X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jedwanderous
    Roth Army Recruit
    • May 2005

San Diego Show

I want to get some feed back on the San Diego show. Setlist? Quality of show? Quality of Dave's voice? I hear that the guitarist wasn't great. What do people think of Russ Parrish from the Atomic Punks? Would he be a good replacement for Dave's latest guitarist? Thoughts?
    jedwanderous
  • DR CHIP
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

The current guitarist plays Van Halen better than Ed can....

Comment

• academic punk
      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

russ, or jed, or whatever you're calling yourself, you'd make a fine guitarist for Dave's band. But as a person...

Comment

• jedwanderous
        Roth Army Recruit
        • May 2005

If you've already seen Dave and/or Van Harlen a couple times is it worth it to go see him again or is it a let down? Are you better off seeing the Punks who can recreate him (and all of CVH) at his peek? I understand that people who haven't seen Dave before would want to see him, but what about people who saw him at his best, like on the 1984 tour, are they better off seeing the Punks? Or to boil it down, do the Punks do a better imitation of CVH than Dave does now?
        jedwanderous

Comment

• Foozwah
          Roadie
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jedwanderous
          If you've already seen Dave and/or Van Harlen a couple times is it worth it to go see him again or is it a let down? Are you better off seeing the Punks who can recreate him (and all of CVH) at his peek? I understand that people who haven't seen Dave before would want to see him, but what about people who saw him at his best, like on the 1984 tour, are they better off seeing the Punks? Or to boil it down, do the Punks do a better imitation of CVH than Dave does now?
          I guess that depends on what kinda person you are, Jed.

I mean, do you prefer the real thing, or an artificial substitute?

For example, are you the kinda guy that likes to have sex with a real person...or a plastic doll?

The choice is up to you.

Comment

• tcc_dc
            Full On Cocktard
            • May 2005

Jed...as I said in my review, I thought Dave looked and sounded great...1984, it will never be again and to wish it was with Dave or any musician is wishful thinking. I thought Dave kicked some a$$. He was really into the show and the crowd.

Was the band the greatest? No, but to me it was all about Dave, and he still is the man!!!!! Until Dave takes over the lead for the Atomic Punks, they will always be second rate compared to dave in my opinion.

The brilliance of Dave is that he is a showman and still has that part down. Even when he flubbed the words in one song, he was able to crack a joke and make up for it.

tcc

Comment

• DLRisGOD
              Roadie
              • Apr 2005

You simply can't replace Dave with a resonable facsimile, guys!

That's like trying to replace Michael Jordan with Lebron James!

There's only one genuine article and Dave's The One...

Although I can suspend my disbelief when I go to an Atomic Punks show, it still won't be better than having the legend himself standing mere feet away from me on stage performing material that he made famous.
              Without DLR in the lineup, Van Halen is merely Rat Salade...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

An imitation is just that, an imitation fuck wad.

See Dave as often as you can, you only live once.

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

Re: San Diego Show

Originally posted by jedwanderous
                  I want to get some feed back on the San Diego show. Setlist? Quality of show? Quality of Dave's voice? I hear that the guitarist wasn't great. What do people think of Russ Parrish from the Atomic Punks? Would he be a good replacement for Dave's latest guitarist? Thoughts?
                  PLEASE GOD, NO!

DON'T LET IT START SO SOON!

Comment

• Figs
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

rock on...

Comment

Working...