PDA

View Full Version : **AUDIOSLAVE** 05/01/05

DLR7884
05-06-2005, 08:40 PM
I had the chance to see Audioslave last Sunday night at the 9:30 club in Washington D.C. I've got to tell you, it fucking rocked.

I saw them 2 years ago at a club in Philly called the Electric Factory, where they basically played all but 2-3 songs on their album and threw in a cover of Rush's "Working Man" and some P-Funk song.

This show was totally different.

Here's the fucking setlist:
Set It Off
Exploder
Your Time Has Come*
Like A Stone
Spoonman (Soundgarden song)
Gasoline
Drown Me Slowly*
Doesn't Remind Me*
Be Yourself*
Bulls on Parade (RATM instrumental)
Sleep Now in the Fire (RATM song)
Outshined (Soundgarden song)
Shadow of the Sun

Encore:
Black Hole Sun (Chris Cornell Solo Acoustic)
I Am the Highway (with Chris playing acoustic intro)
Show Me How To Live
Killing In The Name Of (RATM song)
Cochise
*=song off the new album

The place went absolutley nuts when the band did some Soundgarden and Rage songs. The band sounded amazing, and the Soundgarden songs sounded exactly like the originals. Cornell's voice is fucking awesome...and much like the show two years ago, it actually got STRONGER as the show went on!

Cornell has quit smoking recently, I believe.

Anyways, I spent $186 on 2 tickets (due to not knowing about the show until it was sold out) and I swear to God, it was money well spent.

Go see this fucking band play live! And not on some gay ass outdoor tour. Seeing a band this powerful in the intimate setting of a club show is AMAZING.

DLR7884
Go see them live, and come back to this thread.

Roguesgirl
05-06-2005, 08:48 PM
How was Black Hole Sun?

DLR7884
05-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Roguesgirl
How was Black Hole Sun?

Pretty cool to hear it stripped down...Cornell's voice was perfect, and he changed pace on a dime when the chorus kicked in.

It's not one of my favorite songs, but it was cool to hear the raw version of it.

It was funny because after he played it, he was tuning his guitar for the intro to "I am the Highway" and actually started the song. He got into it and finally was like "fuck, that's all wrong." He fixed it and the show went on.

DLR7884
The new track "Drown Me Slowly" was pretty cool.

Roguesgirl
05-07-2005, 01:45 AM
I love Black Hole Sun and thought it would sound great this way. Cornell is incredible.

Loons The Great
05-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Wowza yowz yez yeah yes yas yah yallah all hell yeah yeah yeah yeah

Like a thunderbolt in yo Cheerios, son

Yez Yez Yez...diggin' that setlist...jus' as sho' as my name is Loons The Great...NUTHIN BUT YEAHHHH!!!

Roy Munson
05-10-2005, 03:45 PM
I love Soundgarden. Rage was great. The two together don't work, IMO. I just can't get into this band.