PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU do with your VH stuff?

Big Troubles
05-27-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm preparing to mount the original 6 pack of LP's on my wall with the actual sleeves and records half way out of the casing. I picked up a nice oak trimmed frame that should house all six albums. I have a few concert t's behind a glass case as well. I have a wall hanging of Dave from 1984, but I put that in my sons room. (big VH fan as well) All my newsclippings, from a collection 20 years ago now, are kept in a photo album, along with concert tix.

What do other people do with there VH stuff?

SoldMySoul4RnR
05-28-2005, 07:12 AM
That sounds pretty awesome.

I don't do anything really extravgant with my stuff, but my six-pack has a special allocated spot in my CD collection. There's my CD's...then theres a little spot where my six-pack sits, in order. They are the royalty of my collection, the other CD's look up to them. :D

Last_Child
05-28-2005, 02:12 PM
What I do with my Van Halen Cd's--

I Put them in my CD collection...Chronologically.

DLR7884
05-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Last_Child
What I do with my Van Halen Cd's--

I Put them in my CD collection...Chronologically.

As do I....with all my cd's.

Alphbetical order by band...then chronologically by release date.

I keep bootlegs in a different section than I do from official releases.

DLR7884
It's good to be anal like that.

Last_Child
05-28-2005, 02:51 PM
I put official & bootleg together in Chronologically order..

Hardrock69
05-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I have no Van Halen CDs other than bootleg shows that I burned myself. When I buy the albums on cd (I own all of them on Cassette) I will buy the Remasters.

Redballjets88
05-28-2005, 04:43 PM
just have them in my cd case in order of realease between steve vai and zz top

Big Troubles
05-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I probably should have titled this thread a bit better. I meant, What do you do with your prized collection of Van Halen "stuff" Doesn't anybody have the original 6 on vinyl? Concert t's. Tix. Rarities, ya know? Like I think Carmine has a nice shrine...? Back me up here Carmine. :)

mentalpancake
05-28-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't have anything.:( The CDs aren't even mine, they're my dad's. I just have the mp3's on my iPod.

rustoffa
05-28-2005, 07:41 PM
I dry mounted all my posters and velcro'd 'em to my game room walls. Everything else is just laying around somewhere getting torn the fuck up by this organ grinder monkey I'm watching for a friend.

Foozwah
05-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
The 6-pack are all in the CD rack where they belong.

The copy of OU812 an ex-g/f once mistakenly bought me was hung up on a target and had several arrows from a 70# compound bow punched through it. :D

Big Troubles
05-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by mentalpancake
I don't have anything.:( The CDs aren't even mine, they're my dad's. I just have the mp3's on my iPod.

Good time to start!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-8740830-0314229

Big Troubles
05-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I dry mounted all my posters and velcro'd 'em to my game room walls. Everything else is just laying around somewhere getting torn the fuck up by this organ grinder monkey I'm watching for a friend.

There we go! That's what Im talking 'bout! :D Well, the dry mounted posters anyways... Lock the monkey in da closet... ;)

Big Troubles
05-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Foozwah
The 6-pack are all in the CD rack where they belong.

The copy of OU812 an ex-g/f once mistakenly bought me was hung up on a target and had several arrows from a 70# compound bow punched through it. :D

See, My 6 cd's aren't even close to touching other cd's. I have them on a little white shelf next to my stereo, with all of Dave's solo cd's.

I like the target practice idea for ou812. :D

BenJammin
05-29-2005, 11:18 AM
The guitar pick I got from the man himself in 1981 (dove to the floor of the Von Braun Civic center and viciously fought off 4 or 5 people for it), is hidden inside a rare matchbox (part of another collection). All my CVH ticket stubs are filed inside a tin container with all my other concert stubs.

Big Troubles
05-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by BenJammin
The guitar pick I got from the man himself in 1981 (dove to the floor of the Von Braun Civic center and viciously fought off 4 or 5 people for it), is hidden inside a rare matchbox (part of another collection). All my CVH ticket stubs are filed inside a tin container with all my other concert stubs.

Good stuff!

:bottle:

WARF
05-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Sometimes I masturbate.

rustoffa
05-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Lock the monkey in da closet... ;)

Easier said than done. I put that fucker in the garage earlier today and got torn boat seats for my trouble. It's no secret I have these lapdogs, and it's been cuntplete torture. Those fuckers have been making monkey noises since the thing was dropped off.

There was like one worthwhile moment yesterday when the little fucker threw a bratwurst @ this unruly kid.

Northern Girl
05-29-2005, 10:04 PM
1. Pics and ticket stubs are neatly displayed in a scrapbook. Stored in a trunk.

2. Magazine and internet articles are in a 3-ring binder in plastic covers. Stored in a trunk.

3. All DLR and all VH CD's including the 6 pack originals and the remasters and boots and tributes, interviews, etc. CD's all are in their own CD case.

4. Books, complete magazines (The Insider, etc), tour programs, VHS tapes, posters, etc. all stored in a trunk.

5. All previously owned vinyl and cassettes, books, tour programs, and scrapbooks full of hundreds of articles and pics all drowned in a flood in 1999. Have replaced some from ebay.

6. T-shirts packed away in a tote in my closet.

7. DVD's in their own DVD case.

8. Guitar autographed by Dave in a box under my bed.

I think that's it.

I used to display a lot of stuff, but does not fit in with my Victorian-inspired decor very well. When I had a 3-bedroom house, I had a whole room just for Dave/VH; but I've since downsized.

Foozwah
05-30-2005, 06:26 AM
See, My 6 cd's aren't even close to touching other cd's. I have them on a little white shelf next to my stereo, with all of Dave's solo cd's.

I like the target practice idea for ou812. :D
Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, but with Sammy's enormous head on the cover, it wasn't much of a challenge... :( ;)

When we move into a bigger place, I might have to do something about having a separate CVH/Dave solo display. :D

Big Troubles
05-30-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by WARF
Sometimes I masturbate.

Sometimes...? Hey... you are in the army here...there are no room for lies. :D

Big Troubles
05-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
1. Pics and ticket stubs are neatly displayed in a scrapbook. Stored in a trunk.

2. Magazine and internet articles are in a 3-ring binder in plastic covers. Stored in a trunk.

3. All DLR and all VH CD's including the 6 pack originals and the remasters and boots and tributes, interviews, etc. CD's all are in their own CD case.

4. Books, complete magazines (The Insider, etc), tour programs, VHS tapes, posters, etc. all stored in a trunk.

5. All previously owned vinyl and cassettes, books, tour programs, and scrapbooks full of hundreds of articles and pics all drowned in a flood in 1999. Have replaced some from ebay.

6. T-shirts packed away in a tote in my closet.

7. DVD's in their own DVD case.

8. Guitar autographed by Dave in a box under my bed.

I think that's it.

I used to display a lot of stuff, but does not fit in with my Victorian-inspired decor very well. When I had a 3-bedroom house, I had a whole room just for Dave/VH; but I've since downsized.

That's what Im talkin' about! Roth on!

Big Troubles
05-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Easier said than done. I put that fucker in the garage earlier today and got torn boat seats for my trouble. It's no secret I have these lapdogs, and it's been cuntplete torture. Those fuckers have been making monkey noises since the thing was dropped off.

There was like one worthwhile moment yesterday when the little fucker threw a bratwurst @ this unruly kid.

Ok heres what you do.... Have sex with it.... Ok ok... Here me out... Have sex with it, create this new killer sex virus, and no doubt, the first one dead will be the monkey... Unfortunatley the second one dead will be you... But those few moments of silence may just be worth it. :D

Or, if you dont want to die: Play fetch with him and use a banana and toss it in the direction of the street. :D Oops.

Jano
05-30-2005, 11:23 AM
All my posters,magazines,pictures,buttons are in a trunk,waiting for a special room(soon i hope).
The original six packs are in my bedroom.
The cd's are in the living room ready to be in my cd's player!
My DVD are on the top of the DVD's player!
The concert's stub are in a special place with the other band's stub!
I'm wearing my skyscraper and 1982 concert shirts sometime so they are in my closet!

Big Troubles
05-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Jano
All my posters,magazines,pictures,buttons are in a trunk,waiting for a special room(soon i hope).
The original six packs are in my bedroom.
The cd's are in the living room ready to be in my cd's player!
My DVD are on the top of the DVD's player!
The concert's stub are in a special place with the other band's stub!
I'm wearing my skyscraper and 1982 concert shirts sometime so they are in my closet!

Im getting the spare room to myself soon. Already I have my wrestling stuff in there. (Posters, wall hangings, tix framed, wrestling figures from the 80's,90's and present)

and Im going to add the three famous, very young photos of Ed, Dave and Al, the 6 pack of records, mounted with the vynils coming out of them, plus I have t shirts, pics, and one wall hanging from 84! Im fuckin' thrilled! My wife is thrilled because I will also have my amps, and 3 guitars in there too, instead of the livingroom! :D

rustoffa
05-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Ok heres what you do.... Have sex with it.... Ok ok... Here me out... Have sex with it, create this new killer sex virus, and no doubt, the first one dead will be the monkey... Unfortunatley the second one dead will be you... But those few moments of silence may just be worth it. :D

Or, if you dont want to die: Play fetch with him and use a banana and toss it in the direction of the street. :D Oops.

First off, the fucker's outta my hair now thankfully.

Regarding sexual intercourse with the thing:

It's an ORGAN GRINDER MONKEY. A caputchin or some shit. The logistics involved with me fucking that thing are complicated, to put it MILDLY. The worn out cliche "hittin' a lung", doesn't begin to describe the pain and suffering that fucker would have to deal with.

"Honey, I think there's a lint ball on the end of your dick."

"It's the fucking monkey, don't ask."

I'm also collecting all the VH memorabilia that's laying around. I'm going to categorize the stuff eventually.

Foozwah
05-31-2005, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by WARF
Sometimes I masturbate.
On the six-pack, or just the....solo...albums? ;)

Carmine
05-31-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm preparing to mount the original 6 pack of LP's on my wall with the actual sleeves and records half way out of the casing. I picked up a nice oak trimmed frame that should house all six albums. I have a few concert t's behind a glass case as well. I have a wall hanging of Dave from 1984, but I put that in my sons room. (big VH fan as well) All my newsclippings, from a collection 20 years ago now, are kept in a photo album, along with concert tix.

Heres some of mine, hanging in my office...

Matt White
05-31-2005, 10:20 AM
STELLAR COLLECTION CARMINE!!!:D

I just purchased an old VH book on E-bay this weekend!
I have to send the check out this afternoon!!!

My favorite VH Collectible!!!:D

Carmine
05-31-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
STELLAR COLLECTION CARMINE!!!:D

I just purchased an old VH book on E-bay this weekend!
I have to send the check out this afternoon!!!

My favorite VH Collectible!!!:D

Thanks Matt! That poster is contained inside my US FESTIVAL Program, I may bust it out and frame it...

Then again, I like having an untouched program too. Decisions, decisions...

Carmine
05-31-2005, 10:41 AM
I probably should have titled this thread a bit better. I meant, What do you do with your prized collection of Van Halen "stuff" Doesn't anybody have the original 6 on vinyl? Concert t's. Tix. Rarities, ya know? Like I think Carmine has a nice shrine...? Back me up here Carmine. :)

I posted her BT...LOL...Before I saw this post.

Jano
05-31-2005, 12:25 PM
A pics of my VH mags mostly french but few american as you can tell!

rustoffa
05-31-2005, 09:45 PM
The witch doctor LP is still in the plastic cuntplete with scribbling.

5 stars @ my lamp.

Jano
06-01-2005, 09:39 AM

5 stars @ my lamp.

Cool stuff Rustoffa!

Carmine
06-01-2005, 09:47 AM

5 stars @ my lamp.

Nice...

SweetSecrets
06-01-2005, 01:03 PM

If you were a girl, you'd be the "scrapbooker" type!

SweetSecrets
06-01-2005, 01:05 PM
For a school teacher, I am highly disorganized. Only at school is my life filed perfectly. My music side is completely chaotic! I swear, I burp CD's out sometimes. I find them in between my car seats and under my bed all the time. I'm like, "Oh, that is where my Fair Warning has been hiding!"