PDA

View Full Version : =VH= symphony...

DavidLeeNatra
05-09-2005, 06:30 AM
I just saw the KI$$-symphony again on dvd (which you have to admit is one hell of a show and a really nice piece of musical work) and wonder if something like this could work for =VH=, too (and I'm not talking about past 1984 releases here!!!)

I don't think that classic =VH= is not that easy to match with an orchester like KI$$ or Queen but which songs would you pic to be played together with a symphonic orchester?

The Scatologist
05-09-2005, 09:19 AM
I wouldn't wanna see VH with a fucking orchestra. It would defeat the whole purpose of VH.

hard rock
05-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Well for starters Dave did Jump with the Boston pops so that might work. Overall they would have to go with the milder tunes.

Little dreamer, woman in love,secrets, ill wait , maybe Dance the night away.

DavidLeeNatra
05-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
I wouldn't wanna see VH with a fucking orchestra. It would defeat the whole purpose of VH.

some bands need an orchestra...dave IS the orchestra ;)

DavidLeeNatra
05-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by hard rock
Well for starters Dave did Jump with the Boston pops so that might work. Overall they would have to go with the milder tunes.

Little dreamer, woman in love,secrets, ill wait , maybe Dance the night away.

I didn't like the arrangement of the boston pops version of jump that much, could have been much better...more power from the brass section and for the milder tunes...KI$$ did "god of thunder" with the orchestra and it sounded great...

hard rock
05-09-2005, 09:52 AM
yeah God of thunder worked out well becuase its a slower paced tune. Songs like Detroit rock city or Shout it out loud at times sounded mangled. To much going on at one time.

bueno bob
05-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Wouldn't work well...I think it'd sound like shit.

However, material from 5150 and up would probably sound great if you're into that sort of thing... :rolleyes:

DavidLeeNatra
05-09-2005, 10:34 AM
yeah God of thunder worked out well becuase its a slower paced tune. Songs like Detroit rock city or Shout it out loud at times sounded mangled. To much going on at one time.

I guess, what made it easier for the KI$$-tunes is the fact that the riffs are not that complex as ed's riffs...he'd have to cut back for an orchestra...

DLR82VH
05-09-2005, 11:35 AM
I dunno I don't think I'd like to hear CVH with a orchestra either......just seems it would take away from the powers that be and those songs.

Loons The Great
05-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Big Bad Bill

DavidLeeNatra
05-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
Big Bad Bill

naaaaaaaaaaah...it needs to be "big rock"

nosuchluck
05-09-2005, 05:58 PM
perish the thought...

canadiandlrgirl
05-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
some bands need an orchestra...dave IS the orchestra ;)

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

canadiandlrgirl
05-09-2005, 07:42 PM
;) i don't know about VH.........but Dave solo the whole skyscraper album would sound cool:D

SoldMySoul4RnR
05-10-2005, 08:51 AM
I reckon Light Up the Sky would sound pretty intense with an orchestra behind it.

Roguesgirl
05-10-2005, 04:36 PM
My kids High School Orchestra did Ozzy's Crazy Train. It was incredible!

I think along those lines...

Sinners Swing
I'm the One
the Full Bug

mentalpancake
06-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Well for starters Dave did Jump with the Boston pops so that might work.
He did California Girls too but only the people in Massachusetts got to see it.:D