PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen (Rumor) good for dave, if he stood up for himself

mattiew23m
05-23-2005, 02:37 PM
A friend of mine works for WDHA radio, and told me a rumor that he heard from micheal anthony at the Atlantic City spammy show.. He heard that the reason for the tour delay, and the reason's why the songs took awhile to come out, and to be worked on was because they were waiting to see if Dave wanted to do the cd and tour. I heard that "It's about time" Musically, was written for dave?!?!?! crazy, right?? Dave said he would not tour with sammy, and sammy said he would not tour with dave. Alex was actually happy with the situation, and said something along the lines of, we don't need roth to mess things up.. The idea came from the sam and dave tour. I guess, promoters figured they could do it, since sammy toured with dave.. Ed was up for it.. (suprise) so don't rule out a vh reunion. its alex we have to worry about.. Anyway, dave said no to both ideas. And told ed, or whoever to do it with sammy or me. Alex picked sammy.. And i'm guessing ed might of been out voted.. He was out voted on everything. Alex, and Sam were kinda running the show.. And ed rebelled the entire tour.. During soundcheck ed would play CVH perfectly to piss sam off, and then when the show came on, he royally would screw up every song.. If this rumor is true, maybe its dave's turn, who know's.... But if al, and mike say no.. i dunno if ed will go along with it.. But if its true.. Big props to DLR.. The man could of made a lot of fuckin' money, but he took the high road.. He wants to do it right, and we want to see it right... Who know's if this is true.. On another note of the story.. After mike quickly talking about that, he countinued to mention that he would rather play with sam's band, cause its "on the beach everynight" whatever.... i don't understand why you want to play in a band, that your not really apart of.. Hopefully, they all realize where they fuckin' came from, and what they should be doing!!!! I honestly will say this, it sounds like ed is a drunk, but he sounds like the only one that is ready.. And dave.. =)
I would love to hear dave sing "Death By Hollywood"

Carmine
05-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by mattiew23m
During soundcheck ed would play CVH perfectly to piss sam off, and then when the show came on, he royally would screw up every song..

This part is particularly interesting to me. Ed did play CVH abit during sound checks during the 04 Tour.

Makes the "meltdown" at the end of the last show in AZ, a bit more relavent too.

lafours
05-23-2005, 02:47 PM
it is interesting because I have a soundcheck mp3 of Ed playing "I'm the One" and guess what?....he nails it!!! that is a much more difficult piece that the Van Hagar stuff he was tanking on....

bigc
05-23-2005, 02:52 PM
couldnt send me that mp3,could you?hehe

academic punk
05-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Can't imagine Ed intentionally would screw up the show for paying fans. I really honestly can't.

Terry
05-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Wouldn't be suprised if Dave had been approached to do a co-headlining Van Halen tour with Hagar for 2004. That certainly would have generated more excitement than Van Hagar 2004 did. Have a feeling that said arrangement wouldn't have appealed to Roth, though. It would have been as much a tacit admission that he is sharing the Van Halen legacy with Hagar, and Dave doesn't need to do that. Van Halen's status as one of the greatest rock bands was already signed, sealed and delivered before Hagar joined the band. Plus, why split the take with Sam?

Have just as strong a feeling that Van Halen chose to go with Sam because they knew he was gonna go along with whatever was decided without insisting that his input be included. He had already made it clear that he would rejoin the band under whatever circumstances Ed and Al decided, and let them dictate the course of events.

Feel that Ed would still be up for doing something with Dave, but Al is still smarting from all those years of Dave asserting his influence over the band, and knows that Dave isn't gonna change in that respect. Al just doesn't wanna feel like he's under Dave's thumb again.

Disagree that Sam wouldn't have toured with Dave and the rest of Van Halen in 2004. Am sure if Al told Sam that he could either tour with Roth or not at all, Sam would have still went along, whereas Roth likely would have said that if Van Halen wanted to tour it was gonna be with him and only him, take it or leave it.

Who knows what really happened? End result was another missed opportunity and another round of bad decisions from Howdy Doody Mountain.

academic punk
05-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Have just as strong a feeling that Van Halen chose to go with Sam because they knew he was gonna go along with whatever was decided without insisting that his input be included. He had already made it clear that he would rejoin the band under whatever circumstances Ed and Al decided, and let them dictate the course of events.

INaccurate on this bit. Sam - being the douchebag that he is - insisted on and got to play a solo section in the show. As if anyone wanted to hear an acoustic, solo "Where Eagles Crap" at a VH gig.

But I'm sure he also was adamant on not performing with Dave, after all the shit he slung in the wake of the 2002 co-headlining gig.

mattiew23m
05-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Listen to the 2dorks interview about how ed would play on stage.. he would kinda just noodle, and work on solo's during songs.... I noticed the rest of the band would try to improvise too.. But to play cvh songs at sound check flawless, and then when on stage sound terrible.. hmmmmmmm... and also i heard ed pointed to sam at one show after smashing his guitar saying, "there is your fuckin' king" or "there is your king" somethin like that.... But i would NOT wanna see a sam and dave van halen tour... It would be a mess

ThrillsNSpills
05-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Can't imagine Ed intentionally would screw up the show for paying fans. I really honestly can't.

Especially when he and his brother said the Dave of 96 wasn't the Dave of '84 during the 96 fiasco.

DUNN28
05-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by lafours
it is interesting because I have a soundcheck mp3 of Ed playing "I'm the One" and guess what?....he nails it!!! that is a much more difficult piece that the Van Hagar stuff he was tanking on....

I went to one of those soundchecks (no I am not a sheep) and Eddie slammed down a bottle of wine and was perfect on the classic =VH=
I say bring back Dave the time is right I have seen enough Sammy with Van Halen I want the orginal back.
Been way to long!!!!!

Panamark
05-23-2005, 04:07 PM
I remember reading where Ed and Alex would play CVH songs to piss Sammy off, even before they originally split with Sammy.

I LOVE IT :D

Terry
05-23-2005, 04:19 PM
All the comments from Mike, Ed and Sam this in year about how Van Hagar wasn't particularly getting along that spectacularly just seem to bolster the notion that CVH might as well have went out last year.

Far as I could tell, the bottom line for Ed and Al going for Sam over Dave in 2004 is that supposedly the sisters and Sam got along a lot better than the band ever did when Dave was in it, the 1996 Hagar split notwithstanding (the worst Ed/Al and Sam have really ever had to say about each other is stuff along the lines of Sam wanting to take time off and Ed and Al forcing a greatest hits release, when you come right down to it).

Seems now even that self-professed chummy bond between Hagar and the brothers isn't all that strong, so why NOT make the extra effort to iron out differences with Dave? Doesn't seem that getting back together with Roth is gonna be any less of a headache than Hagar, far as the Van Halens are concerned.

academic punk
05-23-2005, 04:22 PM
All the comments from Mike, Ed and Sam this in year about how Van Hagar wasn't particularly getting along that spectacularly just seem to bolster the notion that CVH might as well have went out last year.

Far as I could tell, the bottom line for Ed and Al going for Sam over Dave in 2004 is that supposedly the sisters and Sam got along a lot better than the band ever did when Dave was in it, the 1996 Hagar split notwithstanding (the worst Ed/Al and Sam have really ever had to say about each other is stuff along the lines of Sam wanting to take time off and Ed and Al forcing a greatest hits release, when you come right down to it).

Seems now even that self-professed chummy bond between Hagar and the brothers isn't all that strong, so why NOT make the extra effort to iron out differences with Dave? Doesn't seem that getting back together with Roth is gonna be any less of a headache than Hagar, far as the Van Halens are concerned.

But here's the thing: Alex HATES Dave. But Alex and Sam are STILL friends. Who knows? At this point, Alex just may be closer to Sam than his own brother. Which isn't to say that Alex doesn't know which is which when it comes to meal tickets, but there ain't no way Dave is going to be able to get past that obstacle...

Terry
05-23-2005, 04:24 PM
INaccurate on this bit. Sam - being the douchebag that he is - insisted on and got to play a solo section in the show. As if anyone wanted to hear an acoustic, solo "Where Eagles Crap" at a VH gig.

But I'm sure he also was adamant on not performing with Dave, after all the shit he slung in the wake of the 2002 co-headlining gig.

Yeah, but Sam's been doing solo stuff with Van Hagar live for years. Granted, I sure as shit wouldn't want to hear an acoustic solo ANYTHING by Hagar, but am sure in the demented place known as Wally World, the Van Halens thought there would be plenty of audience members who'd dig it. Point taken, though.

Far as not going on the road with Dave, all you gotta do is watch the VH1 Sam and Dave special, where after an hour of bitching about what a dickhead he thinks Roth is, Sam (sitting next to Mike....surprise surprise) says he'd still be willing to do a Halen tour with Dave. The quote that Hagar would sell the property rights to his butthole to get fame wasn't far from the mark.

academic punk
05-23-2005, 04:27 PM
The quote that Hagar would sell the property rights to his butthole to get fame wasn't far from the mark.

One of Dave's best put-downs ever. Hilarious, but so off-the-wall that if Sam ever got pissy about it, dave could simply say, "C'mon! I was kidding! Can't you take a joke?"

btw - what's the story w/ Sam trying to start a fight backstage?

Big Fat Sammy
05-23-2005, 04:29 PM

It is true...I witnessed it myself. He sucked. Period. Never even sung anything...but was on the mic talking alot of bullshit. He actually started ATBL at the end of his shitty solo (CC Deville could have done better)...and Sam came out and gave him a dirty look like "NO! what the fuck are you doing!" and Ed said "just fuckin with you" over the mic and played something else that was totally incoherent.

And...I truly believe mattiew23m's story here...as I have heard on mp3 and from several first hand accounts of Eddie being "on" during soundchecks.

academic punk
05-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy

And...I truly believe mattiew23m's story here...as I have heard on mp3 and from several first hand accounts of Eddie being "on" during soundchecks.

maybe he was between beer 13 and beer 62 at the time...

UGS
05-23-2005, 04:33 PM
I really don't buy the "Ed purposely fucking up" story. Maybe he did the soundcheck flawlessly, went backstage and got wasted, and then fucked up because he was drunk. . .but not on purpose. I doubt Al would let him get away with that anyway.

academic punk
05-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by UGS
I really don't buy the "Ed purposely fucking up" story. Maybe he did the soundcheck flawlessly, went backstage and got wasted, and then fucked up because he was drunk. . .but not on purpose. I doubt Al would let him get away with that anyway.

Especially after the attendance and gross wasn't meeting expectations.

at that point, ANYONE would go beyond their personal animosities and get to work.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Alex's purported views re: Dave is pretty hypocritical, if you ask me....

If you've listened to any AVH interview, he always mentions something about what the fans want....

We all know Alex is not a stupid man, it's obviously he's quite intelligent....

He's got to be intelligent enough to realize both what the FANS want and what is fiscally smart...

He's also smart enough to know that the 2004 debacle was a travesty of a tour.... He saw the half-empty halls, and I'm sure the promoter was quite explicit on how much money they lost....

Big Fat Sammy
05-23-2005, 04:39 PM
I have some friends who work at the venue...said he was wasted before the soundcheck...got out of the limo drinking wine straight from the bottle, not beer....

Getting too fucked up to play is "purposely fucking up" the show and disrespecting the fans IMO

Terry
05-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Dunno if Ed was making glaring mistakes on purpose, or if he was too bombed, or if he just figures he can do whatever and get away with it....

.....but when the man who wrote RWTD can't even nail the damn RHYTHM parts, you know something is amiss.

UGS
05-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
I have some friends who work at the venue...said he was wasted before the soundcheck...got out of the limo drinking wine straight from the bottle, not beer....

Getting too fucked up to play is "purposely fucking up" the show and disrespecting the fans IMO

His lack of self-control is disgusting. ESPECIALLY because he smokes again after tongue cancer. It's sad that a fat kid could show more self control in a bakery than a fifty year old man (who has to go perform infront of thousands (ok, hundreds) of people) can show when he's anywhere near liquor.

Big Fat Sammy
05-23-2005, 04:51 PM
He obviously didn't wanna be there....and the mistakes were probably thinking he could get away with whatever. Thats what it sounds like in the 2 Dorks interview.

4moreyears
05-23-2005, 05:23 PM
After mike quickly talking about that, he countinued to mention that he would rather play with sam's band, cause its "on the beach everynight" whatever.... i don't understand why you want to play in a band, that your not really apart of..

To get away from the politics of being part of a dydfunctional band as a 50 year old man. I would not want to deal with all that crap as well. Who needs it.

DaLeeRo
05-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Alex's purported views re: Dave is pretty hypocritical, if you ask me....

If you've listened to any AVH interview, he always mentions something about what the fans want....

We all know Alex is not a stupid man, it's obviously he's quite intelligent....

He's got to be intelligent enough to realize both what the FANS want and what is fiscally smart...

He's also smart enough to know that the 2004 debacle was a travesty of a tour.... He saw the half-empty halls, and I'm sure the promoter was quite explicit on how much money they lost....

I agree with that.... I hope that Alex have a little piece of mind in his head that he realizes that the true Halen fans want Dave back.

And I think that he have, but this is all about what he wants. He maybe know that Dave would be the best choice, but he don't wanna get him back.

This is my opinion!:o

DlocRoth
05-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Nice thread!!

Back to some meat'n'potato VH theories.....

Having said that, VA nailed it.

Al is spewing bullshit, somebody needs to call him on it.

Thorman
05-23-2005, 05:47 PM

Dude...members of VH have always had solo's so why shouldnt sam....? Thats crazy talk

BAM

bueno bob
05-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Very intriguing!

Let me say this about that: if Ed wants Dave on the road, it'll happen. Ed, I firmly believe, can put his foot down ANY TIME he wants and put David back in the seat and MAKE Al and Mike agree with it.

Van Halen is Ed and Dave's band, is, was and always will be - Mike and Al are bit players. If Ed says it will be so, then it WILL be so, and there's two things Mike and Al can do about it - Jack and Shit.

Come on, Ed!

DaLeeRo
05-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Very intriguing!

Van Halen is Ed and Dave's band, is, was and always will be - Mike and Al are bit players. If Ed says it will be so, then it WILL be so, and there's two things Mike and Al can do about it - Jack and Shit.

Come on, Ed!

Well... Mike and Al are players, but they are still the members of the band. So they have too right to vote. Van Halen is Ed's and Dave's band, but it's also Mike's and Al's band. CVH is Dave, Ed, Mike and Al.
If Ed starts to decide things by his own, Al and Mike will leave.

DlocRoth
05-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by DaLeeRo
Well... Mike and Al are players, but they are still the members of the band. So they have too right to vote. Van Halen is Ed's and Dave's band, but it's also Mike's and Al's band. CVH is Dave, Ed, Mike and Al.

See ya, bitches!

4moreyears
05-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
Dude...members of VH have always had solo's so why shouldnt sam....? Thats crazy talk

BAM

Dave never sung anything other than Ice Cream Man which they recorded as a band on VH1. Sammy plays his lame drive 55 and one way to rock along with others. I would not want to hear going crazy at a VH concert or California Girls. There are enough songs in the VH library to pick from where you do not have to dig into either singers solo catalog.

academic punk
05-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Dave never sung anything

Maybe so, but he did have his little kendo exhibition during the 1984 tour, which most certainly qualifies as a solo section, as the time could've been spent playing an actual song.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Maybe so, but he did have his little kendo exhibition during the 1984 tour, which most certainly qualifies as a solo section, as the time could've been spent playing an actual song.

Good call Punk, I was never a big fan of that either...

tjvhou812
05-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Very intriguing!

Let me say this about that: if Ed wants Dave on the road, it'll happen. Ed, I firmly believe, can put his foot down ANY TIME he wants and put David back in the seat and MAKE Al and Mike agree with it.

Come on, Ed!

word

bobgnote
05-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Too MUCH, ONE HUNDRED English pound-dogs.

That bus is a hundred and you fans are just trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents.

You cannot have the guitar Dave needs by faker Eddie. If you are only fifteen and still got the Joe Dirt hair, and CVH is all several generations of your family can spell, then you gotta know that:

1. you pro-Ed trolls are not just wasting your time, but TIME WARNER'S time, and their shareholders are getting ripped right off, including by sandbagging, stonewalling TROLLS on this site, geeking reunion at Dave and Stern, who just are not going that way, and never will.
2. there is a shareholder scam going on. CVH faked, inflated Time-Warner stock, and now there just is a lot more cancer than guitar coming around after Eddie duped, Dave found out, AND THEY WILL NOT GET BACK TOGETHER BECAUSE DAVE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH EDDIE'S BOGARD AND BS, which gives anyone who knows a pain in the butt. Costs from deregulated power will really hurt music, SONY, Warner, and the cities will collapse in California, before you get any CVH. The whole game of media will change, for better or worse, but not like it HAS BEEN, where Ed gets $1.5 million and hypesters pretend that was a reasonable show rate for a hyped-up faker (NOT).
3. you have a butt, don't you? Stern sure does. His gets fined a lot. HIS situatiion can get worse, especially if dopes like those on this site keep me out of the ALL the lineups, duping me until I quit playing.
4. keep up the fanny-patter here, and you might find out Dave has a chance to dodge the bullet from the impending Warner stock collapse.
OR NOT! You guys might even get to talk, in US Court, if you get weird enough. CVH cannot happen, neither can more rock like I made in the 70s, 80s, and nudging the 90s. I cannot make riff one without getting duped. That is why I say I make a hit in three minutes, EDDIE VAN HALEN TAKES THREE YEARS, and he coasted Time Warner toward oblivion in the process of faking for 30 years! MAYBE Dave and Howard Stern can both duck out of the trouble Eddie and lots of other fake-rockers have been defering, while his rabid-airheads talk guitar, don't play any of it. I played, I waited, and now I get to type for gen-I, the IGNORANT generation, and for whomever else is stuck waiting here, a better place than some to wait.
5. You feed birds, and your any squirrely-mindedness still in you might get some process, and Dave might care what you have to say, which has to get better than troopers in a stupor before he gives a RATT's *ss.
6. I have the numbers you all want. I'm your dude, on guitar, or give up on CLASSIC. That bus is the same as where Relay and Won't Get Fooled rolled on, in Berkeley, when all rock got duped from there, 70s. It takes me tune-up, play, and the guitar is the beat track.

ANY QUESTIONS WHY THAT IS BETTER THAN WAITING THREE YEARS FOR ED TO FAKE HIS WAY OUT OF CANCER, while TW fades? Get a clue, fans from Joisy or wherever. You have US Court where you live, in JOISY, where they LOVE that shot of the bros all milk-smegged. It's cheese by now, and that all got licked off by mullet boys.:confused:

Thorman
05-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by bobgnote

That bus is a hundred and you fans are just trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents.

You canot have the guitar Dave needs by faker Eddie. If you are only fifteen and still got the Joe Dirt hair, and CVH is all several generations of your family can spell, then you gotta know that:

1. you pro-Ed trolls are not just wasting your time, but TIME WARNER'S time, and their shareholders are getting ripped right off, including by sandbagging, stonewalling TROLLS on this site, geeking reuninon at Dave and Stern, who just are not going that way, and never will.
2. there is a shareholder scam going on. CVH faked, inflated Time-Warner stock, and now there just is a lot more cancer than guitar coming around after Eddie duped, Dave found out, AND THEY WILL NOT GET BACK TOGETHER BECAUSE DAVE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH EDDIE'S BOGARD AND BS, which gives anyone who knows a pain in the butt. the costs from deregulated power will really hurt music, SONY, Warner, and the cities will collapse in California. Before you get any CVH, the whole game of media will change, better or worse, but not like it HAS BEEN, where Ed gets $1.5 million and hypesters pretend that was a reasonable show rate for a hyped-up faker (NOT).
3. you have a butt, don't you? Stern sure does. His gets fined a lot.
4. keep up the fanny-patter and you might find out Dave has a chance to dodge the bullet from the impending Warner stock collapse.
OR NOT! You guys might even get to talk, in US Court, if you get weird enough. CVH cannot happen, and MAYBE Dave and Howard Stern can both duck out of the trouble Eddie and lots of other fake-rockers have been defering, while his rabid-airheads talk guitar, don't play any of it.
5. You feed birds, and your any squirrely-mindedness still in you might get some process, and Dave might care what you have to say, which has to get better than troopers in a stupor before he gives a RATT's *ss.
6. I have the numbers you all want. I'm your dude, on guitar, or give up on CLASSIC. That bus is the same as where Relay and Won't Get Fooled rolled on, in Berkeley, when all rock got duped from there, 70s.

Now this is what Im talking about...I like this guy as he makes some very good points...For example, point # 6 makes total sense when you look at it from that point of view..

So the story is as long as Sammy is around he will be making the final decisions regarding CVH

BAM

rustoffa
05-23-2005, 08:26 PM

You cannot have the guitar Dave needs by faker Eddie. If you are only fifteen and still got the Joe Dirt hair, and CVH is all several generations of your family can spell, then you gotta know that:

1. you pro-Ed trolls are not just wasting your time, but TIME WARNER'S time, and their shareholders are getting ripped right off, including by sandbagging, stonewalling TROLLS on this site, geeking reunion at Dave and Stern, who just are not going that way, and never will.
2. there is a shareholder scam going on. CVH faked, inflated Time-Warner stock, and now there just is a lot more cancer than guitar coming around after Eddie duped, Dave found out, AND THEY WILL NOT GET BACK TOGETHER BECAUSE DAVE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH EDDIE'S BOGARD AND BS, which gives anyone who knows a pain in the butt. Costs from deregulated power will really hurt music, SONY, Warner, and the cities will collapse in California, before you get any CVH. The whole game of media will change, for better or worse, but not like it HAS BEEN, where Ed gets $1.5 million and hypesters pretend that was a reasonable show rate for a hyped-up faker (NOT).
3. you have a butt, don't you? Stern sure does. His gets fined a lot. HIS situatiion can get worse, especially if dopes like those on this site keep me out of the ALL the lineups, duping me until I quit playing.
4. keep up the fanny-patter here, and you might find out Dave has a chance to dodge the bullet from the impending Warner stock collapse.
OR NOT! You guys might even get to talk, in US Court, if you get weird enough. CVH cannot happen, neither can more rock like I made in the 70s, 80s, and nudging the 90s. I cannot make riff one without getting duped. That is why I say I make a hit in three minutes, EDDIE VAN HALEN TAKES THREE YEARS, and he coasted Time Warner toward oblivion in the process of faking for 30 years! MAYBE Dave and Howard Stern can both duck out of the trouble Eddie and lots of other fake-rockers have been defering, while his rabid-airheads talk guitar, don't play any of it. I played, I waited, and now I get to type for gen-I, the IGNORANT generation, and for whomever else is stuck waiting here, a better place than some to wait.
6. I have the numbers you all want. I'm your dude, on guitar, or give up on CLASSIC. That bus is the same as where Relay and Won't Get Fooled rolled on, in Berkeley, when all rock got duped from there, 70s. It takes me tune-up, play, and the guitar is the beat track.

ANY QUESTIONS WHY THAT IS BETTER THAN WAITING THREE YEARS FOR ED TO FAKE HIS WAY OUT OF CANCER, while TW fades? Get a clue, fans from Joisy or wherever. You have US Court where you live, in JOISY, where they LOVE that shot of the bros all milk-smegged. It's cheese by now, and that all got licked off by mullet boys.:confused:

Talk about a hotbed of cuntroversy!

rochesterdr
05-23-2005, 08:45 PM
What the fuck is wrong with this guy? Speak in English dude, not some half assed crackhead poetry about being duped in Joisy.

is that too much to ask?

stringfelowhawk
05-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Here's my two pennies! Like it or not, I don't care but its how I feel.

If the time comes for a real reunion I want it to be as close to perfect as humanly possible. This means, I want Dave to be Dave but I want him to tone down the shtick. The man is a natural comedian and it should show but he can do without the same lines he's been using for 30 years. I love the man and I want it to happen. I want them all to be in the best shape possible. No drugs and poor concerts cause somebody's to fucked up to play. I can deal with it if it became their last tour ever. I just want them to have fun. If they're having fun on stage the audience will have fun and we decide if its a stellar, "life changing event" and not these prissy fucking critics who go out of their way to praise shit like Creed but laugh at Diamond Dave every chance they get. I want him to take care of his voice. I know he loves to forget the words and we all expect him to say it at least once every concert. It was cool back then. But now it makes him seem like he's not even trying. When I saw him in 2002 he was in awesome shape and I was really into the concert. I had a great time but I know he can sing cause he did that night. I wish he would just try to stay on key a little more. I've seen many a boot and he is damn sure my favorite frontman and the coolest to ever take the stage but hitting so damn many flat notes is what keeps alot of people saying he's lost his voice. It's the one part of the show I can do without. He takes great care of himself physically no doubt, and even though he hit every scream he attempted at that show, I've seen many where he couldn't hit one and that made me feel embarrassed for him. I've been doing a little research of my own since I just started vocal excersizes again after about 15 years of goofin off. It's not impossible to regain your voice as long as you don't have nodes on your vocal chords you can do certain excersizes to get it ALL back. It does take a few months of constant practices but it works. A little while after I stopped I was at a friends house and "18 And Life" came on the radio. I hit that fuckin wild note Sebastian Back hits at the end pitch perfect but I forced it and it took 3 weeks for me to even talk above a whisper for more than a few mins. Since I've started back its gotten alot easier. I'm not that good anymore but it is coming back slowly.
Don't misunderstand me. I don't want this just for us fans. I want it to be special not just because its Van Halen again. I want it to be special so some of these newer artists will take note of how things used to be before the "life sucks" crowd took over. The concert atmosphere, the show, the fun, the swagger of what a real frontman should be, the attitude, the proffiency and the shear "WE ARE THE SHIT" aspect that I miss so much. Maybe it'll change things for the better.
Now if we could just get the four of them in the same room and use the Jedi mind trick on em we'd be good to go.

fatmanwalking
05-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Regarding Eddie tanking it during shows. Flame me here but I saw them 3 times and once on a DVD last year. I noticed one paticular thing that struck me odd. Every Sam song, he would alter something. Whether it be the rhythm or lead, not one Sam song was the same as it was on previous tours. However for the CVH songs, he would play them basically note for note and actually a lot better.

Every show was like that. I have been thinking about that since last year and with this rumor it makes sense.

bueno bob
05-24-2005, 10:17 AM

They're not going anywhere. At the end of the day, they'll do whatever Ed wants to do, so long as he puts his foot down about it. Al will NEVER leave...Mike may run for the border with Sam, but he's rock music's biggest yes man and he'll do whatever he's told to do.

bueno bob
05-24-2005, 10:31 AM

The thing about the toy is that it's very wheat!

Originally posted by bobgnote That bus is a hundred and you fans are just trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents.

I'd say it's closer to a non-bold format, kinda like the whip.

Originally posted by bobgnote You cannot have the guitar Dave needs by faker Eddie. If you are only fifteen and still got the Joe Dirt hair, and CVH is all several generations of your family can spell, then you gotta know that:

Eh? What? Oh yeah, lettuce can open the tragedy NICELY! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by bobgnote 1. you pro-Ed trolls are not just wasting your time, but TIME WARNER'S time, and their shareholders are getting ripped right off, including by sandbagging, stonewalling TROLLS on this site, geeking reunion at Dave and Stern, who just are not going that way, and never will.

Hey, man, everybody's a Trekkie deep down, so when you grab a can of soup, you have to shake it, right?

Originally posted by bobgnote 2. there is a shareholder scam going on. CVH faked, inflated Time-Warner stock, and now there just is a lot more cancer than guitar coming around after Eddie duped, Dave found out, AND THEY WILL NOT GET BACK TOGETHER BECAUSE DAVE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH EDDIE'S BOGARD AND BS, which gives anyone who knows a pain in the butt.

Bold, not so bold, even italic and what's the difference?

Originally posted by bobgnote Costs from deregulated power will really hurt music, SONY, Warner, and the cities will collapse in California, before you get any CVH. The whole game of media will change, for better or worse, but not like it HAS BEEN, where Ed gets $1.5 million and hypesters pretend that was a reasonable show rate for a hyped-up faker (NOT).

Like a dog chewing at it's paws, sometimes you just have to realize that everybody loves spaghetti once in a while! HAHAHAHAHA :D

Originally posted by bobgnote 3. you have a butt, don't you? Stern sure does. His gets fined a lot. HIS situatiion can get worse, especially if dopes like those on this site keep me out of the ALL the lineups, duping me until I quit playing.

When it comes to personal responsibility, the man is ONLINE and rockin' the sand!!

Originally posted by bobgnote 4. keep up the fanny-patter here, and you might find out Dave has a chance to dodge the bullet from the impending Warner stock collapse.

Gonna have to take the worm trip on that one...it may be that there's time yet to chew on the tail of reality...

Originally posted by bobgnote OR NOT! You guys might even get to talk, in US Court, if you get weird enough. CVH cannot happen, neither can more rock like I made in the 70s, 80s, and nudging the 90s. I cannot make riff one without getting duped. That is why I say I make a hit in three minutes, EDDIE VAN HALEN TAKES THREE YEARS, and he coasted Time Warner toward oblivion in the process of faking for 30 years!

Such are the days, and whaddaya get? Hey man, the light doesn't turn itself on, you know...sometimes you gotta push that wheel up devil hill all on your lonesome, but there are times you get suprised too, and it's not even your birthday! Keep that in mind and you may find out that the shifting sand beneath your feet isn't exactly as loose as your grandma used to preach about, yo!

Originally posted by bobgnote MAYBE Dave and Howard Stern can both duck out of the trouble Eddie and lots of other fake-rockers have been defering, while his rabid-airheads talk guitar, don't play any of it. I played, I waited, and now I get to type for gen-I, the IGNORANT generation, and for whomever else is stuck waiting here, a better place than some to wait.

When you talk, you talk, you know. Sometimes you'd better bring your own chair.

Originally posted by bobgnote 5. You feed birds, and your any squirrely-mindedness still in you might get some process, and Dave might care what you have to say, which has to get better than troopers in a stupor before he gives a RATT's *ss.

The thing about all of that was the run! :D

Originally posted by bobgnote 6. I have the numbers you all want. I'm your dude, on guitar, or give up on CLASSIC. That bus is the same as where Relay and Won't Get Fooled rolled on, in Berkeley, when all rock got duped from there, 70s. It takes me tune-up, play, and the guitar is the beat track.

At the end of the day, even the camel asks himself: "Is it salt and pepper or just Pepsi packaged up really pretty?", you know.

Originally posted by bobgnote ANY QUESTIONS WHY THAT IS BETTER THAN WAITING THREE YEARS FOR ED TO FAKE HIS WAY OUT OF CANCER, while TW fades? Get a clue, fans from Joisy or wherever. You have US Court where you live, in JOISY, where they LOVE that shot of the bros all milk-smegged. It's cheese by now, and that all got licked off by mullet boys.:confused:

GRAB IT!

BenJammin
05-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Bueno Bob... you... you....shit gotta catch my breath.... hold on....ROFLMAO!

You slayed me.

And like my hero Harry Anderson used to say "Just how long would it take a one legged monkey to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?"

LookN4AMootBeat
05-24-2005, 10:26 PM
If Ed was interested in making a reunion happen, all he'd have to do is start one with Dave and say to Al and Mike either you're in or you're out, cya later morons (but we all know the status of Ed's balls)....
and before you could blink those nitwits would change from no to a cha-chingin YEAH!

So, before everyone gives in to all the "Al hates DAve" "Al and Sammy are butt-buddies" and "Al controls this Al controls that" etc..which may or may not be true......whatever...just remember....
All Ed has to do is make a phone call to Dave and say fuck it, let's do it.....and it'd snowball from there.

Seshmeister
05-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Dave was offered support on the tour with his own band plus maybe a few joint songs at the end of the night. He knocked it back.

I think he was right to, other people disagree.

Cheers!

:gulp:

hollywood5150
05-25-2005, 12:09 AM
bottom line CVH is the ONLY VAN HALEN!

SAMMY SUCKS! van halen was good w/sammy

but w/roth VH would be bigger than the biggest household name

aerosmith, metallica, and bon jovi wouldnt be be the big dogs on rock and roll street

mtv owes alot to roth.....noth aerosmith..........

CVH should 've sold 100 million/box set not Bon Jovi

metallicas some kind of monster should be CVH 27 year anniversary documentary......

my point and bottom line CVH could have dominated the market

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
I remember reading where Ed and Alex would play CVH songs to piss Sammy off, even before they originally split with Sammy.

This started happening on the 'Balance' tour.

Ed and the band would rip through stuff like "Romeo Delight", "Mean Street" and "Beautiful Girls".

And its true Sam got pissed at this because he even said it in an interview after he left the band in '96 --- can't remember the exact quote but Sambo said, here was Ed playing stuff like 'Beautiful Girls' and other songs that I never did with him.

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by BenJammin
Bueno Bob... you... you....shit gotta catch my breath.... hold on....ROFLMAO!

You slayed me.

And like my hero Harry Anderson used to say "Just how long would it take a one legged monkey to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?"

I made about as much fuckin' sense as the idiot I was quoting...lmao

Vinnie Velvet
05-25-2005, 04:46 PM
This is an interesting story and does make some sense in terms of Ed's behavior on the Sham tour of 2004.

Is it possible Ed would've wanted Dave beside him onstage instead of Sammy??

Could be.

I still think Ed has always wanted Dave to come back, despite their differences.

Remember, it was Ed and Dave who made contact with each other first in '96.

Come on Ed! Give Dave a call!

bueno bob
05-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Amen.

Antman
05-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Vinnie Velvet
05-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Antman
Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Amen to that too.:D

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 09:53 AM
is anyone still e mailing stern c'mon ppl the army needs to keep stepping up

DrMaddVibe
05-26-2005, 10:39 AM
After the shit the sisters and bassplayer pulled in '96...It wouldn't surprise me at all if they secretly wanted a co-headline tour. They could have their cake and eat it too. They would pack the house for half the concert at least so you know that Spammy would be going on first!

After being fucked over for the sake of a greatest hits package, Roth in my opinion will not settle for anything less than total control of the situation. That is why there hasn't been another reunion or new material. Dave is justified in doing this too. They leveraged more royalties for the "Good Stuff", and fucked him, they lured him into the studio with the guise that he was back in the band and fucked him. Dave has been raked over in the media as being a has-been or not a viable option for the rock world. The opposite of the rumors lies the truth. His albums are more in line with what CVH was than the garbage Van Hagar or Gay Halen put out!

If Ed is so wrecked about the whole thing he KNOWS what he has to do! He hasn't and at this stage of the game I don't think he will. He fleeced the remaining sheep with the last tour and he's happy to limp off into the sunset with his bad health, his bad image, his bad legacy and his bad music.

The irony of the whole thing would be that Roth has always hired the best man as replacements for Ed. He misses him and he wouldn't do it otherwise. Now he has the best shot to show the world that he IS Van Halen with the current line-up from his last tour...release the studio album that NEEDS to be out during the Summer (remember that everyone?!?) and hire Ed as the opening act!

Unless Dave gets it back in spades for all of the bullshit he's had to endure at the hands of the sisters and the other mindless twits that have taken the stage with them then all of the time wasted would be in vain to see them together onstage again. They don't deserve to be in the RRHOF with the tarnished legacy. Only the Diamond Dave can restore it back to its pristine condition. If Alice and bassplayer want to go along for the ride more power to them, but if not fuck them. Leave the "baggage" at home and slice the pie 2 ways! Let Dave & Ed stand alone at the induction ceremony with cardboard cutouts!

Redballjets88
05-26-2005, 10:45 AM
it wouldnt matter if mike and alex didnt play with them...direct quote from my mom who is like the average fan "i always knew who dlr was and eddie van halen...i just didnt know..or really care who the other guys were" fuck mike and alex and get the show on the road

Vinnie Velvet
05-26-2005, 01:03 PM
There was always a running joke back in the 80s that Mike Anthony would be mistaken to be the cable guy!

That's how much people knew him.

Jurak
05-26-2005, 10:27 PM
So let them.......

Dave's Bitch
05-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

LOL, did they haha thats good

Dave's Bitch
05-29-2005, 08:55 AM
no sammy song is anything compared to songs like hot for teacher and jump

Jurak
05-30-2005, 11:18 PM
word.. :D

Cathedral
05-31-2005, 02:22 AM

POW, and Al and Mike can leave if they want to, that's fine with me.
I never went to a CVH concert to see Al or Mike, and if neither wants to play nice?
Dave has a kick ass Drummer and Bassist to fill that void.

I went to the shows to see Ed and Dave gel, and gel they did.
Not to knock Al and Mike's contributions to the legacy, but like i said, if they don't want to play ball, there's the door.

I say this because i firmly believe that if Dave and Ed were to do something without the two other cunts THAT tour would STILL outsell the garbage train that roamed the venues last year.

I think what needs to happen here is that Mike and Al need to shut the fuck up and re-learn what it was that got them where they are, and though they were involved, they didn't write shit.
Ed was the writer of the music and Dave was tha master at the lyrics and at the end of the day, Al and Mike were tagalongs at best.

Mike is a yes boy, he does what Ed wants him to do and even said so in a few interviews. Al is Mikes only foot stool and the two of them together can influence Ed and his decisions.

That also said, I think it was bueno bob who stated Ed has the trump card in all of it.
If Edward truly wants to work with Roth again, even just for the money, then it WILL happen and it WILL sell tickets like a $2 whore stepping on a ship that has been at see for 16 months.

And after all that being said?
I personally believe that the bottom has to fall out of Ed, Mike and Al's bank accounts before they give the fans what they damn sure know we want.
I have heard them say that money has nothing to do with it.
Famous last words of a Millionaire, eh?
Sure money isn't a factor when your sitting on bags full of the shit, remove that and add some fear as to how they are going to maintain their rich lifestyles...and that dog will most definately hunt, folks.

That is what makes the failure of the last tour so sweet, it points us and them in the direction of a coming day when Rock History will be made.
I for one want to see Van Whatever attempt to find success without Dave because it will cost them money they are too stupid, apparently, to know they won't make back or profit from.

Bottom line:
Their failure without Dave will benefit not only Dave himself, but every fan of CVH that ever dropped some cash to buy the six pack.

They can't fight it and the only option will be retirement.
They can't sell a product nobody wants, that's burger Flipping 101 lessons right there.

I have gone this long not being satisfied by Ed and his attitude, I can go the distance or accept that it will never happen should that be the case.
But Ed is our Ace in the hole, he's greedy and knows what is like to be hungry. He needs to be hungry again and at that point no dissention from Al or Mike will stop him from calling Dave.

bobgnote
05-31-2005, 06:36 PM
When DAVE stands up for himself, he says stuff about organs.

When does he play GOLF? I would play golf more.

Those who play GOLF sometimes figure out WHAT ABOUT BOB, etc., since Bill Murray and ED go to all those tourneys.

Why DAVE hasn't got any more ORGAN remarks to keep the VH poodles on this site from trolling, I don't know. IS CVH valuable?
Who thinks SAMMY controls CVH? He may have a say in only a way.

I can cook up CVH in three minutes, on a bad guitar. Top that, Jimmy.

DLR'sCock
06-01-2005, 12:04 AM
A friend of mine works for WDHA radio, and told me a rumor that he heard from micheal anthony at the Atlantic City spammy show.. He heard that the reason for the tour delay, and the reason's why the songs took awhile to come out, and to be worked on was because they were waiting to see if Dave wanted to do the cd and tour. I heard that "It's about time" Musically, was written for dave?!?!?! crazy, right?? Dave said he would not tour with sammy, and sammy said he would not tour with dave. Alex was actually happy with the situation, and said something along the lines of, we don't need roth to mess things up.. The idea came from the sam and dave tour. I guess, promoters figured they could do it, since sammy toured with dave.. Ed was up for it.. (suprise) so don't rule out a vh reunion. its alex we have to worry about.. Anyway, dave said no to both ideas. And told ed, or whoever to do it with sammy or me. Alex picked sammy.. And i'm guessing ed might of been out voted.. He was out voted on everything. Alex, and Sam were kinda running the show.. And ed rebelled the entire tour.. During soundcheck ed would play CVH perfectly to piss sam off, and then when the show came on, he royally would screw up every song.. If this rumor is true, maybe its dave's turn, who know's.... But if al, and mike say no.. i dunno if ed will go along with it.. But if its true.. Big props to DLR.. The man could of made a lot of fuckin' money, but he took the high road.. He wants to do it right, and we want to see it right... Who know's if this is true.. On another note of the story.. After mike quickly talking about that, he countinued to mention that he would rather play with sam's band, cause its "on the beach everynight" whatever.... i don't understand why you want to play in a band, that your not really apart of.. Hopefully, they all realize where they fuckin' came from, and what they should be doing!!!! I honestly will say this, it sounds like ed is a drunk, but he sounds like the only one that is ready.. And dave.. =)
I would love to hear dave sing "Death By Hollywood"

So Scott from the tour bus told you this?? hmmmm, well if it's true, fuck al and mike, they never wrote anything anyway, it was all Dave and Ed...

Ed call Dave!!!

FasterPussycat
06-01-2005, 12:53 AM
DLR'SCOCK...I like that name