PDA

View Full Version : New Pope Intervened against Kerry in US 2004 Election Campaign

DLR'sCock
04-21-2005, 09:55 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1521&e=3&u=/afp/20050419/pl_afp/vaticanpopeus

New Pope Intervened against Kerry in US 2004 Election Campaign

Agence France-Presse

Tuesday 19 April 2005

Washington - German Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the Vatican theologian who was elected Pope Benedict XVI, intervened in the 2004 US election campaign ordering bishops to deny communion to abortion rights supporters including presidential candidate John Kerry.

In a June 2004 letter to US bishops enunciating principles of worthiness for communion recipients, Ratzinger specified that strong and open supporters of abortion should be denied the Catholic sacrament, for being guilty of a "grave sin."

He specifically mentioned "the case of a Catholic politician consistently campaigning and voting for permissive abortion and euthanasia laws," a reference widely understood to mean Democratic candidate Kerry, a Catholic who has defended abortion rights.

The letter said a priest confronted with such a person seeking communion "must refuse to distribute it."

A footnote to the letter also condemned any Catholic who votes specifically for a candidate because the candidate holds a pro-abortion position. Such a voter "would be guilty of formal cooperation in evil, and so unworthy to present himself for holy communion," the letter read.

The letter, which was revealed in the Italian magazine L'Espresso last year, was reportedly only sent to US Catholic bishops, who discussed it in their convocation in Denver, Colorado, in mid-June.

Sharply divided on the issue, the bishops decided to leave the decision on granting or denying communion to the individual priest. Kerry later received communion several times from sympathetic priests.

Nevertheless, in the November election, a majority of Catholic voters, who traditionally supported Democratic Party candidates, shifted their votes to Republican and eventual winner George W. Bush.

-------

FORD
04-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Great. As if the Nazi association and dominionist ties weren't enough evidence, this seals it. We got us a BCE pope :(

Warham
04-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Nothing wrong with that.

Abortion is a sin. Let's call a spade a spade.

The BCE has nothing to do with it.

BigBadBrian
04-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Nothing wrong with that.

Exactly.

GAR
04-21-2005, 04:27 PM
How about denying the heads off some fucking poop-pouch poacher fuckin' dick-in-the-ass Homo Priests for the apostacy of ordained homosexual sin?

Oh - fuckin' DUHH.. thats what the Antichrist is all about. I can't wait! :)

Nickdfresh
04-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Nothing wrong with that.

So was joining the Hitler Youth. I guess this guy has a lot of experience in the subversion of Democracy.

Warham
04-21-2005, 06:07 PM
It was required in Germany to join.

You make it out like the guy was Hitler's right-hand man.

"Boys at 10, joined the Deutsches Jungvolk (German Young People) until the age of 13 when they transferred to the Hitler Jugend (Hitler Youth) until the age of 18. In 1936, the writer J R Tunus wrote about the activities of the Hitler Jugend. He stated that part of their "military athletics" (Wehrsport) included marching, bayonet drill, grenade throwing, trench digging, map reading, gas defence, use of dugouts, how to get under barbed wire and pistol shooting."

They had to join at 13. So you suggest he should have joined the underground at that age?

Warham
04-21-2005, 06:10 PM
A nice article from your favorite Liberal newspaper:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/21/international/worldspecial2/21germany.html

blueturk
04-21-2005, 06:44 PM

So pedophilia isn't a sin? Is supporting abortion is worse than covering for child molesters? Why isn't Bernard Law denied communion too?

FORD
04-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
So pedophilia isn't a sin? Is supporting abortion is worse than covering for child molesters? Why isn't Bernard Law denied communion too?

Now that's a damn good question. The fact that this clown is a cardinal at all, let alone played a formal role in the Pope's funeral ceremonies is beyond disgusting, and I'm not even Catholic.

When Billy Graham dies, I don't think they're going to call Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Bakker to do the funeral, and their sins ain't shit compared to Bernie Law's.

DLR'sCock
04-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Nothing wrong with that.

hmmmm. ok Spade a spade, murder and KILLING people, especially innocent people, is a sin......

Thou shalt not kill.....

simple enough...

FORD
04-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
hmmmm. ok Spade a spade, murder and KILLING people, especially innocent people, is a sin......

Thou shalt not kill.....

simple enough...

Well in fairness, JP was very outspoken against the Iraq invasion, and so was Ratzinger, I believe.

Warham
04-22-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm against priests being kept in the church after they've fondled children. They should be defrocked immediately, and charges should be pressed, if it's still possible.

Cardinal Law should have been defrocked as well, but I know they wouldn't dare humiliate one of their precious cardinals.

DLR'sCock
04-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Well in fairness, JP was very outspoken against the Iraq invasion, and so was Ratzinger, I believe.

Yes, I do know JP was...