X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky wilbury

'Bring bin Laden's head on ice'

03/05/2005 20:36 - (SA)

Washington - United States spy chiefs ordered agents to deliver Osama bin Laden's severed head in a box of dry ice and hoist heads of other al-Qaeda leaders on pikes, a retired field officer has disclosed.

As America reeled in shock days after the September 11 attacks in 2001, former CIA officer Gary Schroen was sent to Afghanistan to help the opposition Northern Alliance to topple bin Laden's hosts, the Taliban.

He told National Public Radio (NPR) in an interview broadcast on Monday and Tuesday that he stopped at the office of then-director of the CIA counter-terrorism centre, Cofer Black, for final instructions.

He was told : "Your basic marching orders are to link up with the Northern Alliance and get their co-operation militarily and they will take on the Taliban.

Also ordered to kill the other leaders

"When we break the Taliban, your job is to capture bin Laden, kill him and bring his head back in a box full of dry ice."

Schroen was also ordered to kill other al-Qaeda leaders suspected in the plot which saw terrorists slam planes into New York's World Trade Centre and the Pentagon, killing nearly 3 000 people.

It was the first time in 30 years with the CIA he had been ordered to set out to kill a target rather than try to bring them in alive, Schroen told NPR's station's Morning Edition programme.

He said he told Black: "Sir, those are the clearest orders I have ever received.

"I can certainly make pikes out in the field, but I don't know what I'll do about dry ice to bring the head back, but we will manage something."

Wanted posters

A week after the 9/11 attacks, President George W Bush told reporters he wanted Osama bin Laden and recalled Wild West posters that demanded suspects "dead or alive".

But the suspected terror mastermind was never caught and Schroen told NPR that CIA operatives found it hard to get close enough to strike bin Laden, partly because of his ability to move quickly around the country.

"We had could never tell where the man was going to be that night," said Schroen, who is promoting a new book and believes bin Laden is now hiding out in tribal areas of Pakistan.

Edited by Elmarie Jack
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

It would have been funny if they succeeded in their mission..
    Imagine the Presidents Speech !

I wonder if he would have pulled the head out of the bucket
    by the hair and held it up for national TV !
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Maybe we could march him throught the center of Washington, DC and Bush could publicy strangle him.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        Maybe we could march him throught the center of Washington, DC and Bush could publicy strangle him.
        Pay per view.
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yet it took over two months before they managed to get a single US soldier into Afghanistan...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Yet it took over two months before they managed to get a single US soldier into Afghanistan...
            Halliburton quoted 1.6 Billion dollars for the bucket of dry ice

AND WAS GRANTED THE CONTRACT
            Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Mezro
              Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
              Halliburton quoted 1.6 Billion dollars for the bucket of dry ice

AND WAS GRANTED THE CONTRACT
              Mezro...LOL...pretty fucking funny LM...
              Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                nope. a little three weeks to guy troops in the region. even less for special forces. they were in country in about ten days making contacts and gathering targting info on the taliban. how do you expect to get guys there? teleportation?

Comment

• coke
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2005

Re: 'Bring bin Laden's head on ice'

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                  http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...9282%2C00.html

03/05/2005 20:36 - (SA)

Washington - United States spy chiefs ordered agents to deliver Osama bin Laden's severed head in a box of dry ice and hoist heads of other al-Qaeda leaders on pikes, a retired field officer has disclosed.

As America reeled in shock days after the September 11 attacks in 2001, former CIA officer Gary Schroen was sent to Afghanistan to help the opposition Northern Alliance to topple bin Laden's hosts, the Taliban.

He told National Public Radio (NPR) in an interview broadcast on Monday and Tuesday that he stopped at the office of then-director of the CIA counter-terrorism centre, Cofer Black, for final instructions.

He was told : "Your basic marching orders are to link up with the Northern Alliance and get their co-operation militarily and they will take on the Taliban.

Also ordered to kill the other leaders

"When we break the Taliban, your job is to capture bin Laden, kill him and bring his head back in a box full of dry ice."

Schroen was also ordered to kill other al-Qaeda leaders suspected in the plot which saw terrorists slam planes into New York's World Trade Centre and the Pentagon, killing nearly 3 000 people.

It was the first time in 30 years with the CIA he had been ordered to set out to kill a target rather than try to bring them in alive, Schroen told NPR's station's Morning Edition programme.

He said he told Black: "Sir, those are the clearest orders I have ever received.

"I can certainly make pikes out in the field, but I don't know what I'll do about dry ice to bring the head back, but we will manage something."

Wanted posters

A week after the 9/11 attacks, President George W Bush told reporters he wanted Osama bin Laden and recalled Wild West posters that demanded suspects "dead or alive".

But the suspected terror mastermind was never caught and Schroen told NPR that CIA operatives found it hard to get close enough to strike bin Laden, partly because of his ability to move quickly around the country.

"We had could never tell where the man was going to be that night," said Schroen, who is promoting a new book and believes bin Laden is now hiding out in tribal areas of Pakistan.

Edited by Elmarie Jack
                  Bin Laden will never be found, alive. By all accounts he was in bad shape with kidney or liver problems a few years ago.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

it really is shameful that the god-forsaken, louse-ridden piece of trash hasn't been verified dead yet.
                    gnaw on it

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

You know, it wouldnt surprise me if the fucker was dead.
                      Ive worked for Arabs before, and its a way of life to shaft
                      everyone, even your own brother..

Whats the reward now ? 50 Mill ????
                      And not one Arab has come forward ??

That doesnt make any sense at all..
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Sorry, I saw the headline and all I could think of was...Must be 5 o' clock somewhere...HAPPY HOUR...2-4-1!
                        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• ODShowtime
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                          You know, it wouldnt surprise me if the fucker was dead.
                          Ive worked for Arabs before, and its a way of life to shaft
                          everyone, even your own brother..

Whats the reward now ? 50 Mill ????
                          And not one Arab has come forward ??

That doesnt make any sense at all..
                          Dude, I have thought that a million times over. $25 Million? Not ONE of those bastards didn't decide to get his paradise a little earlier? Come on.

There's a least a 50% chance he's already dead. What info do we have that he's alive? Arab people's statements and audio/visual documents. And Lucky told us Osama's tapes are always real shitty quality .
                          gnaw on it

Comment

• lucky wilbury

there no electricity in the area where he is so they don't get the radio or tv broadcasts about the money.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                              there no electricity in the area where he is so they don't get the radio or tv broadcasts about the money.
                              You need a wall socket to receive TV / Radio broadcasts?

And no print, word of mouth, or smoke fucking signals?

highly unlikely
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...