Anyone else seen "The Passion Of The Christ" yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Anyone else seen "The Passion Of The Christ" yet?

I went and saw this movie last night, and I gotta say, it is the most graphic, brutal film I've ever sit through, by far. Just about the whole movie was hard to watch, but there were a couple of scenes that were especially hard to watch. The part where they're whipping him with that weapon that had all that sharp stuff on it, which tore out hunks of flesh, and the part where they're nailing him to the cross. Watching him struggle to carry the cross whilst being whipped relentlessly the whole way was difficult, also. Overall, I thought it was a very good film that was very well done...the acting is top notch. The guy that played Jesus did a superb job,and he should get Oscars for best actor and best performance, IMO. After the movie was over, everyone just sat there in a daze staring at the screen when the lights came on...some were crying on the way out, and others were walking around in a zombie-like trance state with a dazed look on their faces. The violence and sheer brutality in this film is very shocking, and this is one movie that you sure as hell don't want to take small children to...it will traumatize them.
    Last edited by Little Texan; 03-02-2004, 04:45 PM.
  • Switch84
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Not yet

I'm waiting for the church crowd rush to subside before I go to see it. Local churches here in the Atlanta metro area have bought up all of the seats in blocks! Some are even renting entire theatres to see this flick! Maybe next week I'll check it out.
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Re: Anyone else seen "The Passion Of The Christ" yet?

Originally posted by Little Texan
      I went and saw this movie last night, and I gotta say, it is the most graphic, brutal film I've ever sit through, by far. Just about the whole movie was hard to watch, but there were a couple of scenes that were especially hard to watch. The part where they're whipping him with that weapon that had all that sharp stuff on it, which tore out hunks of flesh, and the part where they're nailing him to the cross.
      I saw it. I already knew the ending, though.

Seriously, the Romans were bastards. Historical accounts state this is how they actually flogged and scourged their victims, and not just Christ. Not quite the neat and tidy portrayal one reads in the Bible, is it?
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• seenbad
        Commando
        • Jan 2004

Yeah, I saw it. I think the book was better.
        sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Did anyone ever see that film "The last Temptation of Christ" (I think thats what it was called. There was a scene in there where Jesus takes a dump in a frypan and Mary eats it. (Or something like that !!)

Bizzarro !
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• High Life Man
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

I love fairy tales.

If you want to see a brutal movie, rent "Irrevesible." It came out in France (i think) in 2002 and was released in the States in 2003.

A good movie with some brutally honest scenes. Not for the faint of heart.

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

Im waiting for the video game to come out on the PS2. Kidding.
              Actualy the sequel will be awesome...again. Kidding.

Seriously though was the Passion of Christ sub-titled? someone told me it was, and that was my only turn off. I dont need to hear them speak. But I hate reading and watching a movie at the same time.
              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• DLRSLAVE

I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago and it's stupid remarks as these that makes me keep my reactions/comments to myself or PM
                someone who has an intelligent comment on this subject.

Comment

• seenbad
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLRSLAVE
                  I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago and it's stupid remarks as these that makes me keep my reactions/comments to myself or PM
                  someone who has an intelligent comment on this subject.
                  DLRSLAVE, I'm not url dropping, just providing an alternative that may have contained some of the discussion you might have been looking for on this.

Here
                  sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles

Seriously though was the Passion of Christ sub-titled? someone told me it was, and that was my only turn off. I dont need to hear them speak. But I hate reading and watching a movie at the same time.
                    It is, bud there really isnt that much of it, not as much as one might expect.....
                    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

Cool good to know. Looks like the DLRSlave didn't like my comment. Oh well. Not everyone has a sense of humour. Then again, Ive learned not everyone has a real purpose either. LOL

Thanks Bug, your cool dude!
                      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Full Bug
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles

Thanks Bug, your cool dude!
                        I know Hitch would agree with that statement.......:p
                        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• DLRSLAVE

OMG...WHATEVER

Comment

• DLRSLAVE

Yes BT it is subtitle if you can read it's not to hard to follow. And if
                            you can't the Passion of the movie is overwhelming enough for anyone
                            to understand. (humorous enough for you LOL)

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

actualy yes. LOL That was pretty good.

Comment

Working...