PDA

View Full Version : DeLay guiltier than bin Laden?

lucky wilbury
05-18-2005, 05:03 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44334

DeLay guiltier than bin Laden?
Howard Dean says GOP leader should go to jail, but Osama shouldn't be prejudged

Posted: May 18, 2005
2:32 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean extended the American tradition of presumption of innocence to terror kingpin Osama bin Laden, but reiterated today that Republican House Majority Leader Tom DeLay – who has neither been indicted nor convicted – is "guilty."

On Saturday, in an address to the Massachusetts Democratic Convention, Dean said DeLay ''ought to go back to Houston where he can serve his jail sentence," referring to allegations of unethical conduct against the GOP leader.

Today, the Democratic chief reiterated his comments – which were condemned by Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass. – telling the Arizona Republic: "There's corruption at the highest level of the Republican Party, and they're going to have to face up to that one of these days, because the law is closing in on Tom DeLay.

"I think he's guilty ... of taking trips paid for by lobbyists, and of campaign-finance violations during his manipulation of the Texas election process."

Though Dean has already convicted DeLay and figuratively sent him to jail, during last year's presidential campaign, the former Vermont governor made it a point to give bin Laden, the most wanted terrorist on the planet, the benefit of the doubt.

"I've resisted pronouncing a sentence before guilt is found," Dean said during the 2004 Democratic primary campaign. "I still have this old-fashioned notion that even with people like Osama, who is very likely to be found guilty, we should do our best not to, in positions of executive power, not to prejudge jury trials."

Frank said of Dean's DeLay comment: "I think it was inappropriate. I'm a great critic of Tom DeLay's ... but to say that he's a criminal, at this point there's no basis for that."

DeLay could be criminally charged in Texas in relation to the use of campaign funds for shaping the state's congressional districts to favor Republicans. Three of his associates have been indicted in that case. Another shadow over DeLay involves lobbyist Jack Abramoff allegedly paying the cost of overseas trips he arranged for the Republican leader and others.

Warham
05-18-2005, 05:18 PM
More foolishness from the Democrat's Good Ole Boy!

BigBadBrian
05-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Dean is an idiot. There is no denying that. The Dems possibly made a good move in unseating him and giving the Nomination to Lurch, even though he blew it. :D

FORD
05-18-2005, 06:35 PM
You guys have been listening to liars since 1980. It's no wonder you forgot what honesty sounds like. Dean calls it like it is, and DeLay IS a criminal.

Warham
05-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Dean calls it like it is: blacks DO work in hotels!

BigBadBrian
05-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Dean calls it like it is: blacks DO work in hotels!

FORD? Comment?

:D

Guitar Shark
05-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by FORD
You guys have been listening to liars since 1980. It's no wonder you forgot what honesty sounds like. Dean calls it like it is, and DeLay IS a criminal.

Don't be a hypocrite Dave, DeLay is innocent until proven guilty, just like anyone else. He's not a "criminal" unless and until he's convicted.

Unless you called Clinton a criminal when all the accusations of impropriety were swirling around him, too.

Your hypocrisy astounds me sometimes. :)

Guitar Shark
05-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Incidentally, DeLay is a shithead. :)

Warham
05-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Don't be a hypocrite Dave, DeLay is innocent until proven guilty, just like anyone else. He's not a "criminal" unless and until he's convicted.

Unless you called Clinton a criminal when all the accusations of impropriety were swirling around him, too.

Your hypocrisy astounds me sometimes. :)

No, no...Bill just lied to a grand jury. No big deal...

But FORD actually says that Bill is a traitor now, since he's Bush's new surrogate son.

He can play this both ways.

Guitar Shark
05-19-2005, 01:59 PM
LOL. :D Seen the new movie yet War?

Warham
05-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Not yet, but boy am I antsy. :D

7:20 shew tonight!

Nickdfresh
05-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Not yet, but boy am I antsy. :D

7:20 shew tonight!

I was hoping to score a ticket to the midnight showing this morning at the multiplex, which had eight screens going at once. They laughed at me on the phone!:D

McCarrens
05-19-2005, 05:24 PM
I saw it last night. It's great.

Nickdfresh
05-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens

I've heard nothing but good things about it so far.

BigBadBrian
05-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens

Screw that. I'll wait until next week and see it in peace.

:gulp:

FORD
05-19-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm hoping to see it this weekend.....one way or another ;)

lucky wilbury
05-19-2005, 09:49 PM
i'll wait for the dvd. its cheaper and easier.