X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Savicki
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

John Kerry

There are moments in our work together when it's important to step back, look each other in the eye, and decide what we need to do next.

This is one of those moments.

The Republican Party's leaders have set America on an extraordinarily dangerous path. We are no longer just debating the merits of one policy over another. It's far more fundamental than that. The far right seems set on a path that challenges the fundamentals of how we make our democracy work best for all of us. I can't literally sit in your living room and talk about what's going on and how we need to rise to the occasion. So, I've chosen the next best thing, recording a video message that I hope each and every member of the johnkerry.com community will take the time to watch.

It's essential for us to come together right now because, every day, Republican leaders are crossing lines that should never be crossed:

The line that says a leader in the House of Representatives should never carelessly threaten or intimidate federal judges.
    The line that says a leader in the Senate should never accuse those who disagree with his political tactics of waging a war against people of faith.
    The line that says respect for core constitutional principles should never be undermined by a political party's quest for power.
    And, most important of all, the line that says a political party's leaders should never let their obsession with amassing power overwhelm the needs and interests of America's families.
    The enclosed video message addresses the vitally important moment that our nation has reached. Decisions are about to be made that will shape America's future. I urge you to take a few minutes to watch the video -- and to forward it to your friends. But, most of all, I encourage you to join with the entire johnkerry.com community in committing yourself to acting to give voice to our values in the critical days ahead and holding Republicans in Washington accountable.

Sincerely,

John Kerry
    sigpic
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Does anybody even care what he has to say anymore?

I think the Democrat's favorite idol is Hillary right now, with her warm personality and sparkling wit.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
      Does anybody even care what he has to say anymore?

I think the Democrat's favorite idol is Hillary right now, with her warm personality and sparkling wit.
      WRONG.

Quit believing what Limpdick and Hannazi say about what Democrats believe, because you'll never get the truth from those crackheads.

As for Kerry, he's still far from my favorite person, but he's fought more for democracy since January than he ever did before the election was stolen. Maybe that was his wake up call, who knows? :confused:
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Oh, FORD...

We all know Hillary is running in '08, and will win the nomination.

Kerry and Edwards don't stand a chance. Bill isn't going to have those guys in his way when he has a chance to get his philandering self back in the White House.

They'll be thrown under the bus in quick fashion during the primaries.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
          Oh, FORD...

We all know Hillary is running in '08, and will win the nomination.

Kerry and Edwards don't stand a chance. Bill isn't going to have those guys in his way when he has a chance to get his philandering self back in the White House.

They'll be thrown under the bus in quick fashion during the primaries.
          I don't know who the nominee will be. It's 2005, so I'm not even concerned with 2008 right now. But it won't be Hillary, and I doubt it will be Kerry. Edwards? I guess he's a possibility, depending on what he does in the meantime to raise his profile. He would get my vote sooner than the other two, no question about that, but that doesn't mean he's my first choice. In political terms, three years is a long way off.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Guitar Shark
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

It doesn't matter who runs, the Republicans are almost certainly guaranteed another 4 years. The Democrats have no one right now, and no one on the horizon, who can attract enough of middle America to win.
            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

You are right, Guitar.

The Republicans are certain to win, no matter who the Democrats put up.

And to say that Democrats aren't worried about '08...Puh-lease. They can't get back into office fast enough. If Bush's term were somehow able to be fast-forwarded to end tomorrow, they'd do it in a heartbeat to get to the next election.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                It doesn't matter who runs, the Republicans are almost certainly guaranteed another 4 years. The Democrats have no one right now, and no one on the horizon, who can attract enough of middle America to win.
                At this point, it's more a matter of when "middle America" wakes up. The corporate media has done a good job of selling the BCE lies to them scaring the shit out of them with gay weddings while their sons come home from a useless war in flag draped coffi...er uh "transfer tubes" and they collect their last unemployment check. But at least Junior kept them safe from those terraists

The house of cards and duct tape is falling. It maybe falling painfully slow, but it IS falling. DeLay will be the first to go, but far from the last. Middle America will wake up and they will realize they have been had.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Perhaps, not until Obama can begin to really go national and acquire more experience...

But I am also wondering who the Republicans have for '08?

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

I'd like to see George Allen take a shot.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I could almost live with McCAIN. But he's swallowed his pride a little too much for me and Rove and the Neo Con's won't 'approve' him.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        At this point, it's more a matter of when "middle America" wakes up.
                        I agree, but you are far more optimistic than I am about this happening in the near future.
                        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I agree, but you are far more optimistic than I am about this happening in the near future.
                          I'm honestly hoping that DeLay's demise leads to a domino effect in the congressional midterms in 2006, if for no other reason than to stop the complete destruction of the judiciary. I'm afraid it's inevitable that Junior will get at least one Supreme Court nomination, as I don't see Rehnquist holding out until 2009. Fortunately, that would just be trading one right wing extremist judge for another.

It's Justice Stevens health that really concerns me the most. I believe he's the oldest member of the Court. And probably the most liberal.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Unless Dean succeeds in his speeches of all 50 states.
                            sigpic

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                              Unless Dean succeeds in his speeches of all 50 states.
                              Dean's efforts are going well from all I have read on the subject.

I think one thing you're going to see from the D-ean-NC is a party platform which can apply to Democrats as a whole nationwide, and leave the issues like gun control to the local party, as it should be. This also reduces the Right Wing & Corporate Media's ability to define OUR platform in the eyes of the public.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...