• Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Condi to N. Korea: "Bring em on"

U.S. reminds N.Korea of its Pacific military might
    Mon May 2, 2005 05:37 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice reminded North Korea on Monday the United States has extensive military might in the Pacific after a suspected North Korean missile test over the weekend.
    "I don't think anyone is confused about the ability of the United States to deter -- both on behalf of itself and on behalf of its allies -- North Korean nuclear ambitions or gains on the (Korean) Peninsula," Rice told reporters.

"The United States maintains significant -- and I want to underline 'significant' -- deterrent capability of all kinds in the Asia-Pacific region so I don't think there should be doubt about our ability to deter whatever the North Koreans are up to," she said.

The United States no longer stores nuclear weapons on the volatile Korean peninsula, but has long-range missiles and other weapons within striking distance of the North.

The U.S. Air Force rotates heavy bombers -- among them radar-avoiding B-2s -- onto its large base on the island of Guam in the western Pacific and maintains F-15E and other attack jets in Japan and South Korea.

An American aircraft carrier is based in Japan and the Navy has made clear it can move others into the region on short notice.

Asian officials played down North Korea's suspected missile test, saying it appeared to be a short-range weapon unable to carry a nuclear warhead. But they acknowledged it would strain efforts to resume six-party talks on ending Pyongyang's nuclear programs.

The suspected test appeared to jangle nerves after North Korea's claims that it has nuclear weapons and its refusal to resume talks with the China, the United States, Russia, Japan and South Korea on its nuclear ambitions.

Speaking at a news conference with French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier, Rice urged North Korea to come back to the negotiating table and said its missile programs would have to be discussed at some point.

It was not clear whether she meant they would have to be dealt with in the six-party talks.

The six nations have met for three rounds of talks since 2003. A fourth round has not materialized after North Korea demanded an end to what it calls the United States' hostile policy.

The United States has repeatedly called for North Korea to resume talks and has dangled the prospect of U.S. security guarantees, improved relations and aid from other nations if North Korea abandons its suspected pursuit of nuclear arms.

There have been signs lately that U.S. patience with the six-party process may be wearing thin. Washington has said if Pyongyang refuses to come back to the table, it would consider taking the matter to the U.N. Security Council, where North Korea could face sanctions.

(Additional reporting by Charles Aldinger)

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

It has been reported that Iran is pissed as hell over this.

A high ranking Iranian Official was quoted as saying....." we're the next evil doers in line. Don't fuck with the Axis of Evil order, we're scheduled to be bombed in June"

more to follow.....

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Is it just me, or is it kinda weird that we (US, England,Australia) are
      going around invading countries that have no weapons, yet we have
      these fuckers waving them in our face, and we are doing nothing ??
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• kentuckyklira
        Veteran
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
        It´s not weird. Invading countries that actually have wmds would mean actually risking real harm. Why for example, is a country like Pakistan an ally? Plus, if there are no economical advantages to be gained from it (can you say OIL) what´s the use?
        http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Welcome to the world of the Neo-Con Busheep

Lying, greedy, hypocrites, one and all

Comment

• 4moreyears
            Commando
            • Oct 2004

You guys are fucking clueless.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by 4moreyears
              You guys are fucking clueless.
              This is coming from the guy who gets all his info from chain e-mails??
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                This is coming from the guy who gets all his info from chain e-mails??
                And a troll as well.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

It is weird, but the "oil" explanation only gets you partially there. The other half of the equation is that North Korea has insufficient natural resources of its own and has to import many of its sustainable goods, so it has very little bargaining power in the world community. The nuclear threat is its way of increasing that bargaining power. I think it's a stupid strategy, but it's the one they have adopted.
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Also take into consideration one of the actual reasons for wars these days.

The Military Industrial Complex needs actual, in-the-field methods to test out new technology. What better way to test out new weapons systems, etc. than to go to war against a country hopelessly outgunned and outnumbered?

Another reason is economics. We go to war, our troops need logistical support. Everything from ammunition to asswipe. The US Government hands out fat contracts to supply our armed forces in their endeavors, which results in large demand for these supplies. Which results in jobs for Americans. Theoretically resulting in a boost to our economy.

What most people do not know is that these "wars" by the United States are planned decades in advance.

Fer instance, at the end of WWII, there were hundreds of thousands of tones of materiel sitting on the docks of Japan. Was it destined for Japan? NO! It was going to Korea and Vietnam!
                    Now...to digress momentarily, in Vietnam in the late 40s, we were allies with, and supplied arms and logistical support to....

DA DAH!!!!!

HO CHI MINH!!

Hey WAIT A MINUTE!

Wasn't he our ENEMY in the Vietnam war?

Well yes, that is what we were led to believe. However, the OSS (which became the CIA) was backing him in his attempts to overthrow the colonial French government in Vietnam. He became to big for his britches, refused to play patty-cake with the CIA, so they created the Vietnam police action for some of the above reasons.

The Company calls these activities "Fun & Games".

Fast forward about 30 years or so to the 80s.....what Afghan Mujahadeen was our Government supporting in it's efforts to drive the Soviets out of AssRammistan?

BING! BING! BING!!!

You guessed it....

OSAMA BIN LADEN!!!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Ike Eisenhower warned us about the BCE - founded "military industrial complex". We didn't listen.

He also warned us about these fools trying to kill Social Security (check my signature)

You know that guy's doing cartwheels in his grave right about now.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Now recall what I said about these 'wars' and 'police actions' being planned decades in advance?

Planning for Operation Desert Storm (which occured in late 1990) was begun during the NIXON ADMINISTRATION!

The US Government plans stuff MANY decades into the future. Of course due to unexpected events, they must continually modify their plans accordingly, but these wars, etc. are not just something that happened over a period of months or even a few years. When we go to war, it is something that has been analyzed to death for a period of at least 20 years or so.

The CIA and their fun & games bullshit are a continuing enterprise. We set up a regime or puppet government. How?

We support rebels in the target nation, and we select a leader to be the next ruler of the country. If they play ball, they get to live and stay in office. If they decide they want to do things their way, they get assassinated or overthrown.

Think Ferdinand Marcos of The Phillipines.
                        Think The Shah Of Iran
                        Think South Vietnamese president Ngo Dinh Diem (assassinated only 2 weeks before JFK was...see even our OWN PRESIDENT must play ball...OR ELSE!)

All you haveta do is go to Our Lord Google and type into the Holy Gospel Space the following words: CIA Puppet Regime.

You will then get an idea of what lies behind all of the events that play out on the political world stage.

So...aside from the brief history lesson on how the US runs the world, someobdy needs to beat the shit out of Condi Rice with a big ugly stick. It IS, however, a good thing that we have a BLACK WOMAN as Secretary Of State. We have come a long way in the Civil Rights department. It is just too bad she is such a mean, lying bitch.

That said, she (like GW Asshole Bush) is just a figurehead. She is the pit-bull of the powers that be who actually make policy for the Federal Government. Just read the article at the top of this thread and you will see it is true.

Thus endeth the lecture...
                        Last edited by Hardrock69; 05-03-2005, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Here is an article about the massive profits Haliburton is making in Iraq. Note the name "Kelllog Brown & Root". That company has a history of sucking Government Cock to get fat contracts that dates back to the 1930s and many huge projects in Texas.

Green Left is not-for-profit, activist media, carrying the news, analysis & debates of environmental and social justice campaigns and movements.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

And here is one about the Bitch Of State, Condi Rice:

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              Also take into consideration one of the actual reasons for wars these days.

The Military Industrial Complex needs actual, in-the-field methods to test out new technology. What better way to test out new weapons systems, etc. than to go to war against a country hopelessly outgunned and outnumbered?

Another reason is economics. We go to war, our troops need logistical support. Everything from ammunition to asswipe. The US Government hands out fat contracts to supply our armed forces in their endeavors, which results in large demand for these supplies. Which results in jobs for Americans. Theoretically resulting in a boost to our economy.

What most people do not know is that these "wars" by the United States are planned decades in advance.

Fer instance, at the end of WWII, there were hundreds of thousands of tones of materiel sitting on the docks of Japan. Was it destined for Japan? NO! It was going to Korea and Vietnam!
                              Now...to digress momentarily, in Vietnam in the late 40s, we were allies with, and supplied arms and logistical support to....

DA DAH!!!!!

HO CHI MINH!!

Hey WAIT A MINUTE!

Wasn't he our ENEMY in the Vietnam war?

Well yes, that is what we were led to believe. However, the OSS (which became the CIA) was backing him in his attempts to overthrow the colonial French government in Vietnam. He became to big for his britches, refused to play patty-cake with the CIA, so they created the Vietnam police action for some of the above reasons.

The Company calls these activities "Fun & Games".

Fast forward about 30 years or so to the 80s.....what Afghan Mujahadeen was our Government supporting in it's efforts to drive the Soviets out of AssRammistan?

BING! BING! BING!!!

You guessed it....

OSAMA BIN LADEN!!!

I give you big props for knowing your history, but your conspiratorial stuff doesn't hold up.

The US had no clue that North Korea was to invade the South. Our troops were so unprepared, "Task Force Smith" (the initial force of US Army troops sent to S, Korea from Japan, all soft and fat from occupation duty and armed with obsolete leftovers from WWII) is a term coined within the US military synonomous with drastic unpreparedness and under-training of troops.

Comment

Working...