PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati chooses ROTH, BABY!!!!

Cathedral
05-30-2005, 06:47 PM
My day was made today with a revelation that i assumed was the fact but until now was not 100% sure, and i don't know why i doubted myself.

Anyway, The local Rock station here in town is doing a Rock-n-Roll 500 today, 500 songs by request, and Roth era Van Halen edged out Spam Halen by 12 to 2, lol, gotta love that shit.

Gary Cherone's era got NO REQUESTS, and they decided that there were no Van Halen songs made with Gary.

I took it upon myself to call WEBN and asked nicely if they would remember this and NEVER play Van Hagar bullshit again.
The DJ laughed and agreed, but told me that there are a few Spam Halen fans hiding under rocks that on occasion will request a song or two from that era so he couldn't guarentee anything and thanked me for my call.
He did also mention that while the Van Gaygar shit was playing they got some calls asking to hear some real Van Halen, lmmfao.

Edward, the public has spoken and we want our Van Halen back, you cry baby, corn cob up the ass, spoiled, dipshit, rock and roll jackass.

I WANT NEW VAN HALEN, AND I WANT IT FUCKING YESTERDAY!!!!!

Anyway, just thought i'd share this with you all.

Have a nice day!

vanzilla
05-31-2005, 10:43 AM
Cincy Rocks Cat! I love that town. I always have a great time when I go there (usually 2-3 times a year)

Have you heard of Stacy Mitchhart?

Great thread btw.

DaLeeRo
05-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral

I took it upon myself to call WEBN and asked nicely if they would remember this and NEVER play Van Hagar bullshit again.
The DJ laughed and agreed, but told me that there are a few Spam Halen fans hiding under rocks that on occasion will request a song or two from that era so he couldn't guarentee anything and thanked me for my call.
He did also mention that while the Van Gaygar shit was playing they got some calls asking to hear some real Van Halen, lmmfao.

LMFAO!!!!! :D :D

5 stars to you, dude!!!:)

Big Fat Sammy
05-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Thats cool!

In Columbus, when I get in the car...I flip through the 6 preset channels...and within 10 minutes I usually hear "Hot For Teacher" or "Runnin With The Devil"...heard "I'll Wait" and "Beautiful Girls" the other day, a two for Tuesday.

Only heard V Hagar two or three times in about 2 1/2 years of living here.

So as Mattie would say...Ohio is a "Roth State" :)

We gotta get a beer or something at the show...I will be going as long as he doesn't come to C-Bus. :)

vanzilla
05-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
Thats cool!

In Columbus, when I get in the car...I flip through the 6 preset channels...and within 10 minutes I usually hear "Hot For Teacher" or "Runnin With The Devil"...heard "I'll Wait" and "Beautiful Girls" the other day, a two for Tuesday.

Only heard V Hagar two or three times in about 2 1/2 years of living here.

So as Mattie would say...Ohio is a "Roth State" :)

We gotta get a beer or something at the show...I will be going as long as he doesn't come to C-Bus. :)

Have the venue and date been announced for the that show yet?

Redballjets88
05-31-2005, 12:31 PM
every saturday my local station has "Van Halen Heaven" they play like 5 vh songs in a row and its always like 4 dave 1 sam. this last weekend they decided to not even play sam made me very happy

bueno bob
05-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Hell yeahs!

Nickdfresh
05-31-2005, 12:54 PM
The local radio here plays CVH almost exclusively. Though a station recently changed format to soft 80's shit, and I've since heard a couple of Ched powerballads on it.

mentalpancake
05-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
every saturday my local station has "Van Halen Heaven" they play like 5 vh songs in a row and its always like 4 dave 1 sam. this last weekend they decided to not even play sam made me very happy
They should do that on every radio station. Here in Massachusetts there's not enough Van Halen love, though I do hear them maybe once a week and it's usually Roth era stuff.

Big Fat Sammy
05-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by vanzilla
Have the venue and date been announced for the that show yet?

The date is August 30th ... no venue announced yet.

Thats not too far from you either is it?

NATEDOG001976
05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Good work Cincy! Now go to work on that NFL football team of yours!! LOL

vanzilla
06-01-2005, 11:28 AM

It's about 5 hours - not a bad trip at all.

If I can fit my work schedule around it I'm there!

Cathedral
06-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by vanzilla
Cincy Rocks Cat! I love that town. I always have a great time when I go there (usually 2-3 times a year)

Have you heard of Stacy Mitchhart?

Great thread btw.

Damn, when did all of you reply to this?
last i checked, it fell to the bottom like a rock, and it was damned discouraging to say the least, lol.

The name Stacy Mitchhart doesn't ring any bells.

It's a great place to visit, but i'm really tired of living here at this point.
I am considering going back home to Kentucky and building a new home on our land.
But employment is an issue down there, nothing to do unless you own a tracker, and at that, going into debt and starving ain't much of a living, lol.

And Thanks!

Cathedral
06-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Good work Cincy! Now go to work on that NFL football team of yours!! LOL

ROTMFFLMMFAO, like that will happen.
Mr. Brown first has to learn how to write a check and actually hand it over before that will happen.

I have never seen an owner so content with sucking so bad in my life.

But they have improved, that much i'll give them, just not enough.

Cathedral
06-01-2005, 11:47 AM

This is news to me, thanks, now i can keep that day free.

It will either be Riverbend or Annie's, both of which are less than 30 minutes from my flat.
He'd better play Cincinnati, he can do C-bus later if he wants.

I will be in C-bus the second weekend of August at National Trail Raceway for the Mopar Nationals.
Our hotel room is at the Columbus airport, the Hampton Inn.
We'll be in the parking lot Friday and Saturday night till the wee hours emptying our coolers as we do every year, lol.