PDA

View Full Version : JANET JACKSON Thought MARILYN MANSON Was 'The Devil'

Hardrock69
05-03-2005, 03:54 PM
This is stoopid.... :rolleyes:

ContactMusic.com is reporting that Lisa-Marie Presley was forced to placate Janet Jackson at a high-profile party held for her former sister-in-law — because she was adamant guest Marilyn Manson was the "devil."

The controversial shock rocker terrified Janet with his appearance, but the ex-wife of her troubled brother Michael greeted his presence with an entirely different response — when she realized she was in the company of her heavy metal idol.

Presley says, "I went with Janet Jackson to her record release party. He (Manson) came backstage with Billy Corgan. (Janet) was flipping out because she thought he was the devil.

"I was completely star-struck. I had a crush on Marilyn during his 'Mechanical Animals' phase."

vanzilla
05-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Who didn't have a crush on Manson during the Mechanical Animal phase?

I think she needs to go back to wardrobe malfunctions.

alexpgrimes
05-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Nah her titties weren't anything special...

bueno bob
05-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Marilyn Manson is NOT heavy metal. He's industrial alt-rock, nothing more than an overblown version of Ministry.

Fuck, I wish people would quit lumping him in there.

bueno bob
05-03-2005, 04:05 PM
By the way, this should go to the Music forum.

Rikk
05-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Marilyn Manson is NOT heavy metal. He's industrial alt-rock, nothing more than an overblown version of Ministry.

It's good stuff, though. MECHANICAL ANIMALS was an under-rated masterpiece. The title song especially is fucking great!

Hardrock69
05-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Well, I thought about putting it in the music forum, but it really does not have anything to do with music, per se....

I figured it is more a post about how Janet Jackson is an idiot....

Rikk
05-03-2005, 04:14 PM
JANET JACKSON is a total idiot. I can't believe there are people that listen to that shite.

Nickdfresh
05-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

And an Alice Cooper schtick knock-off! Boring, mediocre music propped up by image.

Rikk
05-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
And an Alice Cooper schtick knock-off! Boring, mediocre music propped up by image.

That's it. I'm not inviting you to tomorrow night's BATHHOUSE party.

bueno bob
05-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Rikk

You better leave me out, too...I am not a MM fan by any stretch...my only indulgance into industrial were, uh...Diatribe, Sister Machine Gun, Chemlab, KMFDM, Ministry...Einsterzen Neubauten (sp?), and that was about it.

bueno bob
05-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Industrial got really old to me really quickly...there was some early NIN that I dug, but I got bored of that too.

Rikk
05-03-2005, 04:25 PM
I really love industrial. To be honest, my love for VH and DAVE is a rarity among those styles of music. I love BLACK SABBATH but am not fond of solo OZZY. I love JUDAS PRIEST and enjoy some MAIDEN, but am not big on most other 80s metal. I love MOTLEY CRUE and think TWISTED SISTER is pretty good, but I don't like QUIET RIOT, RATT or any of that other shite.

I grew up during the early 90s, so I'm basically a big fan of SOUNDGARDEN, MINISTRY, STP, ALICE, NIRVANA...that stuff.

Nickdfresh
05-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Rikk

Damn you RIKK! Well I'm not bringing my special lubricant/scented shower gel I purchased then!:mad: :ky: :uck:

bueno bob
05-03-2005, 04:30 PM
It's cool. Industrial just never sat all that well with me...I got worn out on it really quick, and while alternative was becoming the mainstream in the 90s, I went underground into more obscure stuff that wasn't selling really well - also that means I stayed with the 80s groups I grew up with (Yngwie, Priest (although they weren't very active for most of the 90s), Maiden, et al), but I went into other fields too (got really into progressive stuff, Yes, ELP and the like) and also hit more extreme metal (black, death, etc).

Industrial I tried on for size, but it just never suited me very well. Some of it's OK, but I never cared for Manson at all.

Satan
05-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Manson's an insult to Satanism too :mad:

GAR
05-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah but http://homepage.mac.com/kia/magick/nin.jpg is out with a new one coming up!

Hardrock69
05-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Manson is just a pale imitation of Trent Reznor. He does not have near the songwriting ability.

I read some interview with his producer in EQ magazine...and he was ranting about how they would do kewel stuff like turn a sequencer on and let it run for weeks so that the signal degraded slowly, and then they would use part of it's sound on one song....I do not remember the album...it was released since 2000 I know that, so maybe it was MM.

Anyway, after reading that I thought it might actually be worth a listen....

I actually bought it brand new. Got home...listened to it one time, turned around and drove back into town and demanded a refund...it was a lame, half-assed attempt at an album..trying to succeed by taking a bunch of random noise and hoping that some decent songs could be produced by stringing them all together....

I dig Trent Reznor....Marilyn Manson licks his ass.....

Hardrock69
05-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Speaking of which, here is a YSI link to the three Japanese Bonus Tracks from the brand fucking new NIN album "With Teeth":

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OOWPAHSQR92P0M6ADQGFDDSIQ

Get em while you can...the link is only temporary...

DaveIsKing
05-27-2005, 02:26 PM
I'd rather listen to Marilyn Manson give a lecture, than Janet fucking Jackson sing her booolsheeot.

DrMaddVibe
05-28-2005, 11:41 AM
I think any band can write one good song. Great bands can write more than one.

Manson is an assclown. He's a parody of what he wants people to believe. He's part Kiss with the just gimmie all your money, part Alice Cooper, oh a girls name on a guy with a great stage show, and part Industrial du jour. Rammstein, White Zombie/Rob Zombie-esque.

He's got no more gas in the tank. He's done. His bandmates have jumped ship like rats going down with the Titanic! Now the fun starts as he tries to scream louder to garner his "15 minutes"!