PDA

View Full Version : So Junior...... What's up with "Splash Day"??

FORD
05-01-2005, 03:55 PM
From Drudge (who would know) (http://www.drudgereport.com/mattspl.htm)

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE APRIL 26, 2005 14:20:17 ET XXXXX

BUSH ASKS ABOUT 'SPLASH DAY'

President Bush raised eyebrows on Tuesday when he asked locals in Galveston, Texas: "Do you still have Splash Day?"

"Splash Day" is the annual "adult oriented enormous beach party" celebration on the Gulf Coast.

BUSH: Do you still have Splash Day?

(LAUGHTER)

BUSH: You have to be a baby boomer to know what I'm talking about.

(LAUGHTER)

BUSH: I'm not saying whether I came or not on Splash Day. I'm just saying, Do you have Splash Day?

(LAUGHTER)

Bush was unaware "Splash Day" is now a fully gay and lesbian event on the beaches.

Developing..

FORD
05-01-2005, 04:03 PM
According to the Texas based gay magazine "OutSmart" (http://www.outsmartmagazine.com/issue/i07-00/history.html), it would seem that "Splash Day" has always been a gay event....

To some beach boys and leathery lesbians Galveston was the summer haven. They would go there in May and stay until October and become unnaturally brown spending most daylight hours on the beach working beach jobs if they could find them. For the rest of us there was Splash Day, which was part of the Grand Tour. GT began in New Orleans at Mardi Gras, next went to Fiesta in San Antonio, then on to the opening of the beaches at Ft Lauderdale. The GT continued with Splash Day in Galveston, Mission Days in San Diego, and closed with the Texas/OU game in Dallas. Gay men if they could afford the GT went to all these events and found companionship easily.

Back then, Galveston for most of the summer had only enough gay/lesbian population to be adequately served by two or sometimes three bars. The bars in Galveston were a better mix of men and women than the bars in Houston which were more numerous and could easily be divided into men’s and women’s.

During Splash Day weekend a dozen or more bars were needed to accommodate the influx from all over the country. The owners of Houston bars would rent warehouses and meeting halls that became gay bars for the weekend. Out on West Beach where the cops were not likely to bother people, they converted black bars to include gay/lesbian crowds and would serve liquor all night.

The beach-front hotels were full of gay people as well, especially the lower-priced ones. The Buccaneer, now part of the convention center, was especially gay-oriented and no one knew who lived in what rooms and most doors were just not locked all weekend. I got picked up in the Stewart Beach Bath House (a public place to shower and put on or take off your bathing suit) every year from 1957 to 1964 and have many happy memories from that era.

So Junior says "I'm not saying whether I came or not on Splash Day. " I'll bet he was at least breathing hard :D

FORD
05-02-2005, 02:07 AM
http://www.airfarceone.net/boygeorge.gif

diamondD
05-02-2005, 08:05 AM
You sure are fixated on gay stuff...

FORD
05-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by diamondD

Nah, I just find it hilarious that Junior would be so stupid as to blurt this out in public.

I do think it's time this fraudministration stops using homosexuals as scapegoats to rally the religious reich loonies though, because even if all the hints about Junior turned out to be false, you would still have Mary Cheney, Ken Mehlman, and whoever Gannon-Guckert was with for all those hundreds of undocumented hours he spent in the White House.

BigBadBrian
05-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by diamondD

He sure is.