PDA

View Full Version : New York Mets 2005 Thread

Stillwell
04-23-2005, 11:25 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/baseball/mlb/12/17/pedro.redsox.ap/p1_pedro_ap.jpg

Since Steinbrenner’s Yank-mees are bombing more than the air force over Dresden, I think it’s time to the NY Mets. You know, the team with the best record in New York. Eat that you Steinbrenner suckers.

After recently lighting up Leiter and thumping the Montreal-Washington-Expos-Nationals, the Mets are poised to capture first place in the NL East.

Do they have the right stuff to make it to the playoffs and even capture the National League pennant? Any thoughts on the team over all? Should we resign Piazza?

Hell, if the 2000 team can make it to the playoffs, a Mets roster that boasts Pedro, Beltran, Glavine, and superstar in the making David Wright can certainly do it as well.

Should we sign Piazza? Yeah, why not. He’s doing pretty crappy right now, but who else is down the pike?

monkeythe
04-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Difference between Yankee fans & Mets fans:
Yankee fan: pissed off about losing WS & LCS last 2 years
Mets fan: ecstatic about being 2 games over 500 & a game better than the Washington Expos

Stillwell
04-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by monkeythe
Difference between Yankee fans & Mets fans:
Yankee fan: pissed off about losing WS & LCS last 2 years
Mets fan: ecstatic about being 2 games over 500 & a game better than the Washington Expos

LOL! So true.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 12:06 AM
The Mets pitching staff blows ass...no offense...

but hey...any thread that goes at the Yankees is fine with me...

Betty Bush III
04-24-2005, 03:51 PM
The Yankees are a caricature. Every year they assemble an All Star team with over 200 million in salary. How can they brag about winning championships without contending with a salary cap (like the New England Patriots dynasty has done).

This is not in defense of my Red Sox who failed for 86 years with a high salary.

Seeing the Yankees fall apart last year was priceless. GO METS, continue the torture of Steinbrenner and co.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 04:02 PM
This is always a cycle for NY...until they trade and get prospects in return...or develop prospects...

then they'll be good again...

rarely can you win World Series Titles with all free agents...or aging homegrown...

right now...you have an aging catcher from their minors...a SS...who else...anyone else FROM the yanks? Do they even have a pitcher developed in their system other than Rivera?

Stick a fork in them...

You need balance...they have none...

Bob_R
04-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Betty Bush III
The Yankees are a caricature. Every year they assemble an All Star team with over 200 million in salary. How can they brag about winning championships without contending with a salary cap (like the New England Patriots dynasty has done).

This is not in defense of my Red Sox who failed for 86 years with a high salary.

Seeing the Yankees fall apart last year was priceless. GO METS, continue the torture of Steinbrenner and co.

Yeah, all those championships don't count you jealous, envious scumbag.

Bob_R
04-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Stick a fork in them...

144 games to go!

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Oh...EVH...I think they'll get into the playoffs...they have to much talent not to...

but I don't think...RIGHT NOW...they have the players to win the whole thing...

You have Randy Johnson...and after that...maybe Pavano...but Wright's arm is ready to explode again...Mussina sucks as a #2...who the fuck else do they have? Oh...Kevin Brown....

Rivera is still a stud...except against the Sox...

I just don't think they have the horse to:

1. Win in the playoffs...

2. make deals to get needs...

Betty Bush III
04-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Yeah, all those championships don't count you jealous, envious scumbag.

I never said they don't count. However you have to admit last year was possibly the biggest embarrasment in sports history. The Yankee mystique was SEVERELY damaged. 200 mil + payroll, 3-0 lead, IN YANKEE STADIUM!! THE RED SOX CELEBRATING THE GREATEST COMEBACK IN BASEBALL HISTORY. AROD SUCKING AS USUAL!! RIVERA SUCKING AS USUAL!! AROD SLAPPING AT THE BALL LIKE A QUEEN!!

PREPARE FOR THE WORST THIS YEAR AS WELL!!! FIRE CASHMAN!!

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Here we go...

Cashman shouldn't be blamed for being a puppet...and Torre will be blamed for NOT being a puppet...

Betty Bush III
04-24-2005, 05:25 PM
It would be hard to blame Torre for much. Living in Boston I've never heard a bad word said of Torre. That is a miracle considering the hatred between these clubs. Everyone respects Torre.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm sure Steinbrenner respects Torre as well...

but...he's now spent 200 million...and respect will get you nowhere but the door...

Christ...Torre LOOKS like he wants to get fired...

NATEDOG001976
05-03-2005, 04:08 AM
As Local H says...."And Fuck New York too"

Stillwell
05-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Glavine is 1-4 now. Another example of a good player turning into crap once he steps foot in Queens.

Nickdfresh
05-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Betty Bush III
I never said they don't count. However you have to admit last year was possibly the biggest embarrasment in sports history. The Yankee mystique was SEVERELY damaged. 200 mil + payroll, 3-0 lead, IN YANKEE STADIUM!! THE RED SOX CELEBRATING THE GREATEST COMEBACK IN BASEBALL HISTORY. AROD SUCKING AS USUAL!! RIVERA SUCKING AS USUAL!! AROD SLAPPING AT THE BALL LIKE A QUEEN!!

PREPARE FOR THE WORST THIS YEAR AS WELL!!! FIRE CASHMAN!!

Well said! See, we do agree on something!