PDA

View Full Version : John Rocker set to pitch for a minor league team in Long Island

POJO_Risin
04-25-2005, 12:33 AM
That's right folks...he's actually already there...haven't heard about him getting murdered by all those single whores who have kids and shoot up...

or the "monkeys..." as he so aptly put it...

I would love to be a season ticket holder for that team...

talk about upping your attendance...

academic punk
04-25-2005, 12:40 AM
what part of L.I.? There'a huge differecne between Inwood and South hampton, y'know...

POJO_Risin
04-25-2005, 12:44 AM
You are speakin' in tounges...and does it matter where the fuck he pitches?...I'm thinking it could be anywhere in or around the city...

POJO_Risin
04-25-2005, 12:48 AM
He's pitching for the Long Island Ducks (http://www.liducks.com), if that helps out at all.

Here is the press release (http://www.liducks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=news&newsID=102) for the signing...

academic punk
04-25-2005, 12:49 AM
South Hampton is pretty far out east, no waorry of ever having to take a "depressing" subway ride.

the only ethnic diveristy he'd see would be folks mowing lawns.

where did you get this? How the mighty have fallen, eh?

academic punk
04-25-2005, 12:51 AM
Islip is waaaay out in suffolk county...far away from pregnant women with AIDS sitting on subways.

Nowhere near Shea. Both physically and spiritually. That fucks career is over.

POJO_Risin
04-25-2005, 12:52 AM
I saw it in SI a few weeks ago...just got to posting it...

FORD
04-27-2005, 10:33 PM
The question is... does the subway go out that far, and would dipshit have to ride one to get to the game? ;)

academic punk
04-27-2005, 10:35 PM
nope. that's the land of mercedes, not f trains.

Bob_R
05-04-2005, 08:26 PM
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) -- Former Atlanta Braves closer John Rocker, now attempting a comeback with the minor league Long Island Ducks, had a testy exchange with a fan Tuesday as he walked off the field after another disappointing performance.

The 30-year-old lefty gave up two runs, two hits and two walks in one-third of an inning on the mound in Long Island's 2-1 loss to the Atlantic City Surf.

As Rocker left the field, Dave Macken of Atlantic City, a Surf fan sitting near the visitors dugout, yelled, "It's a long way from Atlanta."

According to Macken, Rocker replied, "I'm still a millionaire and you're a piece of [expletive]." Macken told The Press of Atlantic City that the two then exchanged vulgarities.

Rocker recalled the exchange differently. "Call me what you want, but don't start cussing at me like that," Rocker said. "That's just wrong."

Rocker is most well-known for remarks he made in a 1999 interview with Sports Illustrated in which he bashed gays, minorities and foreigners.

Rocker last pitched in the major leagues for Tampa Bay in 2003. He underwent surgery for a torn rotator cuff in July of that year and did not pitch last season.

The Ducks play in the independent Atlantic League.

Bob_R
05-04-2005, 08:27 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/baseball/more/05/03/rocker.fan.ap/p1.john.rocker.ap.jpg

rustoffa
05-04-2005, 11:01 PM
I asked this carnie-yellin' street vendor if he had any Rocker jerseys like mere days after he (Rocker) was traded to the other Indians.

Brougham noticed the one I had on and immediately offered me "dolla-fitty on the dolla mothafucka". He was pretty fucking excited about the fake twenty-lot we told him about a few seconds lata.

There was another highly-not-hyped article in SI I stumbled across. A bunch of Subway regulars just gushing about Rocker being pretty much right regarding his flippant commentaries.

What's up with the mullet?