PDA

View Full Version : "Revenge of the Sith" : How was it for you?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr Badguy
05-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Twenty hours to go.

Anyone seen it yet?

I don`t care what these dicks in the magazines and on the telly think, I want to know what the REAL fans think of it?

Dave's Bitch
05-19-2005, 06:37 PM
iv seen it,IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bueno bob
05-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Such a waste of a grate looking girl, ain't it? You think YOU were upset, imagine how I felt... :(

MAX
05-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Does Princess Leia have those cinnamon bun rolls in her hair as a baby in this flick? :p

Dave's Bitch
05-19-2005, 08:08 PM
no

Dave's PA Rental
05-19-2005, 08:14 PM
It was not the best movie ever. It was, however, the best of the 'new' three...

Do you want spoilers?

Nickdfresh
05-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
It was not the best movie ever. It was, however, the best of the 'new' three...

Do you want spoilers?

It's been spoiled numerous times already. I think BOB saw it like three months ago on a bootleg DVD or something.

bueno bob
05-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Yes.

Dave's PA Rental
05-19-2005, 10:21 PM
It was very good.

At the end when Padme gives birth to Luke and Leia, Obi Wan is the first to hold the newborns. But in ESB as Luke is leaving Dagobah, Obi Wan says "That boy is our last hope..." Then Yoda says "No, there is another..." Did Obi Wan forget that he held Leia in his arms when she was 12 seconds old?

What's up with that? Did I miss how they explain away this oversight?

Dr. Love
05-19-2005, 10:31 PM
I didn't like it.

I think with one "Nooooooo!!!" they managed to destroy all that is cool about Darth Vader.

Dr. Love
05-19-2005, 10:31 PM
That, and Anakin turned to the Emporer WAY too easy

bueno bob
05-19-2005, 10:34 PM
It was very good.

At the end when Padme gives birth to Luke and Leia, Obi Wan is the first to hold the newborns. But in ESB as Luke is leaving Dagobah, Obi Wan says "That boy is our last hope..." Then Yoda says "No, there is another..." Did Obi Wan forget that he held Leia in his arms when she was 12 seconds old?

Obi Wan wasn't thinking of using Leia as a weapon to strike against the Emperor, I'd imagine...that slot was pretty much reserved in his mind for Luke, beings as he was the strongest of the two of them.

Just a guess.

rucalobe
05-19-2005, 10:45 PM
I just saw it.

It is an amazing film, maybe the best of the entire series (it gives 'A New Hope' a run for its money).

Regarding Anakin's turn to the Dark Side I just have to say that Yoda was right. This kid should've NEVER been allowed to train to become a Jedi Knight. He continued to be a total idiot, one who never learned anything about the Light Side of The Force. Anakin's martial prowess was solely attributed to his natural abilities and not because of Jedi training. This guy is indeed a complete dumbass. He is so gullible that he actually believes and follows Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious even after Palpatine reveals to him that he is indeed the one responsible for the Republic going to hell. Anakin believes all the crap that Palpatine tells him and is so naive and arrogant to actually believe that he is the Jedi with the most power and abilities. For goodness sakes, he didn't even make 'Master'!!!

I've read many reviews in which the writer states that people will have a different perspective on Anakin. Almost all reviewers say that audiences will feel pity for Anakin. I guess I'm different because what I feel for Anakin is total indignation and disgust for having turned on his friends and loved ones. Anakin deserves all the bad stuff that happened to him and then some!!!

Don't take my word for it: Go watch the movie (you will absolutely love it) to understand what I'm trying to say about the biggest idiot in the Star Wars universe.

Y'all have a good evening and may The Force be with you :-D

ODShowtime
05-20-2005, 09:54 AM
I just can't believe Anakin would go on killing sprees and think Padma would be ok with it. Dumbass.

I thought for sure it would take her death to really bring VADER to the foreground.

m4dm4x
05-20-2005, 10:02 AM
It just goes to show when you have a man down, just finish the job don't assume he is going to die on his own!!!!!

Obi, strike that poor boy down!!!

Dave's PA Rental
05-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Obi Wan wasn't thinking of using Leia as a weapon to strike against the Emperor, I'd imagine...that slot was pretty much reserved in his mind for Luke, beings as he was the strongest of the two of them.

Just a guess.

Yeah, but it's obviously in the back of Yoda's mind when Luke leaves Dagobah in ESB... Vader INSTANTLY considers her a potential apprentice ("If you cant be turned then perhaps SHE can...") once he finds out she exists in ROTJ...

Soul Reaper
05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
It was very good.

i don't think he forgot. i think it means that Leia will help defeat The Imperial Army, but Obi-Wan doesn't really think she would do anything.

Something like that anyway

nosuchluck
05-20-2005, 12:52 PM
sucked big time.
i watched episode IV immediately after that and couldn't believe the difference in quality.

Bullethead #1
05-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah, but it's obviously in the back of Yoda's mind when Luke leaves Dagobah in ESB... Vader INSTANTLY considers her a potential apprentice ("If you cant be turned then perhaps SHE can...") once he finds out she exists in ROTJ...

How the hell does Vader even know Padme had twins? Do they send him fathers day cards? Why does it take him 20 years to call?

Some other plot issues

Why does it take 20 years to build the first Death Star but only 4 to build the second?

If Anakin and Obi Wan were off fighting in the outer rim territories for three years, then returned to Coruscant to rescue Palpatine. How could Padme be pregnant with Anakin's children? Could there be some inter galactic Tauntaun Milk man?

Warham
05-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Vader knows Padme had twins because he could read the surface impressions and thoughts in Luke's mind. He was thinking about her during the throne room meeting. It's the only way Vader figured it out.

The Death Star thing is not an issue. The first prototype for anything takes much longer than subsequent copies. This is common for any technological gadget.

As for the time....there was only two years before Episode's II and III, so I don't know where you got the three years from.

Those guys were hoping around from one planet to the other in thirty minutes. I don't think him going back to Coruscant to roll around in a bed with Padme (who wouldn't come back for that??) before kicking more droid ass is a far stretch.

Bullethead #1
05-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Warham

As for the time....there was only two years before Episode's II and III, so I don't know where you got the three years from.

They said they were gone for three years. I wasn't talking about real time between movies. I suppose you're right though. He could have had weekends off.

Ps; your all nerds for posting in this thread . Stick around maybe a Dungeons and Dragons thread will break out..

Warham
05-20-2005, 05:03 PM
I wasn't talking about real time either. There is only two years between the two movies in the Star Wars universe. Check any SW fan site. Episode II takes place 22 years before A New Hope and Episode III takes place 20 years before A New Hope. That's two years.

You posted in this thread too, NERD!

Mr Badguy
05-20-2005, 06:20 PM
I just saw it.

It rocked!

However I also felt that way about "TPM" and "AOTC" when I had just seen them and now I don`t think they`re so hot.

Mega action and I think it`s the most special effects I have ever seen in a film.

I thought there would have been more Vader (in the suit).

Dave's PA Rental
05-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Bullethead #1

Ps; your all nerds for posting in this thread . Stick around maybe a Dungeons and Dragons thread will break out..

:D

Vinnie Velvet
05-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I just can't believe Anakin would go on killing sprees and think Padma would be ok with it. Dumbass.

I thought for sure it would take her death to really bring VADER to the foreground.

As far as Anakin is concerned, that doesn't matter.

What matters is that (what he thinks) is that the dark side power will enable to save Padme from her eventual fate.

He's totally corrupted by Palpatine that he goes along with it because he doesn't want the same thing to happen to Padme as his mother.

So, he chooses to turn.

As he builds in power, his 'good' in him begins to vanish.

And by the time he tells Padme that "love won't save you but my new powers will" is when he's just gone off the deep end and that its not so much about Padme anymore but his lust for power.

Vinnie Velvet
05-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by nosuchluck
sucked big time.
i watched episode IV immediately after that and couldn't believe the difference in quality.

Yeah, whatever.

Enjoy your 'kids' movie.

MAX
05-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Just finished watching it and on my own home theater. lol. ;) Badass shit!!! It was great. :D

rustoffa
05-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Just finished watching it and on my own home theater. lol. ;) Badass shit!!! It was great. :D

:eek:

MAX, that's copyrighted material bro!

MAX
05-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
:eek:

MAX, that's copyrighted material bro!

OOPS!!!

rustoffa
05-21-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by MAX
OOPS!!!

Dave's Bitch
05-21-2005, 08:04 AM
i read on a forum that alot of people think the scene in the jedi temple with the younglings has caused upraw,people think that lucas is a monster for that.what do you guys think?

i personaly dont see the problem.i meen you dont even see anakin kill them,he activates his light saber and thats all.people think it shoula showed some of the republic trooper guys leading them off to be killed as a pose to anakin killing them

opinions

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 11:18 AM
I wish George would have shown me killing those little punk ass bastards! Bitchy, bratty, shitty diaper kids! I hate them!!

George should have shown me dismembering and gutting those little brats like the pigs they were, cuz I'm all evil and dark side and stuff!

:mad:

FORD
05-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Goddammit, why is everybody getting this download faster than me? :(

Well, I'm gonna see the movie tonight - one way or the other.

And just in case any MPAA nazis are lurking, I have every intention of seeing the movie on the big screen and buying the real DVD when it is conveniently released right before Christmas. So in the meantime, you can kindly FUCK OFF AND DIE, Nazi scumbags! :D

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Here here, my man!

Warham
05-21-2005, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't watch that crap download before seeing it in the movie theatre. It'll spoil the real experience. Pay the $10 and get it over with, even if you do have to sit between two gunts.

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 04:13 PM
My bootleg a few months ago was hideously incomplete, so...I rationalized it. Going to see it in the theater won't ruin it for me at all.

NATEDOG001976
05-21-2005, 05:45 PM
I thought the movie was awesome, very dark! It was kind of depressing watching Anakin being tricked into the darkside thought. I really wanted to see Padme naked, maybe in the unrated version???

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
I thought the movie was awesome, very dark! It was kind of depressing watching Anakin being tricked into the darkside thought. I really wanted to see Padme naked, maybe in the unrated version???

Actually, George flubbed the story a bit...it wasn't because of any deception or trickery that I fell to the dark side, it was because I came home and found Yoda in bed with her....

"MMM! Father of twins you are not! Ohhhh!"

NATEDOG001976
05-21-2005, 06:10 PM
I Yoda is hung like a field mouse?

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 06:12 PM

It's the "Short Guys with Big Feet" thing...I guess they didn't call him 'Master' for nothing... :confused:

NATEDOG001976
05-21-2005, 06:12 PM

oops... I meant...I hear Yoda is hung like a field mouse!

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Oh, lol...short guy, big feet, ya know...

Vinnie Velvet
05-21-2005, 07:00 PM
LOL!

Hey, just a bit of more news here, it is estiamted that Sith ranked in another 35 million for Friday's take, which puts it at 85 million for just two days.

I expect that number to pick up today and the rest of the weekend.

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah...then there's the sad sacks like myself that are waiting until the crowd dies off a bit, that'll at least keep it current.

It'll top Phantom Menace easy, I think. Titanic? Probably not, but the overall haul is going to make this the number one Star Wars flick ever. I always see a Star Wars movie in the theater at least 3 times, have since 1980.

Vinnie Velvet
05-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah, unadjusted by inflation, it should beat the original Star Wars, which currently sits second behind Titanic with 461 million. Menace is at 431 million (domestic totals).

Its an awesome movie, Bob.

Grievous is such a cool villain that my only complaint was that we got to see him in only one of the prequels.

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 07:17 PM
I think Greivous was George's way of apologizing for taking Darth Maul out so soon, perhaps...

Vinnie Velvet
05-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Maybe, but as you know, Lucas had to create a new villain for each of the prequels to compensate for YOU not being there.

Hence, we got Maul, Jango Fett, Count Dooku and now General Grievous.

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 07:25 PM
True; but now that my presence has been unleashed on the universe, shit, there's no need for any others! :)

Run, Jedi bitches!! HAHAHA!!! :D

m4dm4x
05-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

Vinnie Velvet
05-21-2005, 08:04 PM
There was a scene that I thought was the BEST of the saga.

And no, there weren't no big effects in this scene or dialogue for that matter.

It is after when Anakin informs Mace that Palpatine is the Sith Lord the Jedi have been on the look out for all this time.

We then cut to Anakin in the Jedi Temple, looking out the window. There is silence but a very slow, brooding bass of sound accompanied by some erie choir voices. The same sound and song is played as we then cut to Padme in her apartment, sitting. Then we again cut to Anakin, still looking out the window, then back to Padme looking out the window of her apartment, then back to Anakin who now has some tears coming down his eyes.

It was so powerful and very intense. It literally made the hairs at the back of my head stand up!

I think it was so good because it was a scene that was not ever played out in a Star Wars movie before.

Awesome stuff.

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 08:06 PM
I didnt get that in my version! Worth the money right there, that would be an intense scene.

Vinnie Velvet
05-21-2005, 08:09 PM
I didnt get that in my version! Worth the money right there, that would be an intense scene.

So, you saw the movie already Bob??

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
So, you saw the movie already Bob??

Saw a bootlegged version on DVD about three months back or so, blew the whole thing (that I had on it, anyway) here someplace....

Vinnie Velvet
05-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Okay.

That would explain you not remembering the scene I described earlier.

twonabomber
05-21-2005, 08:45 PM
LOL!

Hey, just a bit of more news here, it is estiamted that Sith ranked in another 35 million for Friday's take, which puts it at 85 million for just two days.

I expect that number to pick up today and the rest of the weekend.

that's just insane. the power of the geeks, huh? :D

i'm seeing it again Monday. maybe twice, if i get to take a lil' nappy after the 3:20 pm showing ends.

bueno bob
05-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Apparently, Star Wars was WONDERFUL for some girls...

http://www.homemade-sex-toys.com/light/index.html

Dave's PA Rental
05-21-2005, 09:25 PM
There was a scene that I thought was the BEST of the saga.

And no, there weren't no big effects in this scene or dialogue for that matter.

It is after when Anakin informs Mace that Palpatine is the Sith Lord the Jedi have been on the look out for all this time.

We then cut to Anakin in the Jedi Temple, looking out the window. There is silence but a very slow, brooding bass of sound accompanied by some erie choir voices. The same sound and song is played as we then cut to Padme in her apartment, sitting. Then we again cut to Anakin, still looking out the window, then back to Padme looking out the window of her apartment, then back to Anakin who now has some tears coming down his eyes.

It was so powerful and very intense. It literally made the hairs at the back of my head stand up!

I think it was so good because it was a scene that was not ever played out in a Star Wars movie before.

Awesome stuff.

I second the motion that this was the best scene in the saga...

Nice call VV..

ok, second best. The best is from ANH when Luke goes racing home to find the Lars' crispy fried...he looks away...and then looks back with the steeled brow of a Jedi hero...

Dave's PA Rental
05-21-2005, 09:27 PM
I saw PM twice in the theatre...(the second time was on a first date with my now-wife...)

I will see this one at least another time in the theatre...and if I dont catch all the cameos that they are talking about on theforce.net, I will have to see it a third time...

Antman
05-22-2005, 08:29 PM
I thought it was great. Very dark and disturbing at times. I believe that Anakin never wanted to succumb to the dark side, but was tricked and after he helped killed Windu, he realized it was a huge mistake but couldn't turn back. The deed was done. Palpatine lied and tricked him. It will be interseting to see where the TV show picks up. Hopefully it will be between Episode 3 & 4.

WARF
05-22-2005, 08:36 PM
I've never seen any of the first 6 films.

I'm thinking about renting the first two... then going to the theater to watch number 3.... then renting the first three.... lol

twonabomber
05-22-2005, 08:49 PM
watch Episodes 4, 5, and 6 first. that's the way we saw 'em back in the day...then watch 1 and 2.

Warham
05-22-2005, 08:53 PM
I would watch them in order, I through VI, if you haven't seen them before at all.

WARF
05-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I think i'm gonna watch them in order.

Dr. Love
05-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I thought Greivous was a let down of a character. He was a lot better in the Clone Wars cartoons, and I detested those cartoons. He just lost hands too fast and too easy.

Obi-wan wtfpwned him.

Rikk
05-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Fucking loved it! I was one of those that detested the first two films for many reasons. I just thought EPISODES I and II were badly written and full of holes. I have to say, this was a great STAR WARS film. I would put it at my third favorite...

Favorite to Least-Favorite
EMPIRE
STAR WARS
REVENGE OF THE SITH
RETURN OF THE JEDI
PHANTOM MENACE
ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Great film, very moving, a few holes...but still excellent.

Rikk
05-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Antman
I thought it was great. Very dark and disturbing at times. I believe that Anakin never wanted to succumb to the dark side, but was tricked and after he helped killed Windu, he realized it was a huge mistake but couldn't turn back. The deed was done. Palpatine lied and tricked him. It will be interseting to see where the TV show picks up. Hopefully it will be between Episode 3 & 4.

Lucas already stated that the T.V. show will be between EPISODES 3 and 4.

rustoffa
05-22-2005, 11:26 PM
*phew*

Saw it earlier....that R2 unit is a super-sleuth.

Lucas had to step up to the plate after the massive sucksess of middle earth, and he went yard.

A+++++ Highly recommended!

Golden AWe
05-23-2005, 05:18 AM
If I think about the movie rationally, it was not that great. The dialogue has never been a strong point for Lucas, and the storyline...well, if he really needed three movies (Episodes I-III) to tell something that could have been told in one movie, I'm a bit diasppointed.

But I don't use my brains too much. Unlike Episodes I and II, I loved this one. I enjoyed it very much. I guess I would have wanted to see more Vader, and the step to the Dark side could have been a bit slower...and even more painful, but then again, we already have THE SHINING and The Emperor, played by WONDERFUL Ian McDiarmid (or how do you spell that?), HE was the big factor in this movie...his chaotic impressions and power is what made Anakin, the guy wrestling with his own emotions, such a weak puppet, ready to give up and turn to the Dark Side so easily...

after all, Yoda didn't think Anakin should be trained to be a Jedi in the first place...

Golden AWe
05-23-2005, 05:21 AM
R2-D2 rocked again! 10 points!

The scene of him trying to hide himself from the droids, when Obi-Wan was trying to ask him to use the elevator, was fuckin' funny...

A GOLDEN AWe-SPOILER:

Saturday night, after the movie. I had watched the movie with a girl from Helsinki. We went back to her place. A little later, we started making out and I got to bang her. Yesss, I admit it, at one point I closed my eyes and imagined her being Padre!!!

Dr. Love
05-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
R2-D2 rocked again! 10 points!

The scene of him trying to hide himself from the droids, when Obi-Wan was trying to ask him to use the elevator, was fuckin' funny...

A GOLDEN AWe-SPOILER:

Saturday night, after the movie. I had watched the movie with a girl from Helsinki. We went back to her place. A little later, we started making out and I got to bang her. Yesss, I admit it, at one point I closed my eyes and imagined her being Padre!!!

PADRE!?!?!?!?

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twonabomber
05-23-2005, 08:42 AM
maybe GA is Catholic... :D

Golden AWe
05-23-2005, 09:29 AM
fookin' hell...

maybe i should check out in case i've typed something A BIT wrong...

hahahahahahahahahha

"vBulletin vBulletin Message
The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 20 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message."

Carmine
05-23-2005, 09:32 AM
I took my son and his little friend last night.

Every bit as good as the hype!!

fe_lung
05-23-2005, 11:24 AM
It was very good.

Maybe Ben was assuming that she wasn't strong with the force like Luke was..... You have to remember that other than those few seconds, he was never around her, so maybe he wasn't able to sense her abilities...

fe_lung
05-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I thought Greivous was a let down of a character. He was a lot better in the Clone Wars cartoons, and I detested those cartoons. He just lost hands too fast and too easy.

Obi-wan wtfpwned him.

Yeah, he was a bit of a pussy. And what was up with the smokers cough? I only caught the last 20 mins or so of the cartoon but he wasn't hacking a wheezing in that. What's up?

Dave's Bitch
05-23-2005, 11:28 AM
I HATE GREIVOUS,he was sooooooo shit,only reason he touched obi-wan was coz the light sabers were gone,and yea wtf a robot with borncitus,what the hell is up with that?
i heard it was the result of a battle with obi-wan prior to the film or something like that

twonabomber
05-23-2005, 11:32 AM
yeah, they fought in the latest set of Clone Wars cartoons. but i don't remember what exactly happened, i'd have to watch it again.

fe_lung
05-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Lucas sure wasn't kidding when he said it was too intense for youngsters. I almot took my six year old to it. Holy fuck am I glad I saw it first.... That movie was brutal!

Overall I liked it, however. Glad to see Obi-Wan soundly kick Annies ass, rather than win just due to some clumsy error by the kid (as others had reported would happen). Thought the pacing was good - maybe a few too many big establishing shots, but oh well... Acting was fine. As usual, Ewan carries the film - he's the heart and soul of the first three - but much better performances overall from the rest of the cast.

Unlike most, I have no problems with the dialogue. It fits with the whole space-opera/saturday serial idea of the film. It's over-wrought and sometimes cheesy, but that's ok. As far as the love story - people say all kinds of stupid shit when they're in love, so is it corny? Sure but so what. It's kids in love!

Also, I think Anakin ought to open up a discounted limbs and things store. Christ there was a lot of body parts getting lopped off!

fe_lung
05-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Again, I only caught the last little bit of the cartoon, but didn't Anakin have a big tribal tattoo thing going on on his chest and arm? Where did that disappear to all of a sudden? Can you use to force to remove tattoos? How about boob jobs? Can he give Padme bigger knockers, or would that lead to the dark side?

twonabomber
05-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by fe_lung
Again, I only caught the last little bit of the cartoon, but didn't Anakin have a big tribal tattoo thing going on on his chest and arm? Where did that disappear to all of a sudden? Can you use to force to remove tattoos?

i figured that was just war paint.

fe_lung
05-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Spoiler dealy and all

Do you guys think that Palpatine knew that Annie was going to kill his wife all along? I wouldn't put it past him to promise the kid the power to save someone all the time knowing the Annie will be the one to cause her death anyway.

Dave's Bitch
05-23-2005, 12:53 PM
i was so sad when padme died,im not a lesbian or anything but she was really pretty

Vinnie Velvet
05-23-2005, 06:03 PM
For the record, Anakin(Vader) did not kill Padme.

He was lied to that he did it.

The medical droids said that "medically, she's completely healthy, for reasons we can't explain, we are losing her."

Dave's Bitch
05-23-2005, 06:17 PM
she lost the will to live,i was crying at that part

Dave's Bitch
05-23-2005, 06:33 PM
did you see mace windu strike down upon palpatine with great vengence and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy the jedi(for anyone who doesnt know that was a nod to pulp fiction there

izikile 25 17
"the path of the ritious man is beset on all sides by the enequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men,blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepards the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truley his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children.and i will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother,and you will no i am the lord,when i lay my vengence upon thee"

i love that quote

Dr. Love
05-23-2005, 07:32 PM
yeah, Mace was going dark side on us there.

As for Vader and Padre's (;)) death... I think Sidious would have had her killed had she survived. There was no way he'd leave her alive.

tjvhou812
05-23-2005, 07:35 PM
wait til the sith hits the fan

Thorman
05-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Was that DLR dressed as Chewy?? His bark or whatever Chewy does when he talks sure sounded like DLR when he sings...they could be the same person only Chewy had way too much hair....

BAM

Nickdfresh
05-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
Was that DLR dressed as Chewy?? His bark or whatever Chewy does when he talks sure sounded like DLR when he sings...they could be the same person only Chewy had way too much hair....

BAM

Thorman? I think you meant to see "Gay Wars: Attack of the Bones!"
http://www.rugbyfootball.com/gallery1/richard_simmons_2.jpg
http://cover6.cduniverse.com/MuzeVideoArt/53/204653.jpg
http://www.cswu.cz/swfashion/images/jabba-real_v.jpg
Sammy Hagar at the Cabo Cantina...

Nickdfresh
05-23-2005, 08:26 PM
I just saw the thing...and I must say that I am simply awed. I was tempted to watch it a second consecutive time actually. The movie not only lived up to expectations for me, but exceeded them.

I was told to expect sappy acting and cliche' ridden, corny dialogue. I really did not notice too much of this, or perhaps it was more forgivable because the story is good unto itself and is impervious to such defects.

In fact, one of the best scenes of the film for me was when Anakan sat next to Palpatine in the bubble opera or whatever that shit was supposed to be.

It was a very powerful scene of understatement for me and I was really sold on this film. I will see it again, at the drive-thru or on an IMAX screen.

The force is strong in this one!

Dave's Bitch
05-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
yeah, Mace was going dark side on us there.

As for Vader and Padre's (;)) death... I think Sidious would have had her killed had she survived. There was no way he'd leave her alive.

Padre????

vanzilla
05-23-2005, 08:40 PM
I also saw it this afternoon...Other than the corny dialogue between Anakin and Padme (I'd love to bang Natalie Portman BTW) I thought it was very good. Definitely the best of the 3 prequels. I'd say it's better than Jedi too.

Visually it was stunning, almost to the point where it reached sensory overload.

The best part was near the end when the transformation to Darth Vader was complete.

I still don't understand why Chewbacca didn't tip Luke off.

I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. I'll see it again. And again. And again.

Nickdfresh
05-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla
I also saw it this afternoon...Other than the corny dialogue between Anakin and Padme (I'd love to bang Natalie Portman BTW) I thought it was very good. Definitely the best of the 3 prequels. I'd say it's better than Jedi too.

Visually it was stunning, almost to the point where it reached sensory overload.

The best part was near the end when the transformation to Darth Vader was complete.

I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. I'll see it again. And again. And again.

I thought the coolest thing was when everything went retro STAR WARS at the end, VADER even had the old get up, and the interior of the ships went right back to EMPIRE. That threw me off even though I think I read that in a review.

Matt White
05-24-2005, 12:05 AM
I saw it this morning.

I thought that Episode III lends a certain poignancy to IV, V, & VI. Very nice job of tying everything up. Best of the "New" 3 by far. I like it better than VI the "Muppet Movie".

It was better than I expected. Finally, after seeing Episode IV in 1977 at the age of 9.....IT'S FUCKING DONE!!!!:D

Kudos to LUCAS.

vanzilla
05-24-2005, 12:08 AM
3 PEN Admins see this thing on the same day? How GAY is that?

Isn't Lucas making STAR WARS into a TV series. Sorta like The Young Indiana Jones?

twonabomber
05-24-2005, 12:09 AM

Isn't Lucas making STAR WARS into a TV series. Sorta like The Young Indiana Jones?

they haven't said who it's about yet.

Matt White
05-24-2005, 12:18 AM

MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU...ALWAYS

"You can't destroy basketball...we have no weapons!"

"Take it easy Kid...It's only a movie."

"You'll laugh, You'll cry...You'll kiss $3.00 goodbye!"

Anybody seen this classic parody from '78 besides Bob and I?!?

BRILLIANT!!!

Vinnie Velvet
05-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I thought the coolest thing was when everything went retro STAR WARS at the end, VADER even had the old get up, and the interior of the ships went right back to EMPIRE. That threw me off even though I think I read that in a review.

Yeah, that was very cool. To even see the Empire's officers wearing the same uniforms on the Star Destroyer in that 'pit' and having Vader stroll along the top platform -- hell yeah!

As much as I liked that moment, there were so many others throughout the movie.

I loved the whole scene when Mace and his Jedi 'posse' come into Palpatine's office to arrest him. Ian McDermid was awesome. Amazing to hear how his voice would change from the good Chancellor to the evil Emperor, Darth Sidious.

Its one of those 'oh shit' moments and you know everything is just gonna go to hell from here.

Thorman
05-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Thorman

BAM

Bam

bueno bob
05-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU...ALWAYS

"You can't destroy basketball...we have no weapons!"

"Take it easy Kid...It's only a movie."

"You'll laugh, You'll cry...You'll kiss $3.00 goodbye!"

Anybody seen this classic parody from '78 besides Bob and I?!?

BRILLIANT!!!

How grate was Hardware Wars??? BEYOND GRATE!!! Reaching into the realms of Larg was the grateness that is Hardware Wars!

Augie Ben Doggie, venerable Red Eye Knight... :D

bueno bob
05-24-2005, 11:27 AM

There's a lot of talk that the whole TV series thing is just to cover up George's next project, Episode VII....

bueno bob
05-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Well, I finally managed to get the old lady to break down, so we're OFFICIALLY going to see it on Wednesday night, my review will post the following day, once I've had time to take in the complete experience.

Vinnie Velvet
05-24-2005, 12:10 PM
There's a lot of talk that the whole TV series thing is just to cover up George's next project, Episode VII....

I actually believe this is it, as far as the movies are concerned.

Its Bob's story, (:D ), so there isn't anything else left to write a story on.

There was talk of only having Mark Hammil come in and play an older Jedi Master/mentor (ala Obi-Wan in the OT) to a new line of Jedi Knights or a new Jedi Order.

My guess is that Luke's new Jedi Order would allow Jedi's to get married, have kids,etc.;)

Mr Badguy
05-24-2005, 01:38 PM

You know, that was the only part of the film I didn`t like.

There was no need to have Chewbacca in it.

It stretches things too far.

I can imagine the story revolving around Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda and Palpatine with occasional references to other important characters.

But having Boba Fett as a young boy, Chewbacca as a wookie general, Luke being hidden on Tattooine where Anakin was born and his step family still live, R2D2 playing a huge role in the first three films although in 4 Obi-Wan can`t remember who he is etc.

It`s shit like that, although a nod to "old school" fans, annoys the fuck out of us.

I kept waiting for a ten year old boy introducing himself as Han Solo.

It`s too much of a coincidence to have the whole universe revolve around thirty characters.

bueno bob
05-24-2005, 01:50 PM
I actually believe this is it, as far as the movies are concerned.

Its Bob's story, (:D ), so there isn't anything else left to write a story on.

There was talk of only having Mark Hammil come in and play an older Jedi Master/mentor (ala Obi-Wan in the OT) to a new line of Jedi Knights or a new Jedi Order.

My guess is that Luke's new Jedi Order would allow Jedi's to get married, have kids,etc.;)

That would be worth the seeing, for sure...well, fuck, who am I kidding? I'll watch anything with Star Wars attached to it somewhere...

:)

Vinnie Velvet
05-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
You know, that was the only part of the film I didn`t like.

There was no need to have Chewbacca in it.

It stretches things too far.

I can imagine the story revolving around Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda and Palpatine with occasional references to other important characters.

But having Boba Fett as a young boy, Chewbacca as a wookie general, Luke being hidden on Tattooine where Anakin was born and his step family still live, R2D2 playing a huge role in the first three films although in 4 Obi-Wan can`t remember who he is etc.

It`s shit like that, although a nod to "old school" fans, annoys the fuck out of us.

I kept waiting for a ten year old boy introducing himself as Han Solo.

It`s too much of a coincidence to have the whole universe revolve around thirty characters.

We always knew Chewbacca came from his own home planet of Wookies.

So, having him in the movie may be to make Chewie fans happy, but it certainly doesn't stretch it too much.

His planet (Kashykk) is being invaded by the Speratists as part of the Clone War. Yoda and a Clone Army go over to assist the Wookies.

One of them is Chewbacca.

Now, Obi-Wan didn't go and neither did Anakin. And in the OT, Yoda is hiding and doesn't meet Chewie, only Luke.

Luke doesn't discuss with anyone that "hey, I went to see this old Jedi Master named Yoda."

Its kept under wraps to conceal the fact that Yoda survived the whole Jedi purge, so that Vader and Palpatine do not find out where he is.

Then again, its just a space fantasy, so enjoy what's there.

bueno bob
05-24-2005, 02:20 PM
It's not too much of a stretch to think the Star Wars universe revolves around a cast of 30 characters, anyway...I mean, every story has to revolve around somebody. Were we to go back in time 50-100 odd years before the events of Ep 1, we'd be seeing the stories of Yoda and the then current members of the Jedi Council...it's just that, for the span of the time in which George told his story, the universe DOES revolve around the Skywalker family and their decisions (both Anakin's and Luke's) rock the universe both ways.

In many ways, this is not unlike Frank Herbert's "Dune" series. Although Frank's original storylines (the first six novels) stretch out over the span of almost 5500 years, the entire universe revolves around the Atreides dynasty (Leto, his son Muad'Dib, and his son Leto II), and then it follows off along Leto II's neices and nephews (Ghanima's kids) after Leto II dissolves. Even 1000 years after Leto II sees his individual end, the universe is still being driven by the Atreides (Darwi Odrade running the Bene Gesserit).

I don't know where I'm going at, but...you catch my drift...

Mezro
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Saw it last night at the Kabuki in Japantown.

Amazing! Fat George finally pulled his turkey neck out of the mire and punched a long ball! I loved this movie! My geek light was flashing like a crack whore on parade.

So what would I rate it? A-

How does it rank?

Empire
Revenge of the Sith
New Hope
Jedi
Clones
Menace

Spoiler:

One thing I was shocked at was how Obi-Wan just left Anakin to die.

if Anakin really was like a brother to him, Obi would have picked him up, loaded him into the ship and taken him back for medical attention. He could have been reabilitated, rebuilt and hopefully turned back to the good path. After all, it was Palps who tricked and turned him; really not Anakin's fault.

Mezro...you don't just walk away from "the chosen one" if there was any chance to save him...

MAX
05-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

if Anakin really was like a brother to him, Obi would have picked him up, loaded him into the ship and taken him back for medical attention. He could have been reabilitated, rebuilt and hopefully turned back to the good path. After all, it was Palps who tricked and turned him; really not Anakin's fault.

Mezro...you don't just walk away from "the chosen one" if there was any chance to save him...

With all due respect and from what I gathered. Obi-Wan was ordered to go and kill him wasn't he? Also, he was no longer "Anakin" at that point, he was Darth Vader right? When Obi-wan was walking away Vader screamed "I hate you!!!" with those evil demon eyes. I dunno? That's why I always shoot you guys pm's asking questions. lol.

Oh, I almost forgot.....

Mez, did you spot the falcon cos I didn't? ;)

Vinnie Velvet
05-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by MAX
With all due respect and from what I gathered. Obi-Wan was ordered to go and kill him wasn't he? Also, he was no longer "Anakin" at that point, he was Darth Vader right? When Obi-wan was walking away Vader screamed "I hate you!!!" with those evil demon eyes. I dunno? That's why I always shoot you guys pm's asking questions. lol.

Oh, I almost forgot.....

Yup, Anakin pretty much is no more by the end of the duel and Obi-Wan knows it. When Anakin says things like, "Don't underestimate my power" and "Don't make me kill you", its Vader talking.

In fact, Obi-Wan pretty much (and even Yoda) in Episodes IV-VI don't think Anakin can be redeemed and actually want Luke to kill him and the Emperor.

But its Luke who believes (like Padme) that "there is still good in him".

Mezro
05-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by MAX

Oh, I almost forgot.....

Those same eyes looked pretty fucking frightened when the Vader helmet was being lowered onto his bacon head.

I think he was still Anakin; the way he screamed "I hate you" at Obi was like a bratty teen who just got grounded by Dad. Deep down I think Anakin wanted Obi to save him...when he just stood there and did nothing then Anakin yelled at him.

Either way that was a powerful scene. Exactly how I imagined it as a kid.

Mezro...there were lots of ships in that fucking film MAX...I will have to find out exactly where the Falcon was...

bueno bob
05-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Mezro...there were lots of ships in that fucking film MAX...I will have to find out exactly where the Falcon was...

The Falcon is supposedly in it?

Hmm...stands to reason that, uh, a teenage Lando would be the pilot of it, right? Well, maybe...either that or the guy who had it prior to Lando...

twonabomber
05-24-2005, 05:11 PM
the Falcon appears just after they land on Coruscant following the Palpatine rescue.

also look for George Lucas and Jeremy Bulloch.

bueno bob
05-24-2005, 05:12 PM
I'll keep an eye out tomorrow night.

It's old, but...you all caught the flock of E.T.s in Phantom Menace, right?

Mezro
05-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
the Falcon appears just after they land on Coruscant following the Palpatine rescue.

also look for George Lucas and Jeremy Bulloch.

Thanks 2oab.

Saw Fat George but where was Bulloch?

Mezro...I hope you don't mean JM J. Bulloch...

MAX
05-24-2005, 05:32 PM

Chill pill buddy. I was just giving you shit. There's no fucking way I'd know where to look for it. :)

Mezro
05-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Chill pill buddy. I was just giving you shit. There's no fucking way I'd know where to look for it. :)

I wasn't even amped about it MAX...just joking around.

Mezro...should have thrown a :D in there to set the tone...

MAX
05-24-2005, 05:38 PM
I wasn't even amped about it MAX...just joking around.

Mezro...should have thrown a :D in there to set the tone...

Tis' cool Mez. I was just being silly. lol.

Mezro
05-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Tis' cool Mez. I was just being silly. lol.

Don't make me meet you on Mustafar;)

Mezro...cue up some John Williams...

MAX
05-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Mez,

What's "Mustafar?" :confused:

Warham
05-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Mustafar is the planet Anakin was turned into original or crispy...your choice.

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Mustafar is the planet Anakin was turned into original or crispy...your choice.

That whole ending scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan was really great.

Very powerful and so tragic.

Even when Anakin begins to burn in flames, Obi-Wan can't even watch what has happened to his friend and brother.

Great stuff.

Golden AWe
05-25-2005, 09:32 AM
I've just finished watching the Episode II again. Come to think of it, the second half of the movie was not that bad eitherl. The beginning has a lot of crap, and the useless romance is there only because it plays a big part in the overall plot, but after Anakin slaughters the killers of his mother, things start to happen, and the fighting arena and the big fights in the end are actually pretty good-looking.

Dooku is great in that movie. The young Boba Fett is also pretty kewl, and the equipment of his fathers uniform...if I was a kid now, I had been very very thrilled and excited.

fe_lung
05-25-2005, 09:41 AM
I liked how Ewan just casually leaned over and picked up Annies lightsabre at the end. Synched right up with E4 where he gives it to Luke. It was so subtle that I didn't even notice it the first time I saw it.

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I've just finished watching the Episode II again. Come to think of it, the second half of the movie was not that bad eitherl. The beginning has a lot of crap, and the useless romance is there only because it plays a big part in the overall plot, but after Anakin slaughters the killers of his mother, things start to happen, and the fighting arena and the big fights in the end are actually pretty good-looking.

Dooku is great in that movie. The young Boba Fett is also pretty kewl, and the equipment of his fathers uniform...if I was a kid now, I had been very very thrilled and excited.

I love Clones! Not sure why it gets a lot of flak. And yes, the love story was necessary to what we see in Sith.

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 10:54 AM
I liked how Ewan just casually leaned over and picked up Annies lightsabre at the end. Synched right up with E4 where he gives it to Luke. It was so subtle that I didn't even notice it the first time I saw it.

How ironic that Luke doesn't even know that when he receives the lightsabre from Obi-Wan, that its the same sabre that massacered a whole bunch of Jedi, not to mention the Younglings.

Redballjets88
05-25-2005, 10:56 AM
i think they could have another movie in between this and a new hope anyone agree? i just think that progrerssing like 20 years in time is dumb ....and doesnt obi age horrible they go up like 20 years and he goes from good shape and looking good to old fart i mean yoda is old as hell but could still own people in a new hope obi just sucks

bastardog
05-25-2005, 11:30 AM
I just have one question.
Obi learn the way to be inmortal (to be one with the force) in the time that was rising Luke in that planet that looks like Irak.....rigth
He learn it from Yoda that had learned it from Quin Gon (or what ever the name is).
How the Hell Anakim (Vader) does to learn it.........because at the en of Return of the Jedi Luke see the spirits of Yoda, Obiwan and Anakim.
So Anakim know the trick.

Thats something that's bothering me

And also if Anakim Lightsaber is something like blue......why Luke's one is green.....if it is suppose to be the same one...or not?

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
i think they could have another movie in between this and a new hope anyone agree? i just think that progrerssing like 20 years in time is dumb ....and doesnt obi age horrible they go up like 20 years and he goes from good shape and looking good to old fart i mean yoda is old as hell but could still own people in a new hope obi just sucks

Desert living will do that to you, especially if you're not entirely familiar with how to do it correctly...it makes you old very quickly, dries you up and wears you out...and can make you look it, too. Even though one with the force, I'm sure that was probably very much the case with Obi Wan.

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
I just have one question.
Obi learn the way to be inmortal (to be one with the force) in the time that was rising Luke in that planet that looks like Irak.....rigth
He learn it from Yoda that had learned it from Quin Gon (or what ever the name is).
How the Hell Anakim (Vader) does to learn it.........because at the en of Return of the Jedi Luke see the spirits of Yoda, Obiwan and Anakim.
So Anakim know the trick.

Thats something that's bothering me

And also if Anakim Lightsaber is something like blue......why Luke's one is green.....if it is suppose to be the same one...or not?

Blue lightsabers are the trademark of the Jedi Guardians - their specific training and skills are mostly associated with combat. Green is the color of the Jedi consular, and their skills are mostly directed towards resolving issues non-violently and through negotiation between all parties towards a peaceful arrangement. Of course, every Jedi has a lightsaber, so all are combat trained to varying degrees.

In answer to your other question, Vader didn't need to learn "The Grate Jedi Vanishing Act", it was completely natural to him when he passed on...much like breathing...from the Force he came, and to the Force he returned. That simple.

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Going to see it tonight!!!

Rikk
05-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Going to see it tonight!!!

You will fucking love it, my friend. I did. Best STAR WARS movie since EMPIRE...easily.

I am going to see it again soon.:)

Matt White
05-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Very good movie!

You'll flip your whig!:D

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Very good movie!

You'll flip your whig!:D

I've seen every Star Wars flick in the theaters since Empire in 80 (was a bit young for the original in 77, but I caught in rerunning in theaters later on - original version that is, not the special edition)...I must say, there's NOTHING in the world quite like Star Wars on the big screen.

Matt White
05-25-2005, 12:18 PM
I agree 1000%!!!

The theater experience CAN'T be duplicated at home!!!

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 12:21 PM
I agree 1000%!!!

The theater experience CAN'T be duplicated at home!!!

I certainly tried, though...had the whole big screen, surround sound, bass amp, blah blah blah, but it's never the same...nice, but...not as cool as actually being there.

I just hope the crowds have kinda died off a bit before we head out tonight.

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 01:01 PM
I certainly tried, though...had the whole big screen, surround sound, bass amp, blah blah blah, but it's never the same...nice, but...not as cool as actually being there.

I just hope the crowds have kinda died off a bit before we head out tonight.

The crowds would have died off somewhat, but not completely.

It made 14 million on Monday.

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 01:02 PM
As long as there's a little more breathing room, I can deal with it.

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
You will fucking love it, my friend. I did. Best STAR WARS movie since EMPIRE...easily.

I am going to see it again soon.:)

Yup.

Its certainly one of my favorites for sure.

Mezro
05-25-2005, 02:31 PM
That whole ending scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan was really great.

Very powerful and so tragic.

Even when Anakin begins to burn in flames, Obi-Wan can't even watch what has happened to his friend and brother.

Great stuff.

And I still say Obi-Wan should have pulled him out before he started burning.

Mezro...easily the most powerful moment since "Luke, I am your father!"...

twonabomber
05-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks 2oab.

Saw Fat George but where was Bulloch?

Mezro...I hope you don't mean JM J. Bulloch...

Bulloch is one of the pilots of Bail Organa's ship. he has a couple lines but i don't remember exactly what he says.

Mezro
05-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
Bulloch is one of the pilots of Bail Organa's ship. he has a couple lines but i don't remember exactly what he says.

Mezro...he says "does my finger smell like sarlacc?"...

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Mezro...he says "does my finger smell like sarlacc?"...

Good one, Mez.:D

Yeah, Bulloch just says something to Bail.

Nice of Lucas to give the original Boba Fett a cameo in Revenge of the Sith.

bastardog
05-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Blue lightsabers are the trademark of the Jedi Guardians - their specific training and skills are mostly associated with combat. Green is the color of the Jedi consular, and their skills are mostly directed towards resolving issues non-violently and through negotiation between all parties towards a peaceful arrangement. Of course, every Jedi has a lightsaber, so all are combat trained to varying degrees.

In answer to your other question, Vader didn't need to learn "The Grate Jedi Vanishing Act", it was completely natural to him when he passed on...much like breathing...from the Force he came, and to the Force he returned. That simple.

Holly shit!....this is like reading the Bible...
Whos better on translating than Vader himself...

If green is for non-violent resolutions...how Luke was suppose to know it? he was alone.....and also if he knows that why he used it violently to figth with his own father.

Also if "The Great Jedi Act" was completely natural to a Jedi (that theory differs from what shown on chapter II and now III) why the other Jedis doesn't made it to advice the other Jedis about "Code 66"?
and why the Emperor doesn't do it and appears to another stupid boy like Anakin and teach him to be a Sith too?

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
Holly shit!....this is like reading the Bible...
Whos better on translating than Vader himself...

If green is for non-violent resolutions...how Luke was suppose to know it? he was alone.....and also if he knows that why he used it violently to figth with his own father.

Also if "The Great Jedi Act" was completely natural to a Jedi (that theory differs from what shown on chapter II and now III) why the other Jedis doesn't made it to advice the other Jedis about "Code 66"?
and why the Emperor doesn't do it and appears to another stupid boy like Anakin and teach him to be a Sith too?

Blow by blow:

Luke didn't know that the green lightsaber signified any particular class among the Jedi, blue, green, red, yellow, purple, etc. I don't know exactly WHERE he would have gotten the crystal at (I think it's been explored in expanded universe novels), but my first guess would have been Dantooine, there was a cave there close to an old Jedi establishment where they grew...and ANY Jedi, regardless of class or distinction, all had the same fallback for self-defense - the lightsaber. Also, any Jedi was in danger of falling to the dark side, and Luke came EXTREMELY close by defeating Vader...his anger gave him the strength to overcome him.

Secondly - I never said it was natural for ANY Jedi...just a few who were actually talented enough to do it. Obi Wan was and had to learn the method (I assume); Yoda was, and had to learn the method himself...in Vader's case, his midichlorian count was so extremely high the vanishing act just came as second nature to him. Had he NOT reverted back to the Jedi at the very end (say, threw Luke down the shaft instead, which is personally what I think he should have done!) and destroyed the Emperor in the process, I seriously doubt he would have vanished. This was just the Force's way of taking him back home and rewarding him for ending his life on a high note.

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Of note also was that, during his confrontation with Vader and the Emperor, Luke was, for the most part, striving to avoid violence and convert Vader back to the Jedi.

eddy van halen
05-25-2005, 04:38 PM
we all know most of the people who watch star wars
dont have a girlfriend

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by eddy van halen
dont have a girlfriend

I been married for five years, bitch. What's your excuse?

Mr Grimsdale
05-25-2005, 04:39 PM
i thought it was a load of contrived nonsense

it was as though you could hear george lucas going now how are we going to tie this to what happens in the original film

well done to whoever on the first page said about obi wan holding both the newborn babies and yet in empire being unaware of the existence of leia

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
i thought it was a load of contrived nonsense

it was as though you could hear george lucas going now how are we going to tie this to what happens in the original film

well done to whoever on the first page said about obi wan holding both the newborn babies and yet in empire being unaware of the existence of leia

Who cares.

The movie still kicked ass.:)

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by eddy van halen
dont have a girlfriend

Been five years now with my woman, four years married.

So, yeah, (as Bob said), what's your excuse, bitch?

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Leia was not in the plan at all. Obi Wan never even considered the possibility that she would be a fallback weapon to use against the Emperor, should Luke fail...and let's be honest, that's all Luke really was - Yoda and Obi Wan's weapon against Vader and the Emperor.

It's not that he forgot about her or didn't know about her existance, it's just that she'd been out of the running for Luke's role until Yoda said otherwise.

Ben: "That boy is our last hope..."
Yoda: "No - there is another."

Scene ends. But afterwards:

Ben: "His sister? Should we attempt that, should he fail?"
Yoda: "No other choice will we have."

Explained :)

Figs
05-25-2005, 04:53 PM
SPOILER WARNING

I just saw it today. I don't have any problems with it, but if you are a fan of Star Wars there won't be a single important event that will surprise you. Maybe the only "surprise" was that Kenobi could have finished him off and didn't make sure. It was just kinda weird seeing a movie where you knew 90% of the plot already. No real need to see this right away, there isn't really anything someone could tell you that would ruin the movie for you.

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Good explanation, Vader!

Why is it so hard for others to understand Star Wars??:D

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Figs
SPOILER WARNING

I just saw it today. I don't have any problems with it, but if you are a fan of Star Wars there won't be a single important event that will surprise you. Maybe the only "surprise" was that Kenobi could have finished him off and didn't make sure. It was just kinda weird seeing a movie where you knew 90% of the plot already. No real need to see this right away, there isn't really anything someone could tell you that would ruin the movie for you.

Yeah, we knew WHAT was going to happen, for the most part, but we didn't know HOW or WHY.

Figs
05-25-2005, 04:56 PM

From what I remember reading, the TV show planned may take place in this 20 year time period.

Mr Grimsdale
05-25-2005, 04:56 PM
If I think about the movie rationally, it was not that great. The dialogue has never been a strong point for Lucas, and the storyline...well, if he really needed three movies (Episodes I-III) to tell something that could have been told in one movie, I'm a bit diasppointed.

Dialogue. Exactly.

Story. Exactly.

Mr Grimsdale
05-25-2005, 04:58 PM
As a bit of fun it's fine, but it's a long way from a great film.

Am I the only one that looked at some of the special effects and thought they were just too busy. In the film technology has advanced to the point that they can travel at the speed of light but the spaceships still have to get really close to shoot at one another.

There were several examples where the computer characters looked unconvincing, in the fight with Count Dooku when Obi Wan gets thrown across the room you can so easily see the difference between the live actor and the CG substitute.

In fact I'd throw that criticism at all movies with lots of CG. The technology just isn't good enough to make it look real.

bueno bob
Well...it is what it is, I suppose. There's always going to be a contingent of people who don't like it for whatever reason, and that's OK. A lot of times I have to shut my brain off and just enjoy watching shit blow up, too :)

Vinnie Velvet
Originally posted by Figs
From what I remember reading, the TV show planned may take place in this 20 year time period.

Yeah it is.

However, it won't have any of the major characters in it (Vader, Emperor, etc.)

Not sure what its gonna be about.

The adeventures of Boba Fett?? How about a show where Jar Jar moves in with two hotties and they call it "The New Three's Company".

Mr Grimsdale
05-25-2005, 04:59 PM

It's not that he forgot about her or didn't know about her existance, it's just that she'd been out of the running for Luke's role until Yoda said otherwise.

Ben: "That boy is our last hope..."
Yoda: "No - there is another."

Scene ends. But afterwards:

Ben: "His sister? Should we attempt that, should he fail?"
Yoda: "No other choice will we have."

that's just bad directing

that's kind of key to the story so those extra two lines you've suggested should have been in there

Figs
05-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah, we knew WHAT was going to happen, for the most part, but we didn't know HOW or WHY.

No not specifically, but some of the great stuff from the original series was the "Luke, I'm your father" & "Leia, I'm your brother" revelations.

Anyway, I still liked the movie a lot. They did a terrific job.

bueno bob
As a bit of fun it's fine, but it's a long way from a great film.

I've always looked at all of the Star Wars movies that way...they're great fun, if not necessarily great examples of what a movie could be...I won't argue that. Often times, the dialogue is terrible, and I can always count at least 2-3 scenes in each Star Wars movie I could have done without having to sit through, but overall...it's just play time for me...

Vinnie Velvet
Well...it is what it is, I suppose. There's always going to be a contingent of people who don't like it for whatever reason, and that's OK. A lot of times I have to shut my brain off and just enjoy watching shit blow up, too :)

I thought the dialogue and especially the story were fine.

How can anyone rag on the story since 70% of it was already established 30 years ago??!

Mr Grimsdale
05-25-2005, 05:01 PM
A lot of times I have to shut my brain off and just enjoy watching shit blow up, too :)

Yeah, it's good at that!

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 05:01 PM
that's just bad directing

that's kind of key to the story so those extra two lines you've suggested should have been in there

GEORGE!! CALL ME!! I'LL DIRECT THE TV SHOW!!

My references are Mr. Grimsdale. You should hire me based on that ALONE.

Mr Grimsdale
05-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Maybe Ben was assuming that she wasn't strong with the force like Luke was..... You have to remember that other than those few seconds, he was never around her, so maybe he wasn't able to sense her abilities...

Er... Yoda wasn't around eithe of them at birth and yet he knew.

Christ, I'm beginning to sound like someone who takes all this seriously. Where did I put the sleeping tablets?

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 05:03 PM
I've always looked at all of the Star Wars movies that way...they're great fun, if not necessarily great examples of what a movie could be...I won't argue that. Often times, the dialogue is terrible, and I can always count at least 2-3 scenes in each Star Wars movie I could have done without having to sit through, but overall...it's just play time for me...

Han Solo sucks in Jedi. You can tell Ford didn't want to do another Star Wars movie.

I still crack up at Luke's whiney "Nooooooooo" and "That's impossible!!" after Vader's revelation to him.

In fact, myself and others I know have always laughed at that scene, going back to the 80s.

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 05:06 PM

Christ, I'm beginning to sound like someone who takes all this seriously. Where did I put the sleeping tablets?

lmao, that's gotta be worth a five star somewhere...

Figs
05-25-2005, 05:46 PM
At least there was a Commander Cody in the movie!

Two triple cheese side order of fries-
Two triple cheese side order of fries-

Dave's Bitch
05-25-2005, 06:40 PM
im going to see it one more time tomorrow.i love that film

FasterPussycat
05-25-2005, 08:02 PM
it seems cold in here!

Warham
05-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Why, are your nipples hard or something?

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by FasterPussycat
it seems cold in here!

Probably the frigid GUNT you have, WetterPussyflaps! :D

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Why, are your nipples hard or something?

Nice GIF, War! :D

Where do you get such wonderful things? :)

Warham
05-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Oh...I dunno. I rip them off of various SW forums.

Oh shit, is that a spoiler for you. LOL

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Sweet...I may end up doing likewise one of these days... :)

Maybe even now, might be that I can find a good moving Vader avatar somewhere's...

Warham
05-25-2005, 08:56 PM
I have a short clip of the final battle with Luke. It's a few seconds.

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Maybe. If I don't find anything better by tomorrow, I'll hit ya up for that.

Antman
05-25-2005, 09:15 PM
[

Mezro...you don't just walk away from "the chosen one" if there was any chance to save him... [/B][/QUOTE]

Obi Wan had no choice. Annakin had to be stopped, after all he was now part of the Sith rule of two. When Padme said to Obi Wan "You're going to kill him, aren't you" Obi Wan did not respond. Although I do believe Annakin did not want to turn. Palpatine tricked him, promising he could save Padme. Vader's first words after he was fitted with the armor were "Where's Padme?" To which Palpatine lied "You killed her" Annakin now truly had nothing else to live for other than to make all who got in his way pay for his suffering.

I also thought the score was perfect as well, especially when the Jedi were killed one by one in battle when the clone troopers turned on them. I think it may be the best film of the six.

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 09:23 PM
The Jedi didn't believe in killing their prisoners - Sith or otherwise, and that was CONCRETE. However, a great many Jedi had no problem with allowing Sith to die, either. After a certain point, the Jedi would essentially give up on hope of redemption for a fallen Jedi and wouldn't even consider trying any further. Now, if that Sith fell into their hands, they had other far-reaching alternatives and made use of them.

Obi Wan obviously felt Anakin was beyond redemption at that point and just left him to his fate. No doubt, after the slaughter at Anakin's hands at the temple...Obi Wan probably felt that Anakin had it coming to him.

Fuckin' Padme says THAT? You're going to kill him, aren't you? What a cunt. Some kinda support base. If I was Anakin, I'd have killed the bitch myself, too.

Whore. :mad:

Golden AWe
05-26-2005, 03:59 AM

Fuckin' Padme says THAT? You're going to kill him, aren't you? What a cunt. Some kinda support base. If I was Anakin, I'd have killed the bitch myself, too.

Whore. :mad:

But she's my whore...ahahahha.

PADME+DARTH AWe=THE FUTURE OF THE GALAXY

Mr Grimsdale
05-26-2005, 04:54 AM
up the crudder!

Vinnie Velvet
05-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Where's Bob??

Seeing as he saw it yesterday.

By the way, Sith is on its way to break the 200 million mark very soon (and I think that may be a record too -- fastest to 200).

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Where's Bob??

Slept in :)

Review next.

vanzilla
05-26-2005, 11:47 AM
As I mentioned earlier, I saw it on Monday - but after having a few days to digest it all I have a few questions I was hoping some of you could answer:

1. R2D2 and C3PO are at least 30 years old by the time they hit Episode 4. Why wouldn't they be considered obsolete in an era so technologically advanced? I mean, c'mon - 30 years ago we were listening to 8 tracks and VCR's weren't a common house hold item, now those products are extinct.

2. In ROTS, Padme is wearing the classic Cinammon Bun Hairdo. Sure styles are cyclical, but do you really see someone Leiah's age wanting to replicate their mom's hairstyle.

3. The whole Chewbacca thing still bothers me. Yoda and Chewie were pals in ROTS, yet he never brings it up to Luke or Ben in TESB, OR ROTJ. Why is that? Especially when Ben is trying to teach Luke the powers of the force in the Falcon with the remote blaster.

Overall, I liked ROTS...and I realize I'm bringing too much into this since it's just fiction...but those are the loose ends that George fails to tie up. If anyone has any insight please let me know. Thanks.

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 11:48 AM
thye just do half the stuff t add nostalgia to it

vanzilla
05-26-2005, 11:51 AM
thye just do half the stuff t add nostalgia to it

Well, that's obvious, and yeh, it was cool too...

...but some of the guys here, like Warham and Vinnie have a deeper knowledge of the series and could shed some light on the subjects.

That's what I'm looking for. No biggie.;)

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
So I went to see this movie called "Revenge of the Sith" last night...and...

Having seen a bootlegged DVD a few months back, I have to say this: of course, the complete version is about an hour (give or take) more than what I caught of it, and several things were different in minor details...order of events, etc.

The movie itself? Wonderful. Everything Star Wars should be and easily the best of the prequels...better, in fact, than Return of the Jedi or a New Hope, and second (maybe!) only to Empire Strikes Back.

I thought the dynamic between Obi Wan and Anakin was much better, much more fleshed out in "Sith" than it had been in TPM or AOTC; we now understand a bit better why Obi Wan told Luke that Anakin was a "good friend" in ANH. The dialogue, while still cringe-inducing in part, was on the whole a lot better and detractors of TPM and AOTC will find (have you not seen it yet) that it's actually a lot more standable.

The lightsaber battles - VERY intense, however, I really hoped to see a bit more of Grievous in action than what ended up being there...in the Clone Wars animated series, he's been very bad-ass, decimating Jedi left and right and hardly anyone was able to stand against him at all; I felt Obi Wan took Grievous out a little too easily, but that's again forgivable, as Grievous had to be out of the picture anyway.

Palpatine's inSIDIOUSness throughout the film was done to almost total perfection - you can just see the wheels spinning in his head as he's manuevering in for the final strike against both Anakin and the Jedi...conniving, manipulative, just a real bastard beginning to end, and Ian plays his role to the absolute fullest potential.

Padme doesn't take any real hands-on approach during the film, and considering she's preggers, that's to be expected...always nice to see Natalie up on the screen, of course, and she looks great throughout the film.

Some people have mentioned the brief cameo appearance of the Millenium Falcon - look for it in the lower right hand side of the screen after the rescue of Palpatine from General Grievous...I can't remember exactly WHERE it's at in the film, but shortly after the battle, a ship is landing on Coruscant - if you keep your eyes open and on the bottom right of the screen during any landing sequences, you'll spot it, it's not too hard if you're keeping your eyes open for it's appearance (as I was).

The musical score - John Williams has absolutely KICKED ASS on this one, and it's quite possibly the best, most accurate musical score of the whole series. His compositions damn near left me in tears at points, especially during the wholesale slaughter of the Jedi at the hands of the Clone Troopers and during the separations of Anakin and Padme. I really can't say enough positive things about how emotional and moving the music is...easily the best scored Star Wars movie ever.

The violence level isn't excessive - more than any other Star Wars movie to be sure, but not beyond reason. Safe for your kids, in other words...there are some missing limbs, severed heads, et al, but nothing truly horrific...your kids will see equally as much on TV, except it'll be worse :)

The Mace Windu/Sidious/Anakin confrontation is really one of the highlights of the film - even though you know which way Anakin is going to go, it's still agonizing to watch it happen...very tragic, and you'll find yourself really getting pissed off at him for doing it! At least I did...but you can almost find sympathy in the situation he has...he's been led to support Sidious by a lie of the ability saving his wife and child, and here's Mace Windu, a mentor of old, ready, willing and able to take that key away forever...were I personally in that position, I really can't say how I'd react, either.

There are actually two appearances of Jar Jar Binks - the first is shortly into the movie (right after the landing sequence where the Falcon makes it's brief cameo), but he doesn't speak any lines and is fairly well back away from the center of attention, and the second is, of course, a quick face shot right at the end of the movie - again, no speaking lines.

The duel between Anakin and Obi Wan was OUTSTANDING, and THE lightsaber duel of the Star Wars saga without a doubt. Anakin is completely BAD-ASS and I watched the whole thing with the notion that Obi Wan was really struggling to keep up with him for the whole fight. In the end, I was left feeling that Obi Wan had NO BUSINESS AT ALL winning that fight, and it was ONLY Anakin's arrogance about his positioning, and his abilities, that lost it for him...had that fight gone on any longer, I've no doubt at all that Anakin would have killed Obi Wan sooner or later.

As I watched it, I thought that I could understand Obi Wan's decision not to assist Anakin out of harms way - Obi Wan was rightly furious at Anakin for a good many things, but most dominantly the slaughter of the Younglings at the Jedi Temple. Had I been in Obi Wan's position, brother or not, I'd have left him there to rot too. Anakin screaming "I HATE YOU!" at Obi Wan was a very powerful moment, one of the most powerful moments in the entire series, and we can see just how Anakin and Vader swapped places so easily...and we can feel a lot of sympathy towards Anakin as well, all the while still hating him for what he's done and allowed to happen.

Yoda vs. Sidious was everything I hoped it'd be - a very, very tight contest between the two of them that could have gone either way, and as luck (or the Force) would have it, it went to Sidious. The battle between them was really fun, and it was an EXTREMELY neat time to watch two actual MASTERS of the Force go toe to toe for a bit. I kinda found myself wanting it to continue on further than what it did, but....too much of that would have detracted from the Vader/Kenobi battle, so it's forgivable...then again, I could watch 2+ hours worth of a lightsaber duel ALONE and be rapt the whole time...on a solely personal note, I've never thought any Star Wars lightsaber duel had gone on long enough until Vader vs. Kenobi, and the timing on that was sheerly perfect - not too short and not too long.

We finally get our first glimpses of Kashyyyk and Alderaan, too - VERY long overdue, but worth the wait. Always a pleasure to see Chewbacca on the big screen, although I kinda wish he'd actually gotten to fight a bit more.

The special effects were outstanding, the CGI more or less believable, and the performances from Hayden, Natalie and Ewan were really awesome. There are a few "Gaah!" moments back and forth, but these were much more fewer in number than in TPM or AOTC and certainly no worse than anything offered in the original trilogy - in fact, in a lot of ways it's better.

My total score of the movie? 9 out of 10, almost the PERFECT Star Wars movie. Without a doubt, when I'm in the mood for a one-off Star Wars film, THIS will be the one I turn to for my sitting.

Can't wait for the DVD!!

Congratulations, George - it's an excellent piece of work! Wonderfully done and a great way to wrap up the series! Detractors be damned, it's well worth seeing in the theater at least 3 times, going again around Sunday or so :D

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 12:14 PM
As I mentioned earlier, I saw it on Monday - but after having a few days to digest it all I have a few questions I was hoping some of you could answer:

1. R2D2 and C3PO are at least 30 years old by the time they hit Episode 4. Why wouldn't they be considered obsolete in an era so technologically advanced? I mean, c'mon - 30 years ago we were listening to 8 tracks and VCR's weren't a common house hold item, now those products are extinct.

They were considered old technology during that time...but they were friends and had personalities...if I had an 8 track that talked to me, could unlock doors and understand virtually any language, I'd have a hard time tossing it too :)

2. In ROTS, Padme is wearing the classic Cinammon Bun Hairdo. Sure styles are cyclical, but do you really see someone Leia's age wanting to replicate their mom's hairstyle.

Um...don't know...don't really have an answer for that...

3. The whole Chewbacca thing still bothers me. Yoda and Chewie were pals in ROTS, yet he never brings it up to Luke or Ben in TESB, OR ROTJ. Why is that? Especially when Ben is trying to teach Luke the powers of the force in the Falcon with the remote blaster.

I don't think Ben ever knew that Yoda and Chewie had been friends of each other...and after 20 odd years down the road, I don't see any reason why Chewbacca would bring it up to anybody, Luke never spoke of Yoda or his training there on Dagobah.

Overall, I liked ROTS...and I realize I'm bringing too much into this since it's just fiction...but those are the loose ends that George fails to tie up. If anyone has any insight please let me know. Thanks.

Just my insights.

Vinnie Velvet
05-26-2005, 12:15 PM
1. The designs for astro droids and protocol droids never changed -- though they may have technologically.

2. Padme wearing the same hair buns look may just be a "look of royalty", since she was the Queen of Naboo and Leia is a Princess. Movie-making wise, it was just a nice tie in to the look of Leia in Episode IV to make that mother-daughter connection.

3. Having not seen Chewie in 23 years, it serves no purpose for Yoda to talk to Luke about him. Yoda's focus is to train Luke so that he can ultimately take out Vader and the Emperor. Its not like Yoda sat there and talked about how great Mace Windu was to Luke -- it serves no purpose. Add to the fact that Luke never talks about his 'friends' specifically to Yoda.

Obi-Wan just knows that Yoda has had "good relations with the wookies" having heard it from Yoda himself. That's all. No mention of Chewie to him.

Hope that helps.

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 12:16 PM
1. The designs for astro droids and protocol droids never changed -- though they may have technologically.

2. Padme wearing the same hair buns look may just be a "look of royalty", since she was the Queen of Naboo and Leia is a Princess. Movie-making wise, it was just a nice tie in to the look of Leia in Episode IV to make that mother-daughter connection.

3. Having not seen Chewie in 23 years, it serves no purpose for Yoda to talk to Luke about him. Yoda's focus is to train Luke so that he can ultimately take out Vader and the Emperor. Its not like Yoda sat there and talked about how great Mace Windu was to Luke -- it serves no purpose. Add to the fact that Luke never talks about his 'friends' specifically to Yoda.

Obi-Wan just knows that Yoda has had "good relations with the wookies" having heard it from Yoda himself. That's all. No mention of Chewie to him.

Hope that helps.

Exactly.

Vinnie Velvet
05-26-2005, 12:21 PM
So I went to see this movie called "Revenge of the Sith" last night...and...

Having seen a bootlegged DVD a few months back, I have to say this: of course, the complete version is about an hour (give or take) more than what I caught of it, and several things were different in minor details...order of events, etc.

The movie itself? Wonderful. Everything Star Wars should be and easily the best of the prequels...better, in fact, than Return of the Jedi or a New Hope, and second (maybe!) only to Empire Strikes Back.

I thought the dynamic between Obi Wan and Anakin was much better, much more fleshed out in "Sith" than it had been in TPM or AOTC; we now understand a bit better why Obi Wan told Luke that Anakin was a "good friend" in ANH. The dialogue, while still cringe-inducing in part, was on the whole a lot better and detractors of TPM and AOTC will find (have you not seen it yet) that it's actually a lot more standable.

The lightsaber battles - VERY intense, however, I really hoped to see a bit more of Grievous in action than what ended up being there...in the Clone Wars animated series, he's been very bad-ass, decimating Jedi left and right and hardly anyone was able to stand against him at all; I felt Obi Wan took Grievous out a little too easily, but that's again forgivable, as Grievous had to be out of the picture anyway.

Palpatine's inSIDIOUSness throughout the film was done to almost total perfection - you can just see the wheels spinning in his head as he's manuevering in for the final strike against both Anakin and the Jedi...conniving, manipulative, just a real bastard beginning to end, and Ian plays his role to the absolute fullest potential.

Padme doesn't take any real hands-on approach during the film, and considering she's preggers, that's to be expected...always nice to see Natalie up on the screen, of course, and she looks great throughout the film.

Some people have mentioned the brief cameo appearance of the Millenium Falcon - look for it in the lower right hand side of the screen after the rescue of Palpatine from General Grievous...I can't remember exactly WHERE it's at in the film, but shortly after the battle, a ship is landing on Coruscant - if you keep your eyes open and on the bottom right of the screen during any landing sequences, you'll spot it, it's not too hard if you're keeping your eyes open for it's appearance (as I was).

The musical score - John Williams has absolutely KICKED ASS on this one, and it's quite possibly the best, most accurate musical score of the whole series. His compositions damn near left me in tears at points, especially during the wholesale slaughter of the Jedi at the hands of the Clone Troopers and during the separations of Anakin and Padme. I really can't say enough positive things about how emotional and moving the music is...easily the best scored Star Wars movie ever.

The violence level isn't excessive - more than any other Star Wars movie to be sure, but not beyond reason. Safe for your kids, in other words...there are some missing limbs, severed heads, et al, but nothing truly horrific...your kids will see equally as much on TV, except it'll be worse :)

The Mace Windu/Sidious/Anakin confrontation is really one of the highlights of the film - even though you know which way Anakin is going to go, it's still agonizing to watch it happen...very tragic, and you'll find yourself really getting pissed off at him for doing it! At least I did...but you can almost find sympathy in the situation he has...he's been led to support Sidious by a lie of the ability saving his wife and child, and here's Mace Windu, a mentor of old, ready, willing and able to take that key away forever...were I personally in that position, I really can't say how I'd react, either.

There are actually two appearances of Jar Jar Binks - the first is shortly into the movie (right after the landing sequence where the Falcon makes it's brief cameo), but he doesn't speak any lines and is fairly well back away from the center of attention, and the second is, of course, a quick face shot right at the end of the movie - again, no speaking lines.

The duel between Anakin and Obi Wan was OUTSTANDING, and THE lightsaber duel of the Star Wars saga without a doubt. Anakin is completely BAD-ASS and I watched the whole thing with the notion that Obi Wan was really struggling to keep up with him for the whole fight. In the end, I was left feeling that Obi Wan had NO BUSINESS AT ALL winning that fight, and it was ONLY Anakin's arrogance about his positioning, and his abilities, that lost it for him...had that fight gone on any longer, I've no doubt at all that Anakin would have killed Obi Wan sooner or later.

As I watched it, I thought that I could understand Obi Wan's decision not to assist Anakin out of harms way - Obi Wan was rightly furious at Anakin for a good many things, but most dominantly the slaughter of the Younglings at the Jedi Temple. Had I been in Obi Wan's position, brother or not, I'd have left him there to rot too. Anakin screaming "I HATE YOU!" at Obi Wan was a very powerful moment, one of the most powerful moments in the entire series, and we can see just how Anakin and Vader swapped places so easily...and we can feel a lot of sympathy towards Anakin as well, all the while still hating him for what he's done and allowed to happen.

Yoda vs. Sidious was everything I hoped it'd be - a very, very tight contest between the two of them that could have gone either way, and as luck (or the Force) would have it, it went to Sidious. The battle between them was really fun, and it was an EXTREMELY neat time to watch two actual MASTERS of the Force go toe to toe for a bit. I kinda found myself wanting it to continue on further than what it did, but....too much of that would have detracted from the Vader/Kenobi battle, so it's forgivable...then again, I could watch 2+ hours worth of a lightsaber duel ALONE and be rapt the whole time...on a solely personal note, I've never thought any Star Wars lightsaber duel had gone on long enough until Vader vs. Kenobi, and the timing on that was sheerly perfect - not too short and not too long.

We finally get our first glimpses of Kashyyyk and Alderaan, too - VERY long overdue, but worth the wait. Always a pleasure to see Chewbacca on the big screen, although I kinda wish he'd actually gotten to fight a bit more.

The special effects were outstanding, the CGI more or less believable, and the performances from Hayden, Natalie and Ewan were really awesome. There are a few "Gaah!" moments back and forth, but these were much more fewer in number than in TPM or AOTC and certainly no worse than anything offered in the original trilogy - in fact, in a lot of ways it's better.

My total score of the movie? 9 out of 10, almost the PERFECT Star Wars movie. Without a doubt, when I'm in the mood for a one-off Star Wars film, THIS will be the one I turn to for my sitting.

Can't wait for the DVD!!

Congratulations, George - it's an excellent piece of work! Wonderfully done and a great way to wrap up the series! Detractors be damned, it's well worth seeing in the theater at least 3 times, going again around Sunday or so :D

Excellent review, Bob!

Bravo.

Couldn't agree with you more on your points.

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Thank ya :)

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 12:30 PM
i wanna know how han and chewie meet ....... i didnt know that mace was suck a bad ass

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 12:30 PM
such*

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Mace Windu was second in the Jedi Order only to Yoda himself.

Han was on a smuggling mission and ran into slavers from the Empire looking for Wookie "assistance"; he couldn't stand watching it, so he rescued Chewbacca from the slavers and Chewie swore a life-debt to him for his help.

Together ever since...

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 12:39 PM
There were even times, if I remember correctly, that Yoda referred to Mace's decisions...

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 12:41 PM
then if yoda is above mace how come he didnt rape the emporer because mace was making him look like a bitch until anakin came

Vinnie Velvet
05-26-2005, 01:00 PM
then if yoda is above mace how come he didnt rape the emporer because mace was making him look like a bitch until anakin came

True dat.

I guess the circumstances were different.

Order 66 wasn't in effect yet, the Clones were still fighting with the Jedi.

By the time Yoda takes on Empy, everyone is against the Jedi and most of them have already died.

But in terms of a one-on-one stand-off, I guess the setting didn't allow Yoda to really take out Palpatine. Having that fight in the Senate chamber must have been difficult.:)

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 01:09 PM
In a nutshell, that's it. Like I said, the battle between Yoda and Sidious could have went either way, it was just that the circumstances threw the fight to Palpatine.

Make no mistake about Mace Windu - he was extremely powerful and an excellent swordsman, and could have probably went toe to toe with Yoda himself without a clear victor.

Even Palpatine was pretty bad ass. Maul bowed to him. Even Dooku, who at one time was the exclusive Jedi lightsaber technique instructor, bowed to him. Grievous bowed to him. Palpatine was nothing to go fucking with lightly... :)

In the expanded universe, when Palpatine reappeared on the galactic stage (in a cloned body...LONG story), he got into a lightsaber duel with Luke and handed Luke his ass on a silver platter before Luke bowed to him.

Warham
05-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Mace used a technique known as Vapaad, which allows the Dark Side to channel through his body. Basically, the Emperor was striking himself with that lightning during that scene. Only Mace used this technique.

Yoda uses no such techniques, and you have to remember: he's almost 880 years old at that point. He'd be the equivalent of a senior senior citizen if he was a human.

I have no doubt that Yoda could have defeated Sidious if they were in smaller quarters.

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 01:16 PM
I have no doubt that Yoda could have defeated Sidious if they were in smaller quarters.

Odds are good that he would have. Yoda not taking him out was just based on the circumstances of the fight...the cards just happened to fall that way.

Warham
05-26-2005, 01:18 PM
One of THE coolest few seconds in the movie was when Sidious was firing lightning at Yoda in the Senate Chamber. Yoda threw up his hands in self defense, and it looked like he was biting off more he could chew. Then, he turns his head toward the Emperor as if to say, 'that's enough of this shit'. He then uses the force of the collected lightning against the Emperor and throws him back about ten to fifteen feet. Fuckin' awesome. :D

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Yes! VERY cool scene!! I dug the shit out of that...

Rikk
05-26-2005, 01:48 PM
BOB, I think you're nuts for saying it's better than A NEW HOPE...but you're sure right in saying that it's better (way better, IMO) that JEDI or the other two prequels. I never thought for a second that we'd all be discussing what is clearly the best Star Wars film in a quarter of a century. Fucking loved that flick.

So, who's already seen it a second time on the big screen? I know I'm going to soon.

Vinnie Velvet
05-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Seen it twice already. Plan to see it again this weekend.

Not to mention countless number of times on the leaked *cough* workprint *cough*.

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
BOB, I think you're nuts for saying it's better than A NEW HOPE...but you're sure right in saying that it's better (way better, IMO) that JEDI or the other two prequels. I never thought for a second that we'd all be discussing what is clearly the best Star Wars film in a quarter of a century. Fucking loved that flick.

So, who's already seen it a second time on the big screen? I know I'm going to soon.

I gotta say, I really do like it better than ANH...I think it's a hell of a lot more ambitious at the very least...

Vinnie Velvet
05-26-2005, 01:58 PM
I gotta say, I really do like it better than ANH...I think it's a hell of a lot more ambitious at the very least...

I agree.

Of course little 8 year old Vinnie V would say otherwise.

But alas, I aint 8 years old anymore!;)

SITH doesn't just happen, it RULES.

Warham
05-26-2005, 01:59 PM
'Rikk, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.'

Rikk
05-26-2005, 02:04 PM

I would also like to thank SITH for the inspiration for the excellent continuing series GUNT WARS, a monster that many of us have had our hands in creating...

bueno bob
05-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Ahh...Gunt Wars...what a grate thread...I believe ALAN Himself had a hand in it's inspiration, somewhere...

HAIL, ALAN!
HAIL, ALAN!
HAIL, ALAN!
HAIL!

Warham
05-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Hey Rikk, did you read my latest masterpiece in that excellent thread?

Rikk
05-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Fucking classic, WARHAM!!:D

PETE: Guntress, this is an unexpected pleasure. My small cock is honored by your presence.
FLAB: You may dispense with that one one-incher, PETE. I'm here to put your fingers to work.
PETE: I assure you, FLAB. My fingers are working as hard as they can.
FLAB: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.
PETE: I tell you, these fingers will get inside your folds as fast as they can.
FLAB: My GUNT does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
PETE: But, it wants the impossible. I need more fingers!
FLAB: Then perhaps you can get some members from the Army to help you.
PETE: You want me to go there and ask?
FLAB: That is correct, Captain Obvious. I am most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.
PETE: My fingers shall double their efforts!
FLAB: I hope so, PETE, for your sake. The GUNT is not as forgiving as I am.

Dave's Bitch
05-26-2005, 06:29 PM
im back from seeing it again,dam i love that film.its one of my fav's

Ally_Kat
05-26-2005, 11:02 PM
I saw it today. First time I saw a Star Wars movie in the theater.

I loved it. Didn't like episodes 1 or 2 too much, but I deffy wanted to see this one cuz, hell, how can you not see this one, right?

Best part for me was when Yoda went to confront Palpatine and there were the guards by the door. Yoda just waved his hand and took care of them. lol!

Ally_Kat
05-26-2005, 11:08 PM

With Obi's line about Luke being the only hope -- how many female jedis were there? There's one on the council, I believe (I like Star Wars, but I haven't memorized all the sabre colors and the like ;)) Scanning the younglings and the others I randomly saw in jedi groups, I didn't see many chicks. So many Obi didn't really think of her like that?

Ally_Kat
05-26-2005, 11:13 PM
2. In ROTS, Padme is wearing the classic Cinammon Bun Hairdo. Sure styles are cyclical, but do you really see someone Leiah's age wanting to replicate their mom's hairstyle.

Some hairstyles stay. My mother wore pigtails, braided and non-braided, when she was my age. I do the same.

Or maybe the foster parents put her hair like that growing up because Padme wore it that way? Lil connection to her mom?

Ally_Kat
05-27-2005, 04:11 AM
classic! http://padme.ytmnd.com/

Vinnie Velvet
05-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
classic! http://padme.ytmnd.com/

LOL!

That's great, Ally.

Looks like it was Padme who went to the dark side.:D

God, she is so hot!

(I hope Vader didn't hear me say that!)

Vinnie Velvet
05-27-2005, 09:31 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050517/capt.bau10705171933.germany_film_star_wars_bau107. jpg

Man, Portman's erect nipples look like a couple of hard erasers.

Makes ya wanna suck on them like a newborn.

:p

twonabomber
05-27-2005, 10:17 AM
holy shit. i dig her even with the bald head. hit it, i would.

fe_lung
05-27-2005, 10:35 AM

Secondly - I never said it was natural for ANY Jedi...just a few who were actually talented enough to do it. Obi Wan was and had to learn the method (I assume); Yoda was, and had to learn the method himself...in Vader's case, his midichlorian count was so extremely high the vanishing act just came as second nature to him. Had he NOT reverted back to the Jedi at the very end (say, threw Luke down the shaft instead, which is personally what I think he should have done!) and destroyed the Emperor in the process, I seriously doubt he would have vanished. This was just the Force's way of taking him back home and rewarding him for ending his life on a high note.

Weren't Vader and Palpatine going to work on figuring out the secret to immortality (that Darth Plagus knew)? Perhaps they worked it out.

Then again, why wouldn't Palpatine be able to come back again like Obi-Wan.... damn!

Redballjets88
05-27-2005, 10:42 AM
ya never know papatine could have just been saying that because he knew it would strike a chord with anakin

fe_lung
05-27-2005, 10:42 AM
One of THE coolest few seconds in the movie was when Sidious was firing lightning at Yoda in the Senate Chamber. Yoda threw up his hands in self defense, and it looked like he was biting off more he could chew. Then, he turns his head toward the Emperor as if to say, 'that's enough of this shit'. He then uses the force of the collected lightning against the Emperor and throws him back about ten to fifteen feet. Fuckin' awesome. :D

I really dug Yoda knocking out Palpatines guards. Just a big WHAM, see ya bitches!

Vinnie Velvet
05-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Weren't Vader and Palpatine going to work on figuring out the secret to immortality (that Darth Plagus knew)? Perhaps they worked it out.

Then again, why wouldn't Palpatine be able to come back again like Obi-Wan.... damn!

Well, Vader doesn't really care for anyone anymore, other than his 'Empire' or Palpatine.

Once he finds out Padme is dead, that's it. All is lost. So, who does he need to save from death to know the power to do so? No one.

But things of course change for Vader when he finds out that the kid who blew up the Death Star was someone called "Skywalker".:)

But it seems Vader still doesn't get it or that he still thinks the dark side can actually 'save' people from dying.

Case in point: When he's taunting Luke to give himself to the darkside during their duel in Jedi, Luke says that "I will not fight you", but then Vader says that going to the dark side is the "only way you can save your friends."

But its most likely a lure to get Luke to join the dark side, much like how Palpatine used to against Anakin.

You'd think Vader would know by now that its a bunch of BS.

Redballjets88
05-27-2005, 10:46 AM
did any one else think vader yelling no!!!! was hilarious

Vinnie Velvet
05-27-2005, 10:49 AM

Well, I think it was what it was.

Vader screaming 'No'.

Since James Earl Jones has a distinct low voice, I guess it would sound less menacing.

Redballjets88
05-27-2005, 10:52 AM
i just never thought of vader having emotions so i heard this and just busted out

Vinnie Velvet
05-27-2005, 11:00 AM
i just never thought of vader having emotions so i heard this and just busted out

Yeah, I know.

It just seemed weird for Vader to express himself emotionally like that.

And that's what kinda threw people off.

But it was nice to hear 'ol James Earl Jones' voice again.

"Where is Padme?"

"Is She alright?"

"I...I couldn't have."

"She was alive! I felt her!"

Golden AWe
05-27-2005, 11:21 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050517/capt.bau10705171933.germany_film_star_wars_bau107. jpg

Man, Portman's erect nipples look like a couple of hard erasers.

Makes ya wanna suck on them like a newborn.

:p

what was the name of the 80's /90's british pop singer, that bald woman?

she looks a lot like her...

Vinnie Velvet
05-27-2005, 11:37 AM
what was the name of the 80's /90's british pop singer, that bald woman?

she looks a lot like her...

Sinead O'Connor.

Golden AWe
05-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Sinead O'Connor.

Oh yeah...

well, bald or long hair, she will always be My Padme.

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 11:48 AM
why did she get rid of her hair?

i think she looks kinda freakish like that,but in episode III she looked really pretty

Golden AWe
05-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
why did she get rid of her hair?

i think she looks kinda freakish like that,but in episode III she looked really pretty

her hair and her nipples are like that because of our new Dump Meister movie production:

Adventures Of Helga The Female SS-officer - Cutting Glass Big Time

Vinnie Velvet
05-27-2005, 12:02 PM
her hair and her nipples are like that because of our new Dump Meister movie production:

Adventures Of Helga The Female SS-officer - Cutting Glass Big Time

LOL. :D

Actually, Portman shaved her head for a role she is playing in an upcoming movie called 'V for Vendetta'.

Golden AWe
05-27-2005, 12:04 PM
LOL. :D

Actually, Portman shaved her head for a role she is playing in an upcoming movie called 'V for Vendetta'.

that's right, the title for the american market was changed...but the original screenscript title remains as "Helga..."

Mezro
05-27-2005, 01:15 PM

I thought it was hilarious that he didn't yell "fuck" instead.

Mezro...I would yell fuck...

bueno bob
05-27-2005, 01:18 PM

No.

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 01:28 PM
i thought vader woulda done more when he found out padme had died

Golden AWe
05-27-2005, 01:43 PM
i thought vader woulda done more when he found out padme had died

uhm...well, he did build a couple of death stars to ti destroy all his enemies.

Vinnie Velvet
05-27-2005, 01:46 PM
uhm...well, he did build a couple of death stars to ti destroy all his enemies.

I think what Sammy's bitch means is Vader's actual reaction to her death.

I think it was enough considering he's talking through a new voice box, has new mehchanical lungs to help him breathe, a new set of "eyes" and of course new cybernetics for his legs and arm.

bueno bob
05-27-2005, 01:57 PM

Actually, it's Dave's Bitch now :)

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 02:10 PM

I think it was enough considering he's talking through a new voice box, has new mehchanical lungs to help him breathe, a new set of "eyes" and of course new cybernetics for his legs and arm.

i am sammy's bitch no longer,now i am dave's bitch and proud of it,and yea i meen his actuall reaction

Vinnie Velvet
05-27-2005, 02:25 PM
i am sammy's bitch no longer,now i am dave's bitch and proud of it,and yea i meen his actuall reaction

oops, sorry Dave's bitch.

Anyhow, you read my reply a few posts up.:)

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 02:26 PM
yup yup and no problem,just dont call me sammy's bitch again please,reminds me of the dark days where i hadnt yet descoverd the wonders of DLR

bueno bob
05-27-2005, 02:27 PM
yup yup and no problem,just dont call me sammy's bitch again please,reminds me of the dark days where i hadnt yet descoverd the wonders of DLR

So your conversion is official and complete?

Golden AWe
05-27-2005, 02:33 PM

yesss, yesss, i understood...i just don't think it could have been ended with a long speech...what can you say when the love of your life died because of you?

so i think the reaction was pretty believable and the enemies had to pay in the episodes IV-VI.

bueno bob
05-27-2005, 02:34 PM
yesss, yesss, i understood...i just don't think it could have been ended with a long speech...what can you say when the love of your life died because of you?

so i think the reaction was pretty believable and the enemies had to pay in the episodes IV-VI.

Right.

Vinnie Velvet
05-27-2005, 03:02 PM

You got it.

Anybody seeing it again this weekend?

I am.