PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams: Part 1248

POJO_Risin
05-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Here we fucking go again...and after they use a fucking first rounder on a fucking running back...

this oughta make him even more favored in camp...what a dipshit...

Saban: Williams 'very interested' in returning
Story Tools: Print Email
Associated Press
Posted: 2 minutes ago

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - Ricky Williams is discussing a comeback with the Miami Dolphins, coach Nick Saban said Thursday.

Saban acknowledged holding recent discussions with Williams, whose sudden retirement stunned the Dolphins shortly before training camp began last season. He would not divulge specifics of the talks, but has long said that he was open to the prospect of Williams returning.
Williams rushed for 3,225 yards and 25 touchdowns in his two seasons with the Dolphins.

"Ricky still seems to be very, very interested in coming back," Saban said. "As I've said before, the things that we discuss, we've decided not to talk about publicly. I think that I can safely say that you all know about his situation as I do."

Leigh Steinberg, Williams' agent, didn't immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

Williams, who led the NFL in rushing in 2002, still owes the Dolphins $8.6 million for breaching his contract by unexpectedly retiring.

He also entered into a settlement last month with a former South Florida woman, agreeing to pay $4,200 per month in support and establish a $300,000 trust fund for a child he fathered.

After quitting the Dolphins, the former Heisman Trophy winner later acknowledged that he failed drug tests and faced a suspension for testing positive three times for marijuana.

"There are issues that need to be worked through," Saban said. "We're all in the process of evaluating those issues before it is resolved."

If Williams returns, he'd likely have to wait until July to un-retire. Otherwise, he would face a one-year suspension for his violations of the NFL's substance-abuse program. Williams will still face a four-game suspension for failing a third drug test for marijuana last July, just before he retired.

Plus, the Dolphins used the No. 2 overall pick in last month's draft on another running back, Ronnie Brown of Auburn.

ALinChainz
05-20-2005, 11:27 AM
If it wasn't to trade him, I don't have any idea why they would want this dipshit.

25 TDs or not ... they drafted a back, maybe the best available.

I almost someone deals for him, I'd like to see him get just flattened, right with Clarett.

vanzilla
05-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Dear God, I can't imagine anyone touching his flaky ass.

After the crap he pulled, who would want to risk it.

I'd sooner have TERRELL OWENS on my team, than Ricky.

POJO_Risin
05-20-2005, 06:52 PM
You know...how interesting would fucking Oakland be though if they went after this guy...

fucking MOSS and fucking Williams on the same team...there has been nothing like it...

EVER...

and the scariest thing about it?

as flaky as that team would be...

THEY'D BE GOOD...

Until Moss shoots Ricky...but what a fucking trial that would be...

I almost want to see that fucking train wreck...

POJO_Risin
05-20-2005, 06:53 PM
And if it's not Oakland...it will be someone...

ALinChainz
05-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Too late now, LaMont Jordan with the $27 million deal.

Reading that Ricky is down to 195, pretty light for him.

ALinChainz
05-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
And if it's not Oakland...it will be someone...

Seems like he'll still have league issues though, I'm sure they won't let him just walk back in.

His wallet has to be telling him to get his ass back in the league.

POJO_Risin
05-20-2005, 07:01 PM
If he comes back after July...I think the only route he would go is the 4 game suspension...

and if he makes good with the Dolphs...he won't have to pay them 8 million...

POJO_Risin
05-20-2005, 07:02 PM
I saw that he was light as well...but I'm guessing it won't be hard for him to get back into playing shape...

ALinChainz
05-20-2005, 07:04 PM
I saw that he was light as well...but I'm guessing it won't be hard for him to get back into playing shape...

Hell yeah ... couple doobs ... some munchies ... :cool:

POJO_Risin
05-20-2005, 07:05 PM
lmfao...and 100 fucking twinkies...

and he's right back there...

ALinChainz
05-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Damn, I keep thinking about that 60 Minutes interview ... never looked at him the same again ...

The end of that interview, Bradley should have done the Porky Pig ...

"That's All Folks!"

POJO_Risin
05-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Isn't it amazing though Al how the door never closes on these fuckers because they can play...

Dennis Rodman comes to mind...sure...he can bring it on the court...but nobody wants that shit on their team...not even Jordan after a couple of years...

ALinChainz
05-20-2005, 07:36 PM
It is most amazing, which is probably reason #1 why they never straighten the act up.

Like you said, if it isn't Miami, someone will pay him to play for them.

Much like T.O., you have to be ready for the bad with the good.

POJO_Risin
05-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Philly may need a back...;)

I think TO Ricky would be equally as interesting...

vanzilla
05-20-2005, 11:13 PM
You know...how interesting would fucking Oakland be though if they went after this guy...

fucking MOSS and fucking Williams on the same team...there has been nothing like it...

I almost want to see that fucking train wreck...

If that happens, I guarentee you that the locker rooms would smell a lot like the men's bathrooms at Network Associates Coliseum. And if anyone has ever been there, you know what I'm talking about

:smoke: Lot's of Cheech and Chong going on down there.

Funny thing about Moss - he and my brother are friends because they used the same dealer when he was in college. They hang out every summer.

Redballjets88
05-20-2005, 11:18 PM
even though ricky is a dipshit i love him just because he went to UT and i am obsessed

Va Beach VH Fan
05-21-2005, 08:07 AM
If he comes back after July...I think the only route he would go is the 4 game suspension...

and if he makes good with the Dolphs...he won't have to pay them 8 million...

I thought it was going to be more than 4 games if he came back...

I'll be honest, I have been keeping up with Cheech....

POJO_Risin
05-21-2005, 03:23 PM
If he comes back before July...he'd be suspended for a year...after July...and it's only a month...

If Williams returns, he'd likely have to wait until July to un-retire. Otherwise, he would face a one-year suspension for his violations of the NFL's substance-abuse program. Williams will still face a four-game suspension for failing a third drug test for marijuana last July, just before he retired.

not sure why that is...or if there is a statute for retiring...and breaking that retirement...perhaps you have to wait a year after you retire before you unretire...not sure...

redblkwht
05-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Longshot vibe..
imagine the Rams with this guy
with marshall on the retirement year? hmm..
Vikes/Atlanta close to the top will it put them there with him? i dunno..

POJO_Risin
05-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Rams are going with Stephen Jackson...and he'll be damn good...

Atlanta has to much money in Dunn/Duckett...

Vikes have what...10 backs they always seem to have...their drug guy is gone...we'll see about the rest...

Philly...

ALinChainz
05-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Ricky Williams: Intends to Report to Training Camp

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Update: Williams' agent says the running back absolutely intends to report to Dolphins training camp this summer, according to the Palm Beach Post.

Recommendation: We'll be more certain once we hear from new coach Nick Saban and the NFL, as Williams is still facing a possible suspension for drug use. Williams can't rejoin the Dolphins until July because his retirement triggered a one-year suspension under the league's drug policy. "He owes a four-game suspension provided he comes back after the one-year anniversary of his retirement," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. It's also worth noting that reports say Williams now weighs as little as 195 pounds, something Williams' agent doesn't dispute.

POJO_Risin
05-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Of course...Williams agent did say that Williams was in intensive training...lmfao...

must be drug training...

Redballjets88
05-22-2005, 01:44 AM
yoga

redblkwht
05-23-2005, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
yoga
gumby position doing a bong hit..lmao