PDA

View Full Version : Vikings' Smith Found With Drug Test Kit

ALinChainz
05-11-2005, 03:45 PM
By GREGG AAMOT, Associated Press Writer

MINNEAPOLIS - Vikings running back Onterrio Smith, who has a history of violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy, was briefly detained by airport police last month after they found an elaborate kit used to beat drug tests.

Police at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport questioned Smith on April 21 after a search of his bag discovered vials of white powder, according to a police report.

Smith told officers it was dried urine used in conjunction with a device called "The Original Whizzinator." The officer who filed the report wrote that Smith "told me that it was dried urine for making a clean urine test." In addition, he had a bottle of pills labeled "cleansing formula."

Smith told police he was taking the vials to his cousin. The police report didn't say where Smith was traveling. The Star Tribune first reported the story Wednesday.

"We will continue to monitor the situation as we would with any other and evaluate it from there," coach Mike Tice said in a statement Wednesday.

Smith's agent, Douglas Hendrickson, didn't immediately return a message left at his office.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said league rules state that failing to cooperate with a drug test was the same as failing it, but he wasn't sure whether there was any penalty for possessing a device designed to beat such a test.

Smith was suspended last season for four games after testing positive for marijuana. It was his second "strike" in the NFL's substance-abuse program. He would earn a yearlong suspension for a third violation.

The report filed April 26 says a tube of toothpaste set off an alarm as a bag Smith was carrying was being scanned. Six or seven vials of white powder were discovered in the bag. Smith was detained, questioned and allowed to leave, the report said.

In 2000, Smith was kicked out of Tennessee for using marijuana. He finished his college career at Oregon. Smith rushed for 579 yards as a rookie and led the Vikings last season with 544 yards.

ALinChainz
05-11-2005, 04:31 PM
"I was taking it to my uh ... cousin ... yeah, that's it."

He just made Minny's choice of what runningback to cut pretty easy IMO.

They liked him over Michael Bennett, Mewelde Moore, amd Moe Williams too ... all he had to do is leave the pot alone.

Contract year ... what a dipshit.

redblkwht
05-12-2005, 12:11 AM
put a fork in this dipshit..

he is so off the roster now
& the NFL for the matter..

should buy a new tattoo for
his forehead that says..

I am an Idiot retired football
player

lmmfao:rolleyes:

blueturk
05-13-2005, 08:26 PM
I really can't see how pot would enhance performance. At least he's not quitting so he can lay around and get stoned, like a certain fucking asshole.

superdave
05-13-2005, 08:29 PM
the Vikings have an idiot coach, a dumbass running back, they traded Randy Moss, and yet people think they will contend? we'll see (coming from someone who has followed Minnesota football for over 30 years)

Lloyd Anger
07-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
"I was taking it to my uh ... cousin ... yeah, that's it."

He just made Minny's choice of what runningback to cut pretty easy IMO.

They liked him over Michael Bennett, Mewelde Moore, amd Moe Williams too ... all he had to do is leave the pot alone.

Contract year ... what a dipshit.

Couldn't agree more. It was his spot to lose. All he had to do was put the pipe down for awhile. What a fuckin' numbskull.

WARF
07-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Ban his sorry ass!