X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thorman
    Commando
    • Apr 2005

DLR vs Sammy

I think this sums it up nicely, what I have been saying all along...

"It's a good thing Hagar went on last (the rivals are alternating from night
    to night), because Roth's performance had none of the emotion or
    over-the-top explosiveness.

Though energetic, Roth's 90-minute set was downright embarassing at times.
    Despite the twirling leg kicks and drum riser leaps of old, he's just not
    Diamond Dave anymore. More like Cubic Zirconium Dave; or the next Ozzy
    Osbourne. He's lost the voice, most of the swagger and, it seems, the
    desire.

It's no secret that Roth's career has been all downhill since he left Van
    Halen. Despite a half-dozen solo albums, his 19-song set consisted almost
    entirely of Van Halen material, a third of which came from the first VH
    album, the one that introduced the sexy, gabby, charming showman to the
    world nearly a quarter century ago.

We all know that Sammy has and will alwaus be above DLR its to bad but the truth always comes through!

Peace

While Hagar had no problem updating VH songs like "Finish What Ya Started"
    (letting guitarist Vic Johnson funk up the chicken-picking guitar part),
    Roth and his young backing trio sounded more like an average Van Halen
    tribute band than a guy trying to reclaim his legacy"

BAM
    http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav
  • superdave
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

no comparison, sissy boy----DLR all the way

BAM

Comment

• Thorman
      Commando
      • Apr 2005

The truth hurts dude....Sorry to have to let you in on it...

BAM
      http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

Comment

• superdave
        Sniper
        • Apr 2004

better get used to it fagboy, take a poll across America, and the results will say DLR 4-1--Sorry to have to let you in on it...

Comment

• superdave
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

BAM

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: DLR vs Sammy

Originally posted by Thorman

desire.

We all know that Sammy has and will alwaus be above DLR its to bad but the truth always comes through!

Peace

BAM
            I like how you left part of the article out, like how he admitted that DAVE's CVH catalogue is better, and the DLR BAND started off well, then faltered after half (the gayer half) booed him for his SAMMY HAGAR fat jokes.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Re: DLR vs Sammy

desire.

Peace

BAM

Just a review. Might reaffirm what you think, but is meaningless for those who have no use for Sammy Hagar, or his music.

What Sam does is just plain boring to me. So even Roth on an off-night is gonna appeal to me more than Hagar at his best.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                Full Member Status

• May 2005

The truth hurts dude....Sorry to have to let you in on it...

BAM
                what's your fuckin' point dipshit!!!!!!!!everyone kno's Dave rocks,i think it's time you grew a brain and faced up to it now get back in the fuckin'pen and quit making rediculous threads like this.BAM

Comment

Working...