X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roguesgirl
    Veteran
    • Jan 2005

DLR/CVH on the radio

I thought it would be cool to have an ongoing thread to post if you hear a DLR or CVH tune on the radio or at a game, etc.. Which tune? Which station? any comments? was a request, etc.

I heard RWTD on WAAF in Boston and the DJ mentioned the box set and speculated that it meant that there was no longer a chance for the Mighty Van Halen, meaning with Roth, to reunite.

I also heard (to my surprise) Goin' Crazy on WHJY Providence, RI. I hardly ever hear that on on the radio anymore.
    TLC
    You KNOW I got the blues.
    Can you dig it?
    Welcome to Massachusetts. Now get the FUCK out of my way!
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Well, not exactly on the radio, but VH1's Friday Rocks has played Jamie's Cryin' two weeks in a row. They are also quite fond of RWTD and ocasionally play Yankee Rose and Just a Gigolo.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
      Full Member Status

• May 2005

the radio station here is gonna have a countdown of the greatest VH hits of all time on mothers day the reason for this is because it is alex's birthday the same day you can vote for your 3 fav VH songs............ they also played jump and feel your love tonight and hagar tune too, i wish they would lay off the hagar crap his voice is anoying

Comment

• Roguesgirl
        Veteran
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
        the radio station here is gonna have a countdown of the greatest VH hits of all time on mothers day the reason for this is because it is alex's birthday the same day you can vote for your 3 fav VH songs............ they also played jump and feel your love tonight and hagar tune too, i wish they would lay off the hagar crap his voice is anoying
        very cool!

except for the hagar shite

I hate it when they do a VH Triple play or threesome or whatever and they do two Roth tunes and 1 hagar tune. I'm like WTF? Stay true motherfucker...

Funny, I never hear 2 Hagar and 1 Roth.
        TLC
        Can you dig it?

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
          Full Member Status

• May 2005

very true down here they played a four play 3 Roth and 1 hagar that was cool i would've prefered them all to be roth, but i guess they were more in Roths favor than Hagars

Comment

• Grant
            Sniper
            • Feb 2005

104.9FM Triple M here in Australia is the main rock radio station. The only songs I've heard them play are Jump, Panama, Hot For Teacher, California Girls, and Just Like Paradise.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
              Full Member Status

• May 2005

here they play tons of Dave ere Van halen.....they play alot of PANAMA ,that's one of my faves

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

heard "jump" several times at the icehockey world championships....
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Luckily the radio station I listen to very, very rarely plays Van Hagar.
                  They know exactly what the people want and it's Classic VH.
                  Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                    Full Member Status

• May 2005

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                    Luckily the radio station I listen to very, very rarely plays Van Hagar.
                    They know exactly what the people want and it's Classic VH.
                    I agree...... they also want a real Van Halen reunion, so come on Eddie give Dave a call for christ sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Last_Child
                      Commando
                      • Oct 2004

The Norwegian Stations only play Shit..

except on Sunday night.

P4 is the absofuckinglutely the worst...
                      "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• Stillwell
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2005

Stuff I've heard recently:

Jump
                        Panama
                        I'll Wait
                        Yankee Rose
                        Just Like Paradise
                        Top of the World
                        Finish What You Started
                        Originally posted by Brett
                        Is life this boring in Syracuse?
                        Originally posted by Jesterstar
                        Life in Syracuse has been compared to your sex life, so yes it's lifeless and boring.
                        http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=496072

Liberace move over, there’s a new Queen in town!

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Out here in my neck of the woods, KGON (our local classic rock station that sucks, but it's all we've got) plays MOSTLY classic Van Halen...I say not exclusively, because sometimes we get the usual Hagar puke (say, Feels So Good, Finish What Ya Started, Dreams, Right Now - those 4 almost exclusively).

HOWEVER, in the last few weeks, I've been happy to hear: Runnin with the Devil, You Really Got Me, Jamie's Cryin, Dance the Night Away, Everybody Wants Some, Unchained, Jump, and Panama...

Also, they have this promotion called the KGON workforce, where basically you sign up to make $100 an hour - if you win, they announce your name on the radio, you call them and confirm and make $100 until the next hour, when they announce another name. At that point, the new person has a chance to call in and take over - if he/she doesn't call, you keep making $100 an hour until the next hour when somebody else gets the chance, and so forth.

I told you all that to tell you this - when they're at the top of every hour, the background music is the introductory music (repeats right before the singing starts) to "Little Guitars".

Portland Oregon is Roth country, I say...
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                            Full Member Status

• May 2005

Originally posted by bueno bob
                            Out here in my neck of the woods, KGON (our local classic rock station that sucks, but it's all we've got) plays MOSTLY classic Van Halen...I say not exclusively, because sometimes we get the usual Hagar puke (say, Feels So Good, Finish What Ya Started, Dreams, Right Now - those 4 almost exclusively).

HOWEVER, in the last few weeks, I've been happy to hear: Runnin with the Devil, You Really Got Me, Jamie's Cryin, Dance the Night Away, Everybody Wants Some, Unchained, Jump, and Panama...

Also, they have this promotion called the KGON workforce, where basically you sign up to make $100 an hour - if you win, they announce your name on the radio, you call them and confirm and make $100 until the next hour, when they announce another name. At that point, the new person has a chance to call in and take over - if he/she doesn't call, you keep making $100 an hour until the next hour when somebody else gets the chance, and so forth.

I told you all that to tell you this - when they're at the top of every hour, the background music is the introductory music (repeats right before the singing starts) to "Little Guitars".

Portland Oregon is Roth country, I say...
                            COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Roguesgirl
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2005

I heard Outta Love being used as some background the other day. It was some kind of Rock and Roll News or something
                              TLC
                              Can you dig it?

Comment

Working...