PDA

View Full Version : Edd's magic marker on the back of his guitar neck

col5150
05-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Did anyone actually believe the clip before the sham-my tour, where edd was interviewed showing his guitar neck with magic marker lines all down it beacause he couldnt remember where to play his bar chords. Surely for a man that had been so busy puttin down his ten albums worth of guitar tracks,he would have been better than this.

maybe im just clinging on to the old Eddie and hoping the guy isnt as bad as everyones heard. that video clip was like a , what the fuck happened to eddie van halen moment?

during the 3 album shite or not the guy could clearly still play

i mean th guy sounds like he can bearly talk now let alone play. Remember the story of edd at the peavey stand at namm when he started crying.

i think ive pretty much given up on evh seems like he aint worth waitin for anymore, even if he did bang his head hard enough to realise roth was the only way to go.

Would it even be worth hearing???

depressing aint it!

Redballjets88
05-25-2005, 07:13 PM
yeah i dont think he cares anymore he is just money/power hungry

mattiew23m
05-25-2005, 07:22 PM
From what i remember Eddie always put markings on his guitar.. Especially during the dave era years.. But what the hell do i know, i'm only 24 lol :) And he isn't playing old music in his studio, i'm sure he is working on new stuff or nothing.. I'm not trying to stick up for eddie, he is fuckin' out of it, but i can tell he wants the cvh lineup back, but the rest of the band is just saying he is crazy, and drunk. Best thing to do would be for ed to sober up a little.. I say, still have a drink or two on stage.. Let diamond dave watch your drinking.. I remember seeing a bootleg, and seeing black markings on the guitar.. And then i remember something on mtv in the 80's (grr hagar years) talking about not reading music, and sometimes marking his guitars.. so i dunno... I actually got the special around 95, it was the second year sam was in the band, i believe it talked about the monsters of rock tour.. Someone sent it to me in 95, because again, i'm only 24... I remember that i was fuckin' 12 t hou when i got into these guys, wow get the show on the road with dave, i'm seeing life flash before me...

col5150
05-25-2005, 07:53 PM
i just listened to the most recent two dorks interview. I got it off http://www.guitars101.com and it actually sounds like edd wants to make music. if youaint heard it check it out, he comes across like no one else wanted to do jack they just wanted to make some money. Theres also some boots from the 2004 tour and edd sounds pretty good on most of them, Dont get me wrong you still need to try blocking hagars screech out while your listening.

peace out

guwapo_rocker
05-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Ed marked the top of his neck because he was lying on

his back for half of his solo(nap).

guwapo_rocker
05-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Still waiting on the help desk, might have to cancel my account.

Maybe it's me, I am gunned!!!:D

Big Fat Sammy
05-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Still waiting on the help desk, might have to cancel my account.

Maybe it's me, I am gunned!!!:D

You sure are...WRONG THREAD!!!

LMAO :D :D :D :D :D :D

mattiew23m
05-25-2005, 09:17 PM
are you sure its the wrong thread lol i mean it is an eddie van halen related topic hahahha j/k but yes the 2dorks interview eddie almost sounds pissed that he just can't get the music out there... Its easy for the rest of the band to pick on him, cause his health took a dive, and he drinks again. All they have to say is, ehh eddie is a drunk, and doesn't want to do anything.. And a lot of us don't trust eddie, so we say ehh could be true.. But, i'm not buying it... Sammy Hagar used van halen to try to boost his solo career AGAIN, and to continue tequila sales.. Ed don't be a pussy and wait for old man spammy gaygar to come around.. Call dave, and make the band bad ass again.. You can actually have fun on tour with dave!!! AND YOUR SINGLE!!! DOOD get the fuck out there..

guwapo_rocker
05-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Nope, I knew where I was, I was just continuing a thought

from post 5 to 6.

Anyway....fuck you both, I'm pissed off at my web host so gimmie a

break!:D

Terry
05-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I mean, far as having to place magic marker on his neck to help him remember where fingerings are for certain tunes.....man, fuckin' lazy! Sounds like Ed just needed to, um, you know...........er................................P RACTICE?

Maybe laying off the bottle would help, too.

AMP187
05-25-2005, 10:40 PM
didnt eddie loses a ton of his tongue from tongue cancer? dunno bout that marker shit though

mattiew23m
05-25-2005, 10:49 PM
if you listen closely hahaha ed screams when he sings back up.. He also try's to imitate dave a little.. ya know he is itching for a reunion.. Another hillarious moment.. I know you guys don't wanna listen, but i listened cause i loved hearing him fuck up hagar tunes, was during "why can't this be love" where he sings, and totally fucks up.. He say's "i forgot the fuckin' words" or "i forgot the words" its hard to tell cause of his tougne problem.. but its hillarious.. :) even durning jump soundcheck he fucks around... mikey is like "who said that" and eddie just says "i dunno" "i dunno" lol i think its funny as hell.. Ed and dave combined would be a blast!

mattiew23m
05-25-2005, 10:50 PM
now i'm posting stuff on the wrong threads lol

Hardrock69
05-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Shit man if he was worth a fuck he would hardly need to look at his neck....magic markers or not.

HEY ANYBODY GOT SOME GODDAM CRAYOLA CRAYONS FOR THIS GUY????

EDDIEVRULZ
05-26-2005, 12:37 AM
one thing you have to remember, eddie uses totally unfinished guitar necks. its just wood carved into a neck. no sealer, and probably no dots. i would suspect that is why he marks them. ive been playing for 15 years and if i didnt have the dots, id get lost at times. HOWEVER, if this is why he does it, he obviously put them on the wrong frets of his neck for this last tour.

Big Fat Sammy
05-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Shit man if he was worth a fuck he would hardly need to look at his neck....magic markers or not.

HEY ANYBODY GOT SOME GODDAM CRAYOLA CRAYONS FOR THIS GUY????

His neck is the least of his worries...he had magic marker all over his body! :D Anybody have one of those pics?

Panamark
05-26-2005, 02:48 AM
I dont need no stinkin markers !

Try closing your eyes and playing a song you know
really well, you will be surprised at how you can get
by without fret markers..

Use the Force !!!

Big Fat Sammy
05-26-2005, 02:56 AM
Its usually so dark on my side of the stage that markers are useless anyway...

Bedtime...This site is taking up too much of my time I think...it seemed like 10 PM just a minute ago. Fuck its 3 now.

EDDIEVRULZ
05-26-2005, 03:02 AM
ya, but your stage, just like mine, doesnt have 1000 58 par cans shining down! lol. who cares. he sucked last tour. (except for that fucking version of "im the one" during soundcheck. wow!)

tjvhou812
05-26-2005, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
His neck is the least of his worries...he had magic marker all over his body! :D Anybody have one of those pics?

thats a sweet pic

one flew over the cuckoos nest.....lmao

DrMaddVibe
05-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
I dont need no stinkin markers !

Try closing your eyes and playing a song you know
really well, you will be surprised at how you can get
by without fret markers..

Use the Force !!!

Hardrock69
05-26-2005, 09:59 AM
LAFF MY FUCKING ASS OFF AT THE KIDS!!!!

And the Cuckoos NEst pic is priceless!!!

:D

NATEDOG001976
05-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Ed is too drunk now, he needs all the help he can get!

stringfelowhawk
06-12-2005, 01:16 AM
A little off topic but it pertains to the marker subject.

A few years ago when Clapton got inducted to the hall of "shame" for the third time as a solo artist I remember that prick Robbie Roberson from The Band, or what the fuck ever playing with him. I forget the song but he was just trying his damnest to show "Slowhand" up. I mean, it was almost comical the way he was gyrating and his facial expressions when he would bend a chord etc. He was watching every single note he played and they both took solos in this song. So Robbie's done and its Clapton's turn and the very first thing I notice after watching Robbie and his entire "body animation" is Clapton is playing so freakin smooth and it looks like he's not putting any effort into it at all. He has his eyes closed and he's playing completely from the heart. My point being, he's not playing from memory, he's playing from the way it feels and that was the difference between watching Robbie play and then watching Clapton play. I haven't seen a show, boot or otherwise where Eddie played from feel since the US festival. Granted, I haven't had the opportunity to check out some of the 84 boots etc but that was the last show I saw where it looked like he wasn't trying to remember what chords to play.
All I'm saying, is it seems to me that Eddie has been playing guitar long enough he shouldn't need anything to help him remember where his fingers should go for any of his music. Personally I can't stand Van Hagar and I cringe everytime that farce is even brought up but it seems to me that if he does need help to remember how to play his own music, he's not mentally or phycically healthy enough to be playing anyones music.
I feel for the guy. I really hope he gets his life together soon. As long as all four members are alive I'll always have a glimmer of hope but believe me, I do not lose sleep over the fact it hasn't happened.

I'm a bit curious about how it would make Ed feel to know Jeff Healey don't forget how to play his own shit being that he can't see where to place his hands. From the boots I've seen of him he doesn't use any kind of touch marker like braile to guide him either. Yes, I know what braile is even if I can't spell it. I have an aunt and uncle who are both blind and were my legal guardians till I graduated high school. The whole improved senses talk is true and I can attest to it. Try sneaking a girl in the house. Even though we never made a sound ie. No squeaking hinges, floor boards, foot falls, knocks, tips, nudges, silent farts etc. but being caught cause of our "decreased breath rythm" in an attempt to stay quiet.

I SHIT YOU NOT!!!!

Jahuli
08-05-2005, 03:11 AM
"And then i remember something on mtv in the 80's (grr hagar years) talking about not reading music"
quote from mattiew23m

i thought ed could read music isnt he a classical pianist?

col5150
08-05-2005, 03:20 AM
close classical penis

GAR
08-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by col5150
Surely for a man that had been so busy puttin down his ten albums worth of guitar tracks,he would have been better than this.

You don't get it yet, do you?

THERE IS NO "10 ALBUMS IN THE CAN" only "10 ounces of a 40 OUNCE BEER IN THE CAN" around the studio-slash-garage-slash-storage unit.

Remember, he fired his studio technician in March of last year for sleeping on the couch. My question is; why was the fucker sleeping on the couch unless he had recordings to output and master INTO 10 FUCKING CANNED ALBUMS???

"In the can" means only one thing in the Van Halen Hemishere.. as in, Take a message, I'm in the toilet and no I'm not throwing up again just a.. I'll be a while, take a message."

GAR
08-05-2005, 02:30 PM
"In the can" everywhere else in the western world, applied to recording live sound, means it's fucking FINISHED and ready for release.

Which it is not or else that "engineer" woulda leaked shit to the innernet by now for sure.