Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

A Scathing Chairman Dean Finds Republicans 'Evil,' 'Corrupt' and 'Brain-Dead'

A Scathing Chairman Dean Finds Republicans 'Evil,' 'Corrupt' and 'Brain-Dead'

By Brian Faler

Howard Dean may not be running for anything, but his elbows appear to be as sharp as ever.

Since taking over as chairman of the Democratic National Committee earlier this year, the former presidential candidate has been quoted in newspapers making unusually caustic remarks about Republicans.

Dean has suggested that they are "evil." That they are "corrupt." He called them "brain-dead" during a stop in Toronto -- and while the Terri Schiavo case was still in the news. He has tagged Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) as a "liar." Last week, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that he mimicked a "drug-snorting Rush Limbaugh" at an event there.

Dean was noted for his candid and often unpredictable comments during his campaign last year. Then, as now, many Democrats said they don't mind the former Vermont governor's bluntness.

"You don't want a wallflower for a party chairman," one Senate Democratic aide said. Dean's remarks have not attracted much attention in the national media, in part because he has focused largely on local and regional news outlets since taking the party's helm in February.

But his counterparts in the Republican National Committee have noticed. "It's odd that Howard Dean says he wants to earn the respect of those who live in the red states, but chooses to not only attack their views but attack them personally," RNC spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt said. "Americans want to hear an agenda, rather than name calling."

Latest politics news headlines from Washington DC. Follow 2004 elections, campaigns, Democrats, Republicans, political cartoons, opinions from The Washington Post. Features government policy, government tech, political analysis and reports.
    Roth Army Militia
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Earlier today, I spoke to President Bush, and I offered him and Laura our congratulations on their victory.

We had a good conversation, and we talked about the danger of division in our country and the need, the desperate need for unity, for finding the common ground, coming together.

In the days ahead, we must find common cause, we must join in common effort, without remorse or recrimination, without anger or rancour.

I pledge to do my part to try to bridge the partisan divide.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Well, if Mr. Kerry meant what he said, I think he should speak out against Dean's anger against an entire political party. Instead of saying this person from the party is or whatnot, Dean's saying the entire party. And he's really not gaining my respect by telling me I'm evil and corrupt. In fact, I'm less likely to take what he has to say seriously. Really not helping his cause.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Don't worry...he didn't mean what he said. By losing the election he surrendered any base he thought he had there to begin with.

Dean grabbing the chair and Clinton becoming more and more vocal only cements it in.
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• academic punk
        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

He forgot to mention "ignorant", "aethetically challenged", and "victims of chronic halitosis".

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Doc ROCKS!!

And he's absolutely right, as usual
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Republicans of the world should get down on their knees and thank the Holy Lord that Dean the Mean is in charge of the Democratic Party. Nothing like a loud mouth idiot to alienate the middle of America and drive them to the Right. That is exactly what he's doing. It's too bad that Democrats can't see that.

Next thing he'll do is get that bonehead Al Franken and Janeane Garafalo to help him. He needs two more to complete his Three Stooges act.
            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
              ...Nothing like a loud mouth idiot(s) to alienate the middle of America and drive them to the Right. That is exactly what he's doing. It's too bad that {Republicans) can't see that.

Hmmm...seems like you could be talking about Bill Frist or Tom DeLay also!

Comment

• aesop
                Commando
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                He forgot to mention "ignorant", "aethetically challenged", and "victims of chronic halitosis".
                Hey AP... This is NOT a EVH thread... perhaps you were confused??
                Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• aesop
                  Commando
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  Hmmm...seems like you could be talking about Bill Frist or Tom DeLay also!
                  What??? Republicans want Americans to lean more right?? Say it isn't so...
                  Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• Betty Bush III
                    Groupie
                    • Jul 2004

Howard Dean pushes the dems further into obscurity, and they are too dumb to pick up on it. Maybe he'll forget to take his meds again and act like a lunatic on national TV. Maybe he'll pee on someone's leg this time around.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Howard Dean is acting like a Democrat, and showing leadership. It pisses off the DLC and it scares the shit out of the neocons.

Just saw a poll yesterday (if I can find it again, I'll post it) which says that people prefer the Democrats when they show some spine, as Dean has done, and as Harry Reid has done on occasion. Even Kerry's starting to come around at least part of the time.

The appeasement pussies of the DLC who have caused the Democrats to lose so much ground in the last 20 years are on the way out and the REAL party of FDR & JFK is coming back. It's just a damn fucking shame it all couldn't have happenned last year
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Even Kerry's starting to come around at least part of the time.

Not so fast!
                        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I didn't say anything about his athletic ability, Assvibe.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

"Evil" and "corrupt" I can agree with, but "brain-dead"? No way. The Democrats are the brain-dead party at the moment. How else do you explain the fact that Bush got a second term?
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                              "Evil" and "corrupt" I can agree with, but "brain-dead"? No way. The Democrats are the brain-dead party at the moment. How else do you explain the fact that Bush got a second term?
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...