PDA

View Full Version : Us Festival: 23 years ago TODAY!!

donanger1
05-29-2005, 01:09 PM
23 years ago today Van Halen entered the Guiness Book of World Records with their payday at the US Festival, the Holy Grail of Van Halen shows!! Let us all take a moment and throw in the DVD (or vid, what have you) or the audio and pretend we're right there with all the backstage antics (farm animals, strippers, video games). There is nothing greater than David Lee Roth Van Halen!! It does look as if there will never be a full blown Roth reunion. Apparently Dave would rather be in a cover band, but we have hope!! Let's also take a moment and thank GOD for all the incredibly brave men and women (in love) who have given their lives for this incredible country that we live in so we can have long weekends where we drink beer, generally F-off and crank the MIGHTY VAN HALEN because we are free!! Roth to ya later!!

Anonymous
05-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Grate thread. Wrong forum. Already done. (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22029)

Cheers! :bottle:

danzig
05-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Dave with VH is the greatest band ever, far and away. But they came on an hour late that night and sounded a little sloppy. Scorpions somehow stole the show. Dave couldn't stop rambling remember? It was memorable but not their finest day by a long shot.

donanger1
05-29-2005, 01:40 PM
It's just so f'n cool how only Dave can get away with saying, "I forgot the fuckin' words." In that context it TOTALLY works. I love sloppy!! It's real. You never know what'll happen next. That was one of the greatest shows in history. ("YOU REALIZE THERE'S ABOUT 300,000 PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT.") Admittedly it had to be pretty hard living with Roth. That whole I'm the greatest 24 hours a day. Ed musta went nuts. The 81 tour was the best.