PDA

View Full Version : Article On Van Hayride in NY Post

Antman
05-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I don't know if this was posted already, but in yesterday's NY Post there was an article on Van Hayride-a country western VH cover band. The lead singer, I forget his name is a huge VH fan. His band does all classic VH, no Van Hagar and this was from the singer himself. He made a good point when he said in the article that Van Halen wrote country western songs-they're all about girls and whiskey. They played a club in NYC last night and rumor had it the the Diamond One himself was supposed to drop by. Anyone else see the article, or seen the band? I'd go check em out some time.

Hardrock69
05-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Wow...this sounds kewel...kinda like Hayseed-Dixie, the bluegrass AC/DC cover band...

jonny fingers
07-28-2005, 12:48 PM
we rock. i came up with the idea after hearing hayseed dixie. we've had a couple of incarnations and look to record in august. no hagar here. diamond dave definitely knows about us.
we rocked the rodeo bar in nyc last night. look for us there in september. a website is on the way as well.
livin' my life like there's no tomorrow,
jonny fingers

mewisemagic
07-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by jonny fingers
we rock. i came up with the idea after hearing hayseed dixie. we've had a couple of incarnations and look to record in august. no hagar here. diamond dave definitely knows about us.
we rocked the rodeo bar in nyc last night. look for us there in september. a website is on the way as well.
livin' my life like there's no tomorrow,
jonny fingers Rock On Fingers!Id Love To Hear Some Of It!

DLR_EngineRoom
07-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Wow...this sounds kewel...kinda like Hayseed-Dixie, the bluegrass AC/DC cover band...

Hayseed Dixie doesn't just cover AC/DC - to date they've also released Aerosmith and KISS cover CDs.

jonny fingers
07-28-2005, 04:30 PM
yeah- the KISS CD rocks. They're great players. We're more rockin' country than bluegrassy.

speedtruckermf
07-28-2005, 05:56 PM
I've already done a band called "Van Waylon" in Texas. We'd play a cvh song , and then a Waylon song. People never got it. It was a great time though.

Antman
07-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Do you mainly play in NYC? I'm not too far down in Westchester. There used to be a shitload of good rock clubs especially 7 Willow Street in Port Chester, but most are gone now. Any chance of playing Westchester or Connecticut?

jonny fingers
07-29-2005, 02:19 AM
nothing upstate in the near future. we're prety much nyc/brooklyn bound. will let you know when we expand.

jonny fingers
07-29-2005, 02:20 AM
oh, and the band VAN WAYLON rrocks!

Antman
07-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks bro. Lookin forward to checkin out your website. I'd love to buy a Van Hayride T shirt if available.