PDA

View Full Version : Selig takes a stand?

POJO_Risin
04-30-2005, 04:37 PM
Selig's new proposal for Steroid use...

penalty 1: a 50 game ban (as opposed to the 10 DAY ban right now)

penalty 2: an 100 game ban

penalty 3: a lifetime ban

So...the guy goes from no policy for all these fucking years that he knew it was going on...lmfao...to a lifetime ban after the 3rd offense...

dude needs a fucking reality check...I like the policy...but nobody is going to buy his shitty ass politics...

DrMaddVibe
04-30-2005, 04:46 PM
He's a relic that's bad for the game.

He needs to go.

NOW!

How's 'bout testing the pros as hard as the minors and apply the same damn rules!

POJO_Risin
04-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Here's the problem with baseball...

The owners vote for their boss...and the players have no say...

They used to hire baseball men...or guys with good business sense...

guys like Peter Ueberroth (a good hire...didn't know the game...or give a shit about semantics...and ended a strike quickly...even though the owners hated it), A Bart Giamatti...and even Fay Vincent (didn't like him...but he loved the game...he was to much of a pussy).

They realized that the commisioners they hired never did what they wanted...so they hired a fucking Owner to "temporarily" take over what...10 12 years ago?

and Selig...as an owner...has no business doing this job...even if he gave the run of his team to his daughter...and even if he SOLD that team...a former owner? Perhaps...a current owner? Are you fucking kidding me?

The guy has no fucking clue...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-01-2005, 09:55 AM
I actually like how Selig played this one...

He put the policy out there for the UNION to slap down, making THEM the ones to be the bad guys....

POJO_Risin
05-01-2005, 08:40 PM
I didn't say I didn't like the policy...

I'm just fucking sick of Selig being about 10 years behind what SHOULD be done.

This plan would not have happened if Congress didn't call him out. Tagliabue is the only commisioner that beats EVERYONE to the punch...

Selig just plays catch up...

OF COURSE the players union isn't going to come up with a plan banning their own players...lmfao...THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT the players...

that being said...it will be interesting watching what the union does to this...it's certainly in their court...

POJO_Risin
05-01-2005, 08:41 PM
What's good about the plan...

is the current system...the 10 day deal...after 10 days...the players come back...and still have the roids in their system...

in this plan...after 50 days...the player doesn't have roids in their system...and it's not just 50 days...it's 50 games...

Warham
05-01-2005, 09:15 PM
I like the new policy, if it becomes ratified.

POJO_Risin
05-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Well...if it doesn't...Fehr will get crucified...

again...

superdave
05-01-2005, 09:20 PM
even though this is a good policy, Selig is still an idiot and has to go immediately

POJO_Risin
05-01-2005, 09:32 PM
No doubt about it...he's a moron...

redblkwht
05-02-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by superdave
even though this is a good policy, Selig is still an idiot and has to go immediately
I have to agree, change is over due..this guy has no clue.
Id like to see a new regime
in 2006.