Clear All
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

So It's Only Iraqi Insurregents?

I sure as HELL never believed that lie!

May 26, 9:06 AM (ET)

By EDITH M. LEDERER

UNITED NATIONS (AP) - Syria has arrested more than 1,200 people trying to cross the border into Iraq in recent weeks and sent many back to their home countries because of suspicions they were trying to join the insurgency, Syria's U.N. ambassador said.

Fayssal Mekdad also denied rumors that terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi may be seeking shelter in Syria.

Mekdad said Syria suspected that those arrested - mostly foreigners - intended to carry out illegal activities in Iraq. They were sent back to Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Libya and other countries, he said.

"We gave a lot of information to the United States on these issues, which prevented many attacks, but regrettably, the United States did not recognize such kind of help," he said in an interview.

Syria's ambassador to the United States, Imad Mustafa, said Tuesday that Syria had stopped security and military cooperation with the United States in the past few months after Washington failed to respond to repeated Syrian overtures. Mekdad said contacts continued "until a few weeks ago."

Syria provided the United States with intelligence on al-Qaida after the Sept. 11 attacks. But President Bush ordered sanctions against Damascus a year ago after longstanding complaints that Syria was supporting terrorism and undermining U.S. efforts in Iraq - allegations it denies.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has steadily stepped up her rhetorical attack, from saying Syria was not doing enough to guard the border with Iraq to accusing it of permitting insurgents to stage their operations from Syria.

Syria has also been mentioned in speculation about the whereabouts of terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the chief of al-Qaida in Iraq, following an Internet statement on Tuesday calling on Muslims to pray for his life. Competing statements on his health and whereabouts followed.

The mystery deepened Wednesday after reports that two Arab doctors in another country were treating al-Zarqawi, who is wanted for some of the deadliest attacks in Iraq.

Mekdad denied any Syrian involvement with al-Zarqawi.

"These are silly rumor made by enemies of Syria - those who want to distort the image of Syria and its efforts to eliminate international terrorism," Mekdad said.

"This is meant to damage also the relations between Syria and Iraq, and the contribution of Syria to the Iraqi struggle against dictatorship," he said.

Speaking of terrorists trying to enter Iraq, Mekdad stressed that "Syria has never been friendly to such elements who are declared enemies of Syria as well."

The United States accuses Syria of harboring organizations Washington says promote terrorism, including Hamas and Hezbollah. For 29 years, Syria also controlled much of Lebanon - but the Feb. 14 assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Hariri touched off anti-Syrian protests that led to last month's pullout of all Syrian troops from Lebanon.

A U.N. military team on Monday verified the troop withdrawal but said it couldn't be certain all intelligence operatives had left Lebanon.

State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said this issue remains "an open question" and that the U.S. will be looking at available evidence about Syria's possible intelligence presence and any attempts to exercise influence, especially in Lebanon's upcoming elections.

Syria views the verification team's report as "very positive," Mekdad said. "It confirms the withdrawal of Syrian troops, and intelligence apparatus and assets as requested by the Security Council."

"On our part, we have withdrawn everybody. We have done the maximum so there is no need to have any intelligence assets there," he said.

"Lebanon is an open country with an open media, and nobody has complained that there are any Syrian intelligence operatives there. If they do, we will take action immediately," Mekdad said.
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif
  • 4moreyears
    Commando
    • Oct 2004

According to Ford al-Zarqawi does not exist.

JH

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by 4moreyears
      According to Ford al-Zarqawi does not exist.

JH
      Prove that he does.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• 4moreyears
        Commando
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Prove that he does.
        You have not proved that he does not.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Burden of proof is on the BCE and their supporters, as they're the one using this modern day Emmanuel Goldstein as an excuse for continuation of an illegal war.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I don't recall anybody saying that ALL of the insurgents are Iraqis. In fact the only lies I heard re: this are LUCKY's contention that all of the insurgents are foreign fighters which is clearly not the case. I think the military estimates that no more than 10%-20% are non-Iraqis:

Military,Operations,Southwest Asia,Reconstruction,military information, military systems, military facilities, military agencies, military industry, military operations, military countries, military documents, military news, military reports, military policy, military budget, military links, global security, homeland security, military, intelligence, wmd, space, public eye

They are a hodge-podge of groups with different motivations and agendas and one common enemy (US). But the vast majority ARE IRAQIS. There are as many as 40,000 after all!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Burden of proof is on the BCE and their supporters, as they're the one using this modern day Emmanuel Goldstein as an excuse for continuation of an illegal war.

What's the BCE????
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• bobgnote
                Banned
                • May 2005

Ever hear of GODFREY OF BOULLION?

Godfrey was this Crusader who took massed horse/lance guys all the way into Jerusalem in 1099, where they whacked 40K muslims for being men, women, and children, etc.

Godfrey has the same initials as Halliburton-pimping C in C GW Bush, doesn't he. Add Ari Fleischer to the Bill Clinton-Sharon-Rabin hit 11/3/95-Oslo disparagement by sending more illegal settlers, and you have a lot of what happened to make those planes crash.

GW Bush had Sec'y Powell diss Sharon some November 2001, AFTER the illegal settlements, disparagement of Arafat tack really went down.
                The settlements are still somehow an issue, they SHOULDN'T be.

Israel does not belong in post-Islamic Palestine. That is why Zimmy goes on about baby blue. There never were any Aramaic tortfeasors to haggle with over the post WWI ethnic cleansing, including the British bombings of Baghdad and Damascus in 1926, which with the Allenby blitz up Palestine in 1918 enabled by Lawrence and the Arabs the British and French and League SCREWED caused WWII to be a holocaust-centered event.

The ARAMAIC tribes were just one of the pre-Roman occupation conquerors, the Jews still in Palestine at the time of Jesus had to deal with, before Palestine was occupied by the Ottomans, pre-Israel. Hey, Mel's movie! ARAMAIC was why we had subtitles. The ARABS were who got ethnic cleansed, Saddam was on $25 a week from the CIA when he was a law student in Cairo, and all Dubya thinks he needs for a modern economy in Afghanistan is pomegranites and a bigass DRUG WAR. What a dangerous idiot he is, with lots of stupids to vote for him, thanks to the Democrats and their random breeding and import programs. Karsai is probably as good as dead, soon as Dubya starts house-to-house looking for smack in Afghanistan.

The failure of the US administrations to be at all reasonable or rational dooms big live concerts and maybe also pro sports, eventually. They will lose to cost increases, one way or another, even if no event comes along with direct cost in lives, for a terror attack.
                Last edited by bobgnote; 05-26-2005, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  I don't recall anybody saying that ALL of the insurgents are Iraqis. In fact the only lies I heard re: this are LUCKY's contention that all of the insurgents are foreign fighters which is clearly not the case. I think the military estimates that no more than 10%-20% are non-Iraqis:

Military,Operations,Southwest Asia,Reconstruction,military information, military systems, military facilities, military agencies, military industry, military operations, military countries, military documents, military news, military reports, military policy, military budget, military links, global security, homeland security, military, intelligence, wmd, space, public eye

They are a hodge-podge of groups with different motivations and agendas and one common enemy (US). But the vast majority ARE IRAQIS. There are as many as 40,000 after all!
                  for the second time don't say i said something unless i said it:

guerilla war is a war waged by indiginous people. zarqawi isn't an iraqi. most of the forieners aren't saudis. it's mostly syrians, iranians and lebanese and its way more then 10%

------------------

and this news only proves that fact also if i don't post for 24-36 hours don't bring up my name. if theres been a fair amount of time between posts i'm off doing something and i don't need people contacting me saying my name has been brought up even though i'm not around and i don't need to divert my attention or resources to correcting something thats minor or major. before someone says why am i correcting it i don't need it out there that i said this or that or did this or that.
                  Last edited by lucky wilbury; 05-26-2005, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by lucky wilbury

guerilla war is a war waged by indiginous people.
                    Exactly, and we're in one.

zarqawi isn't an iraqi. most of the forieners aren't saudis. it's mostly syrians, iranians and lebanese and its way more then 10%

Zarqawi's Jordanian, but he's far rom the only one fighting us. And I could have sworn that you implied, if not implicitly said, that the majority of the Iraqi resistance is foreign.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

also if i don't post for 24-36 hours don't bring up my name.

Get over yourself

The Geneva Convention clearly states we can bring up your stupid name any fucking time we wish in times of war.
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Let me bottom line it for ya, Lucky, if I may..........

WE PLAYED RIGHT INTO THEIR HANDS.

This is an Islamic Radical's FUCKING WET DREAM

The "great satan" has done EXACTLTY what they predicted we would....
                        Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Exactly, and we're in one.

Zarqawi's Jordanian, but he's far rom the only one fighting us. And I could have sworn that you implied, if not implicitly said, that the majority of the Iraqi resistance is foreign.
                          most of it is. everything from personal to tactics is forgien in origin. the playbook is right out of chechnya. most of the iraq stuff as i've said before is mostly criminals doing it to make money. it is also why i've said that if it was a guerilla war the whole country would be a problem but its not. its a small section where foregien fighters have sympathitc people helping them. here do this google: foreign fighters fallujah or better yet foreign fighters fallujah islamic law pick your our site and read it. you can read up on how they've tried to install islamic law in fallujah. if it was a guerrila war of only iraqis i doubt they would be installing islamic law anywhere.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

and this news only proves that fact also if i don't post for 24-36 hours don't bring up my name. if theres been a fair amount of time between posts i'm off doing something and i don't need people contacting me saying my name has been brought up even though i'm not around and i don't need to divert my attention or resources to correcting something thats minor or major. before someone says why am i correcting it i don't need it out there that i said this or that or did this or that.
                            What's a matter Agent Z? Does Porter think you're spending too much time monitoring this website?
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                              Get over yourself

The Geneva Convention clearly states we can bring up your stupid name any fucking time we wish in times of war.

umm no. unlike you i have things to do that take me away from computers for a large amount of time and if i don't post for 24-36-48 hours theres a good chance it'll be 24-36-48 or more DAYS before i'm back around and i don't need people talk shit when i'm not here then saying i didn't respond blah blah blah. its been a courtsey in the fornt line/war zone to not talk shit about people behind their backs when their not here. nobody bad mouths or even talks about ford when he takes his vaction in late july/early augest and he's not here for weeks on end. during that time its usually pretty dull anyway since congress isn't in session but still no one talks smack. same goes for anyone else who hasen't posted in a bit in here.

Comment

Working...