View Full Version : RIP Peter Steele

nosuchluck
05-14-2005, 09:26 AM
wtf?

http://www.typeonegative.net

bueno bob
05-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Holy shit!

I'll be back with info, gimme two minutes!

:(

bueno bob
05-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Official word from BWBK...nothing much official about it, but...

TYPE O NEGATIVE - Peter Steele: 1962-2005? [Hot Flashes - 05.05.14 08:48:20]

MetalSludge.tv has posted the following news piece regarding the rumored death of TYPE O NEGATIVE mainman Peter Steele:

"Rumors have been flying around tonight about something that appears on Type O Negative's official website at www.typeonegative.net. The site is currently being bombarded with hits so it's really slow, but if you do manage to get the page to load you see (a memorial stone marked Peter Steele - Free At Last - 1962 - 2005). You can view it here.

What does it mean? We're not sure, and nobody else knows either. We've scoured the Web looking for any further details, but can't find a thing. There were some unsubstantiated rumors flying around that Peter Steele had been sick for awhile, so there may be a correlation. Then again, today is Friday the 13th, so perhaps it's a prank? One can only speculate.

We do know that TypeONegative.net was in the process of moving Web servers. And for the past week or so, all you could see at that address was a page with rainbows and unicorns and teddy bears and other shit. (This was confirmed by a post made at Type O Negative's page on MySpace.) This is what it looked like.

We hope that it's only a publicity stunt..."

DLR82VH
05-14-2005, 12:36 PM
I have heard so many this person is dead that person is dead rumours over the years on here, I'm kinda hesitant to believe anyting til I see offiical proof.

FORD
05-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Maybe he's trying to out-do the "Maynard found the Lord" rumor on the Tool site on April Fools Day?

Maybe I should call Satan?

FORD
05-14-2005, 01:20 PM
TYPE O NEGATIVE's PETER STEELE Is Not Dead - May 14, 2005

Despite a message on the band's official web site that seems to suggest otherwise, TYPE O NEGATIVE frontman Peter Steele HAS NOT DIED.

The band, who are famous for their dark sense of humor, have spent much of the last few months preparing material for their SPV Records debut, which is expected to be recorded later in the year.

TYPE O NEGATIVE cancelled their U.S. tour last fall in order to allow Steele to undergo further tests after "undisclosed anomalies" were discovered during a medical exam. A February 11, 2005 update on Peter's condition from TYPE O NEGATIVE drummer Johnny Kelly stated, "There really isn't much to report other than he's doing fine and his health is improving daily."

TYPE O NEGATIVE, whose first album, "Slow, Deep and Hard", was issued in 1991, fulfilled their contractual obligations to longtime label Roadrunner with the release of 2003's "Life Is Killing Me". That album debuted on The Billboard 200 chart at No. 39 in June 2003 after registering a first-week sales tally of 27,023 copies. TYPE O NEGATIVE's best-selling album to date is 1994's "Bloody Kisses", which has shifted around nearly a million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

DISCLAIMER: this comes from Blabbermouth.net who have less journalistic accuracy than FAUX News. So judge for yourself.....

bueno bob
05-14-2005, 06:43 PM
We'll see, then...I guess.

Antman
05-14-2005, 10:19 PM
He is now resting peacefully just like his career.

bueno bob
05-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Antman

Now, is that official or are you just flinging shit around?

Panamark
05-15-2005, 03:08 AM
Sick Joke.

DLR82VH
05-15-2005, 03:13 AM
That is a pretty shitty joke to play on fans though.

Soul Reaper
05-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Antman

is this some kind of bad joke?

bueno bob
05-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Yes. Roadrunner records released a statement saying "Peter Steele is not dead, they're busy working on a new record...Type O Negative just has a very odd sense of humor".

Personally, I LOVE Type O's music, but so soon after Dimebag's passing, this was in REALLY bad taste.

nosuchluck
05-17-2005, 10:30 AM
thats a relief...