• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky wilbury

Israeli spy master: 'Syrian president could be toppled'

Israeli spy master: 'Syrian president could be toppled'

By Agence France Presse (AFP)

Saturday, April 30, 2005

JERUSALEM: Syrian President Bashar Assad could be ousted from power as his regime fractures under immense political pressure, the head of Israeli military intelligence said in an interview published Friday.

"His regime's stability is in great danger today, more than in the past. The economic problems will get worse" following Syria's troop pullout from Lebanon completed this week, Aharon Zeevi said in the newspaper Yediot Aharonot.

"He has problems with the Americans because of terrorists infiltrating from Syria into Iraq, water problems with Turkey, and an argument over territory that he should have transferred to Jordan. He is seen as a weak leader. I'm not sure that Bashar has the strength or talent to make a decision. ... If he does not show leadership, Bashar could certainly become a victim of circumstances," Zeevi said.

Israel is still technically at war with Syria and still occupies the Golan Heights, a territory seized from Syria during the 1967 war.

"People are already saying that perhaps Bashar is not supplying the goods, that perhaps he should be replaced," Zeevi said, warning that Osama bin Laden's Al-Qaeda network "does not intend to sit by and do nothing" as Syria fractures.

General Asaf Shaukat, head of intelligence and Assad's brother-in-law, and the president's brother, Maher Assad, as possible leadership contenders.

On the home front, Zeevi said Israeli intelligence services had thwarted "more than 10 terror attacks against Israeli targets abroad" in the past month, without giving further details.

In the last attack, 34 people, including 13 Israelis, were killed in October when militants carried out bomb attacks in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, popular with Israeli holiday makers. - AFP
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Agent Z? Where the Hell have you been?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Three Lock Rock
      Sniper
      • Apr 2005

Maybe we can send the blue angels over and they can listen too Dreams while they bomb the shit out of the iraqi terrarist faggits!
      Van Halen 1986-1996, 2004: 80 Million sold and counting!!!

Van Who Again? 2007 : UNDERSOLD, OVERRATED FAILURES!!!

Owned bitches:

Bueno Boob
      Prikk
      Billl Limpburgh
      Dickdfresh
      Matt Wite
      Shaun Ponsonby
      Wawazass
      Sole Reeper
      and any other Rothtard faggit that tries to deny that REAL Van Halen is SAMMY HAGAR!

Comment

• Redballjets88
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

they dont fly bombers
        R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Three Lock Rock
          Sniper
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Redballjets88
          they dont fly bombers
          what are u an expert on the blue angels or something now?

three lock rock (do rothards think they know everything!)
          Van Halen 1986-1996, 2004: 80 Million sold and counting!!!

Van Who Again? 2007 : UNDERSOLD, OVERRATED FAILURES!!!

Owned bitches:

Bueno Boob
          Prikk
          Billl Limpburgh
          Dickdfresh
          Matt Wite
          Shaun Ponsonby
          Wawazass
          Sole Reeper
          and any other Rothtard faggit that tries to deny that REAL Van Halen is SAMMY HAGAR!

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

no i just know about things and that you dont use bombers as stunt planes u use fighter jets

redballjets (making you look like a monkey 24/7 365)
            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Originally posted by FORD
              Agent Z? Where the Hell have you been?
              off taking care of buisness. i'm back around only for a little bit

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                off taking care of buisness. i'm back around only for a little bit
                Welcome back for a short bit Agent Z! How the hell are ya?'

Comment

• lucky wilbury

fine. hows everything with you? how things around here? the board seems like its gone to the trolls since last dec. and when i mean i back for a bit i mean i could be here just for today or tom, the next week or only the next few hours i have no clue. i only signed on to post some crap. hell i'm not even supposed to be here now but i am and it's boring aorund here in mass and i need to pass the time.
                  Last edited by lucky wilbury; 05-01-2005, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                    fine. hows everything with you? how things around here? the board seems like its gone to the trolls since last dec. and when i mean i back for a bit i mean i could be here just for today or tom, the next week of only the next few hours i have no clue. i only signed on to post some crap. hell i'm not even supposed to be here now but i am and it's boring aorund here and i need to pass the time.
                    It has. This is a fairly recent phenomena though. I think it has something to do with the JoeRogan board and some stupid trolling contest! (i.e. Jesterstar is a prime example)

Comment

Working...