the state's law against same-sex marriages could set a bad precedent. (Full story)
    Last edited by Top Jimmy; 02-26-2004, 05:50 AM.
  • Top Jimmy
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

and just LOOK at the 'salute' here.....

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Top Jimmy
      and just LOOK at the 'salute' here.....
      Now where have I seen a salute like that one before.....

That short guy with the funny mustache who Herr Gropenator's daddy worked for.

Oh yeah, then there's THIS asshole.......
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

So where is free speech verboten again? Not at Free Republic... No that's not where. Not at the U.S. message boards... And who wants to outlaw guns again? Which side of the aisle is that... I seem to remember another Ammendment to our Constitution that say we can have 'em.

Refresh my memory guys.

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

This whole Hitler comparison thing is starting to tick me off a tad.
          Hitler was a monster, dude.
          It is just plain childish and out of line to even think Bush is anything like him.

But then again, Bush is a man of faith and persecution is his burdon to bear in this society because of it.

I understand though, the same thing happened to Jesus, only he was crucified over his label.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Comparing Junior to Jesus??

That oughta get you a beachfront condo - at the Lake of Fire!
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

surprisingly, i agree with orin hatch.

i understand the rationale behind the framers requiring people to be natural born citizens or citizens at the time of the creation of the U.S. but i think if someone has been a citizen, today, for at least the past 20 years, that they should be eligible to be president.

i'd vote for this amendment.

Comment

• Sarge
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Bush is no Hitler.. he's just a chimp..
                ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

I don't know about this one. I'm really not in favor of changing the Constitution at all (or at least until we shore up adherence to it in our court systems).

I do have a question though, my daughter was born in Germany while I was serving in NATO. She has dual citizenship now, and will be strictly American at the age of 18. Can she be President someday?

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                    Bush is no Hitler.. he's just a chimp..
                    Interesting that a chimp has advanced farther in life than any of us...

Comment

• flappo
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

..speak fer yerself

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Well, I do still scratch my balls from time to time...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                          I don't know about this one. I'm really not in favor of changing the Constitution at all (or at least until we shore up adherence to it in our court systems).

I do have a question though, my daughter was born in Germany while I was serving in NATO. She has dual citizenship now, and will be strictly American at the age of 18. Can she be President someday?
                          Only if she's a Democrat. Republicans will never nominate a woman

Seriously, as long as she was born a US citizen, that's the requirement.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Ah, but she wasn't. We had to apply for it post-birth. It took a couple of months.

Comment

• Cathedral
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Comparing Junior to Jesus??

That oughta get you a beachfront condo - at the Lake of Fire!
                              Nope, just pointing out a coincidence. No comparison being made here.

Besides, i'm not the one making false claims that are based on theory with zero verifiable proof to substantiate it.
                              When i hear these conspiracy theories i always have to consider the source, not just if it fits my agenda or not.

Comment

Working...