X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Ed Powers
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Oct 2004

The Rap Star Killed The Rock Star

Yes indeed, just like the video star killed the radio star. The rap star has killed the rockstar.

Remember the days of yesteryear when guys like Mick, Dave, Steven, and so on and so forth were living on the edge. Fueled by drugs and alcohol, they always had the top women as well as all the other women on their arms or in the bedroom.

It was sex, drugs, and rock&roll. Live fast, die young. Along with these components, the creativity and the sense of danger in their songs and performances and their private lives as well.

Rock stars were the ones mama always warned you about and was the one daddy had a shotgun for waiting for him on the front porch.

Today's "rock" stars are no longer the bad boys all the girls go crazy for. You name me ten bands and I would think they are all the same. They either sing dark, depressing, sensitive shit and the ones who don't , the one's who play fast and rock, sing about their girlfriendsgood or bad. There is not one frontman today you can call a frontman and there is no guitar hero either. Don't get me started on nu-metal and their accessories known as a DJ.

Sure these "rock" guys cite the legendary bands as their main influences but none of todays bands capture that excitement nor have the charisma. You tell me the difference between New Found Glory and Lit. Oh yeah, name at least two members of each group. Couldn't huh? Well, neither could I.

It's the hip-hop guys with all the hunnies. Singing about groupies, drugs and unconditional sex. Rapping about their wild, wild west lifestyles and how they are outlaws in today's society. Guys like Snoop, TuPac and 50 Cent are bigger rock stars than today's rock guys. Lavish cars, big houses, bling-bling and all dem ho's. It's officially Sex, drugs, and Hip Hop. Hey rock&roll! it was nice knowin' ya.
    http://www.edpowerspasswords.com/index1_files/logo.jpg
    The Nasty Brothers! Paid, Laid, and Made.
  • The Scatologist
    Sniper
    • Jan 2005

But that doesn't change the fact that 50 cent blows does it?
    The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• The Scatologist
      Sniper
      • Jan 2005

and funny, how can Tupac get all them ho's when he's uh.... dead?

unless like some psycho ho cult dug him up and.... eh i'd rather not think about it.
      The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

i fucking hate rap.all of the shit.there is no talent needed at all its bull shit

i think that in maybe 10 years or less music will come full circle and rap will be gone and rock will come back to its rightful place at the top
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• TN Dave Fan
          Full On Cocktard
          • Mar 2004

Hopefully someday .... the world will wake up and see that Rock has always been and always will be the only true music left.

Since it was a combination of Blues, R&B, Folk, and even C&W (including bluegrass)... it has all the elements ... but it takes talent to actually be able to create real music... there is no mainstream music in which talent is required to be successful.

someday the world will wake up and realize this and yes Rock will be on top again...

ROTH on DLR fans.....hope to see you in Myrtle Beach this Friday

Big E
          All is finally right with the world - Van Halen has finally gotten back together.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

metals king back then
            and still is to this day
            always immatated and challenged
            but it never goes away

Comment

• vo5150

Except for this.... He will save the day!!!!

Sammy Hagar and the Waboritas!!!!

The sam man with his bottle of Cabo Tequila!!!

and his boy Michael Anthony!!

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2005

as they say, "rock isn't dead, it's just gone underground"

the pendulum will swing back again and rock will reign supreme once again.

we just need a saviour.

van halen saved us from disco. someone will save us from rap.
                ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Ed Powers
                  It's the hip-hop guys with all the hunnies. Singing about groupies, drugs and unconditional sex. Rapping about their wild, wild west lifestyles and how they are outlaws in today's society. Guys like Snoop, TuPac and 50 Cent are bigger rock stars than today's rock guys. Lavish cars, big houses, bling-bling and all dem ho's. It's officially Sex, drugs, and Hip Hop. Hey rock&roll! it was nice knowin' ya.
                  so what?!

rap still sucks!!!

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Oct 2004

People will get bored of (c)rap soon enough. Love em or hate em, The Darkness are a good thing. They have managed to bring rock'n'roll into the mainstream. They probably wont last much longer now that Frankie (bass player) has left, but its highered the awareness of the cause.

What really pisses me off, though, is seeing (c)rappers with Motorhead or The Doors or Motley Crue T-shirts on.

Something which will help is certain bands reuniting. Led Zep would be one, so would Floyd, VH of course, Axl Rose getting round to actually releasing Chinese Democrocy.

BTW, Sammy's Bitch(or Sharon, if you will), nice to see that you are now Dave's Bitch.
                    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
                      What really pisses me off, though, is seeing (c)rappers with Motorhead or The Doors or Motley Crue T-shirts on.
                      I remeber Snoop Dogg doing a Metallica tribute once, he did 'Sad But True'. In a Metallica t-shirt.

It was pretty painful. I wonder what Metallica were thinking at the time.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by vo5150
                        Except for this.... He will save the day!!!!

Sammy Hagar and the Waboritas!!!!

The sam man with his club thats shaped like a penis!!!

and his bitch Michael Anthony!!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

says alot for sam doesnt it

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

what the hell kinda name is that anyway "the waboritas"
                            its so fucking stupid.what the hell does it even mean

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
                              I remeber Snoop Dogg doing a Metallica tribute once, he did 'Sad But True'. In a Metallica t-shirt.

It was pretty painful. I wonder what Metallica were thinking at the time.
                              Yea, I saw that. It was Metallica:Icon wasn't it?

Fuck, made me sick. I fucking HATE Snoop. He ruined 'Sad But True' AND 'Riders On The Storm' (The Doors).

"There's a killer on the road"

Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

Working...