PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek Was Right!

steve
05-26-2005, 12:34 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050526/ap_on_re_us/guantanamo_quran

last week's post:
posted:_ 05-20-2005 at 03:27 PM
Re: Newsweek
Seems to me the media os overloking something in the rush to judge Newsweek...

My thoughts:
1. News media - liberal and conservative, routinely use unidentified sources. Hell, Drudge is the best example of this.
2. In the past, this particular unidentified source had been extremely reliable - no one disputes this.
3. Newsweek claims, and the the Pentagon confirmed, that Newsweek ran the story by them and no one there re-butted the story.

It was only AFTER all of this that the source said that his facts MIGHT not have been true.

Was the source outed?
Was the source pressured?

Seems to me that is far more likely - logically speaking from the sequence of events - a sequence not in dispute.

It seems to me that if the story is not true, it is not due to poor reporting on Newsweek's part.

[Post #1]

Originally posted by steve
Seems to me the media os overloking something in the rush to judge Newsweek...

My thoughts:
1. News media - liberal and conservative, routinely use unidentified sources. Hell, Drudge is the best example of this.
2. In the past, this particular unidentified source had been extremely reliable - no one disputes this.
3. Newsweek claims, and the the Pentagon confirmed, that Newsweek ran the story by them and no one there re-butted the story.

It was only AFTER all of this that the source said that his facts MIGHT not have been true.

Was the source outed?
Was the source pressured?

Seems to me that is far more likely - logically speaking from the sequence of events - a sequence not in dispute.

It seems to me that if the story is not true, it is not due to poor reporting on Newsweek's part.

quick quote

steve
05-26-2005, 12:40 AM
...the accuracy of Newsweek aside, I am not so offended about kicking a book around or flushing it down a toilet...unless it was Hamlet, or Crazy From the Heat.

vanzilla
05-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Wasn't Jeff Gannon the reporter who wrote that Newsweek story?

Dr. Love
05-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Steve, you already have a thread on this topic here - http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21593

This thread is still on the first page of this forum, so I am at a loss for the need of this thread. Please continue your line of thought on your original thread.

Thanks.