PDA

View Full Version : Did Guns & Roses ever open up for Dave in 1988?

Wolverine
05-27-2005, 11:08 AM
What happened?? Did GnR get to open for dave in 1988??

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 01:46 PM
no

Loons The Great
05-27-2005, 04:22 PM
I belieb dey were both on the same bill at one of dem ol' Monsters Of Rock yez yez...I could be right, could be wrong, you sho' gonn' miss me when Ise gone...Wrongdoers respect me...

DLR'sCock
05-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Yes, they did, at Monster of Rock in England. David was more towards the top of the bill, and GnR were way at the bottom...

The Lineup was:

Iron Maiden
David Lee Roth
Kiss
Ozzy
Megadeth
Guns n Roses
Anthrax
Testament
Helloween

DLR7884
05-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
no

See this is what I'm trying to teach you.

Don't post about something unless you are sure....it doesn't open you up for ridicule.

DLR7884
**Sorry guys, she's in training**

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
See this is what I'm trying to teach you.

Don't post about something unless you are sure....it doesn't open you up for ridicule.

DLR7884
**Sorry guys, she's in training**

sorry boss,ill ppay more attention to you next time

DLR7884
05-27-2005, 09:13 PM
sorry boss,ill ppay more attention to you next time

:)

That's my girl!

DLR784

Dave's Bitch
05-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884

That's my girl!

DLR784

LOL

Antman
05-27-2005, 09:45 PM
I do remember that GNR was supposed to open for Dave in 88 in the US but Poison ended up opening for most of the US shows. I forgot what exactly happened.

monkeythe
05-27-2005, 10:33 PM
As a side note, a few people dies during the GnR set and the Brit press reported them as dying during Dave's set. During '88 GnR spent the summer touring with Deep Purple & Aerosmith at stadiums while Poison was opening for Dave. If you check out the Paradise City video the B&W portion is from the MOR show while the color part is from Giants Stadium opening act slot of the DP Aerosmith tour.

mattiew23m
05-27-2005, 10:46 PM
REQUEST CVH NOW!!

http://krockradio.com/requests/80s_requests.shtml

DLR'sCock
05-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by monkeythe
As a side note, a few people dies during the GnR set and the Brit press reported them as dying during Dave's set. During '88 GnR spent the summer touring with Deep Purple & Aerosmith at stadiums while Poison was opening for Dave. If you check out the Paradise City video the B&W portion is from the MOR show while the color part is from Giants Stadium opening act slot of the DP Aerosmith tour.

I was at the Giants Stadium show!!!

GO GIANTS!!!

edikop
06-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Yes, they did, at Monster of Rock in England. David was more towards the top of the bill, and GnR were way at the bottom...

The Lineup was:

Iron Maiden
David Lee Roth
Kiss
Ozzy
Megadeth
Guns n Roses
Anthrax
Testament
Helloween

Line-up was:

Iron Maiden
Kiss
David Lee Roth
Guns n Roses
Megadeth
Helloween

AND I WAS FRIGGIN' THERE !! The Diamond One shat all over the others, he was that good.

During another one of the crushes when some freaked-out security guy jumped up on the stage, Dave turns 'round and says: "Get off my fucking stage, maaaan !"

Gaawwwd, I freaking loved that show.....

Jano
06-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by edikop
Line-up was:

Iron Maiden
Kiss
David Lee Roth
Guns n Roses
Megadeth
Helloween

AND I WAS FRIGGIN' THERE !! The Diamond One shat all over the others, he was that good.

During another one of the crushes when some freaked-out security guy jumped up on the stage, Dave turns 'round and says: "Get off my fucking stage, maaaan !"

Lucky dog!!!

bueno bob
06-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Line-up was:

Iron Maiden
Kiss
David Lee Roth
Guns n Roses
Megadeth
Helloween

His show topped out Maiden in '88? Wow.

Seshmeister
06-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Line-up was:

Iron Maiden
Kiss
David Lee Roth
Guns n Roses
Megadeth
Helloween

There were crushes during Dave's set and he calmed the thing down well and stopped the show to let people get treatment.

Other highlights were Dave playing the HFT solo on Steve Vai's guitar while he was wearing it.

I still have the bootleg, I think I taped it off the radio. It's all a bit hazy.

Cheers!

:gulp:

MmboSlmrCasalad
06-01-2005, 06:41 PM
From what i remember, GNR were supposed to open dor DLR on the Skyscraper tour, but he decided against it because they were too undependable and unprofessional. I'm not 100% certain, but they may have even failed to show for a gig, helping make Dave's decision easier. Not that it really mattered for GNR, but...

Kristy
06-01-2005, 08:04 PM
no

Odd, since they are both originally from Indiana. The armpit of America.

singerman
06-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by monkeythe

i was there too!!.......yeah it was a great line up DLR was great!....the two people that were killed,were killed during 'its so easy' the opening GNR song to their set....i should know as i was in the crush that killed the fans....my two friends saw it happen and went to court for the inquest...truly horrible moment.....fucking scary actually

katie
06-02-2005, 07:44 AM

The Lineup was:

Iron Maiden
David Lee Roth
Kiss
Ozzy
Megadeth
Guns n Roses
Anthrax
Testament
Helloween

Ozzy was *not* on the Monsters bill in 88'
Neither was Testiment.
Neither was Anthrax.

Guns went on just before DLR

Now sit in the corner and give me 1000 lines.that read -
'I must go back to Rock N Roll school'

DLR'sCock
06-02-2005, 11:19 PM
I remember seeing a poster back in 1988 from the Donnington show, that had all of those bands on the list...

DLR'sCock
06-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by katie
Ozzy was *not* on the Monsters bill in 88'
Neither was Testiment.
Neither was Anthrax.

Guns went on just before DLR

Now sit in the corner and give me 1000 lines.that read -
'I must go back to Rock N Roll school'

Uh, well I am not sure about Ozzy, but I remember a poster with Ozzy on it....but check this out...

DLR'sCock
06-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Here is a better one, Anthrax did play...

tobinentinc
06-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Must have been the BEST concert of 88. Wow what a lineup.

blueturk
06-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Antman
I do remember that GNR was supposed to open for Dave in 88 in the US but Poison ended up opening for most of the US shows. I forgot what exactly happened.

One thing's for sure. Poison SUCKED!!!

Seshmeister
06-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
Must have been the BEST concert of 88. Wow what a lineup.

Second only to 1984...

AC/DC
Van Halen
Ozzy Osbourne
Gary Moore
Y&T
Accept
Motley Crue

julesk
06-04-2005, 02:17 PM
can we get to hear some of that show? i heard years ago that it was a pretty shitty performance from dave - something i always found hard to believe. let the bootleg do the talking!

DLR'sCock
06-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I remember seeing Testament the night before this show in a club in Jersey City, NJ called Escapades. They said they were flying out for the Donnington show that night.

katie
06-06-2005, 08:22 PM
I remember seeing Testament the night before this show in a club in Jersey City, NJ called Escapades. They said they were flying out for the Donnington show that night.

To watch the show, Notplay on the bill.

Those other MOR posters you uploaded are from other euro dates, Not the UK date.
Katie