• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

JANET JACKSON Thought MARILYN MANSON Was 'The Devil'

This is stoopid....

ContactMusic.com is reporting that Lisa-Marie Presley was forced to placate Janet Jackson at a high-profile party held for her former sister-in-law — because she was adamant guest Marilyn Manson was the "devil."

The controversial shock rocker terrified Janet with his appearance, but the ex-wife of her troubled brother Michael greeted his presence with an entirely different response — when she realized she was in the company of her heavy metal idol.

Presley says, "I went with Janet Jackson to her record release party. He (Manson) came backstage with Billy Corgan. (Janet) was flipping out because she thought he was the devil.

"I was completely star-struck. I had a crush on Marilyn during his 'Mechanical Animals' phase."
  • vanzilla
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Who didn't have a crush on Manson during the Mechanical Animal phase?

I think she needs to go back to wardrobe malfunctions.
    Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• alexpgrimes
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

Nah her titties weren't anything special...
      If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Marilyn Manson is NOT heavy metal. He's industrial alt-rock, nothing more than an overblown version of Ministry.

Fuck, I wish people would quit lumping him in there.
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

By the way, this should go to the Music forum.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
            Marilyn Manson is NOT heavy metal. He's industrial alt-rock, nothing more than an overblown version of Ministry.

It's good stuff, though. MECHANICAL ANIMALS was an under-rated masterpiece. The title song especially is fucking great!
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Well, I thought about putting it in the music forum, but it really does not have anything to do with music, per se....

I figured it is more a post about how Janet Jackson is an idiot....

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

JANET JACKSON is a total idiot. I can't believe there are people that listen to that shite.
                Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob

And an Alice Cooper schtick knock-off! Boring, mediocre music propped up by image.

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    And an Alice Cooper schtick knock-off! Boring, mediocre music propped up by image.
                    That's it. I'm not inviting you to tomorrow night's BATHHOUSE party.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                      You better leave me out, too...I am not a MM fan by any stretch...my only indulgance into industrial were, uh...Diatribe, Sister Machine Gun, Chemlab, KMFDM, Ministry...Einsterzen Neubauten (sp?), and that was about it.
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Industrial got really old to me really quickly...there was some early NIN that I dug, but I got bored of that too.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I really love industrial. To be honest, my love for VH and DAVE is a rarity among those styles of music. I love BLACK SABBATH but am not fond of solo OZZY. I love JUDAS PRIEST and enjoy some MAIDEN, but am not big on most other 80s metal. I love MOTLEY CRUE and think TWISTED SISTER is pretty good, but I don't like QUIET RIOT, RATT or any of that other shite.

I grew up during the early 90s, so I'm basically a big fan of SOUNDGARDEN, MINISTRY, STP, ALICE, NIRVANA...that stuff.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                            Damn you RIKK! Well I'm not bringing my special lubricant/scented shower gel I purchased then!

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

It's cool. Industrial just never sat all that well with me...I got worn out on it really quick, and while alternative was becoming the mainstream in the 90s, I went underground into more obscure stuff that wasn't selling really well - also that means I stayed with the 80s groups I grew up with (Yngwie, Priest (although they weren't very active for most of the 90s), Maiden, et al), but I went into other fields too (got really into progressive stuff, Yes, ELP and the like) and also hit more extreme metal (black, death, etc).

Industrial I tried on for size, but it just never suited me very well. Some of it's OK, but I never cared for Manson at all.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...