PDA

View Full Version : The 2005 NBA Playoffs

POJO_Risin
04-23-2005, 04:25 PM
Philly vs. Detroit right now...Philly was up big...now Detroit makes a big run and is up at halftime...

Shaq is going to play tomorrow...more than likely...sounding all humble...

but he's pretty much sounding like he's going to play...

POJO_Risin
04-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Now Detroit up 11...all D...all the time...

Philly blows...who'd have thunk that Sacramento got the better end of that deal...

DLR7884
04-23-2005, 04:52 PM
My 2 upsets of the East:

The Pacers will win their series.

The Wizards will win too, not a big upset at all though.

DLR7884
Kinda boring in the Eastern Conference.

POJO_Risin
04-23-2005, 05:02 PM
I could see the Pacers moving far through the tourney...

I could see the Nets giving the Heat some problems as well...

WARF
04-23-2005, 09:01 PM
GO CELTICS!!!

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Houston upsets Dallas in game one to snatch away home court...this could be an interesting series...

Yao and McGrady could be an interesting combo if they get going...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Man...the Celtics hammered the shit out of the Pacers...by 20...the Celts could be a sleeper...

and Seattle upends Sacramento in a shitty game.

DLRDUDE
04-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Go Wizards! They definately have something to prove

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Jordan must be stewing...

Washington hasn't gotten a lot of press...and they should considering Jordan really brought them down in his years there...

Good to see they rebounded...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 03:16 PM
So...now we've got New Jersey...with a healthy Richard Jefferson, Vince Carter playing as well as anyone the second half of the year...and Jason Kidd looking like a kid again (I hate that fucking pun...)

I really...really think they are going to give Shaq and Miami a run...if not upset them...

It should be a fun game...and a fun series...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Miami looking good with not a lot of effort so far against New Jersey...it's early yet...but Miami is up 12...this game could get ugly...and they won't have to use Shaq much...

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Miami is up 10...

I have to tell you...this team does a tremendous job crashing the boards...even their guards...

and what the fuck is up with Riley's fucking BLONDE hair!

POJO_Risin
04-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Denver upsets San Antonio...that would shake things up a bit in the West...and perhaps put Phoenix on the fast track...

it's early yet...

but Denver is a fucking hot team...

and Chicago beats Washington in the battle for Jordan supremacy. Does anyone give a fuck about this series?

POJO_Risin
04-25-2005, 12:24 AM
Phoenix is up 81-73 in the other game...fun game to watch...3 1/2 left in the third quarter...

POJO_Risin
04-25-2005, 12:25 AM
Miller with a couple of threes...pulls them within five though...

Memphis just doesn't have the firepower...

Warham
04-25-2005, 06:33 AM
The Celtics might surprise alot of people.

DLRismydad
04-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Warham
The Celtics might surprise alot of people.

i feel the same way about Indiana

NATEDOG001976
05-03-2005, 04:07 AM
Go Wolves!!!

POJO_Risin
05-07-2005, 02:56 AM
I don't think Boston is going to surprise anyone...it seems they play better without Pierce or without Walker...to be honest...

Whoever wins this series...will likely get swept by the Pistons...most that series will go is five games...

You have Miami vs. Washington starting on Sunday...I DO think Washington has the firepower to sneak out a couple of games...Heat in Six...

Phoenix against the winner of Dallas and Houston...and I would have to think Phoenix is hoping that Dallas wins that game...Houston has the ability to slow down a game...which could cause a problem. That being said...Phoenix in six against Dallas...7 against Houston...

SA vs. Seattle is interesting...I'm going to go SA in 7...but I may be choosing them based on past...and not current...it could be an upset...we shall see...

Warham
05-07-2005, 11:57 PM
I still think the Spurs will win the whole thing.

Redballjets88
05-08-2005, 12:18 AM
mavs are raping houston as we speak which is a grand thing

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 01:27 AM
Van Gundy...may be done coaching for good...

and now he's whining and moaning...

"I shouldn't have blah...blah...blah..."

fuck you Van Gundy..welcome to nowhere...

I think Phoenix will hand Dallas their asses...imho

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 01:27 AM
I think SA has as good a chance as anyone...

but they don't play D as well as Detroit...so why would they beat Detroit?

ALinChainz
05-08-2005, 01:34 AM
I'm thinking a non-biased repeat myself.

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 02:24 AM
I think the Miami series will be a brutal one...if Miami gets there...

Damn...Reggie Miller's career carries on...

I still see Detroit sweeping Indiana...

this...my friends...is going to be an interesting series though...

they should let Artest come back...gotta give Carlisle some props...

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Beatdown in Miami today...

I loved what Shaq said in that interview about Nash...

It's good for all the Canadian People...

lmfao...that's funny as shit...

POJO_Risin
05-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Heat sweep Pacers...and get to watch Indiana and Detroit beat the hell out of each other...tied at 2-2...

I still think that Detroit will take this series...am surprised and impressed with Indy though...Reggie Miller doesn't want it to end...

Miami is 8-0...and haven't really needed Shaq yet...Wade is a stud...

POJO_Risin
05-15-2005, 06:53 PM
You gotta give props to fucking Alonzo Mourning...who I think had a heart transplanted to where his kidneys used to be...lmfao...

but Wade comes up with fucking 42 points...on 60% shooting by the way...60 fucking percent...and what was he...16-17 from the foul line yesterday?

That's just flat out impressive...

superdave
05-15-2005, 07:01 PM
the Heat will be hard to stop....with or without Shaq

POJO_Risin
05-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Amare Staudamire is unreal as well...he may be the most athletic player in the league...and he's what...21...22?...

I ask you all this...who would be better?

Phoenix without Nash?...or...

Seattle without Ray Allen...

superdave
05-15-2005, 07:14 PM
better? I would say Phoenix without Nash

POJO_Risin
05-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Winning in the East...and Winning the title...are 2 totally different things...

Miami needs tested...

We shall see though...

they are one deep club...you gotta give it to that organization...for filling in the players with Shaq...at pennies really...Laettner and Zo both playing big when they need to...

Eddie Jones huge from the outside and a defensive presence...

Damon Jones...only 2 mill against the cap...huge signing...

What's the other big man's name?...plays great when Shaq isn't there at Power Forward and Center...

We shall see...Detroit made them look like bitches late in the year without Shaq...but Mourning wasn't playing worth a damn at the time either...if Shaq is healthy...Miami could be tough to beat...

I still think the winner comes out of the west though...

ALinChainz
05-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Haslem is the power forward, and is solid.

I think Detroit handles them and is the best shot at derailing any of those West teams.

POJO_Risin
05-15-2005, 07:18 PM
I agree with you superdave...

so my question then is...why do so many people make such a big deal about Phoenix' perceived improvement when it's damn obvious that injuries killed them last year...and with Amare, Johnson and Marion...the Suns are loaded...

why does Nash finish first in the voting of MVP...and Ray Allen finish ninth?...when essentially...Allen is More Valuable to his team...then is Nash...

POJO_Risin
05-15-2005, 07:20 PM
I think Detroit handles Miami if their D can focus on Wade...they've proved they can shut him down...

but if Shaq is there...I don't know...it becomes an incredibly interesting series...

I don't think Miami or Detroit match up any better against the west than the other...to be honest...but it will be interesting...

superdave
05-15-2005, 07:23 PM
the West will probably bring us the champ, but it should be very interesting--if Shaq is healthy, and the Jones' and Zo playing their hearts out, could be different outcome