PDA

View Full Version : Van Hagar banned from Rock School!

johnburrows
05-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Posted on Thu, May. 26, 2005

School of Rock's founder envisions copies nationwide.

By Wendy Tanaka

In a dilapidated building filled with grungy furniture and Frank Zappa posters, long-haired teenagers bang out ear-scorching, classic-rock tunes.

San Francisco circa 1970? Nope, this is just another day in 2005 at the Paul Green School of Rock Music, on Race Street in Center City.

Green says the school's throwback appeal and emphasis on professional-level performances have proved popular enough to inspire him to try a major expansion.

Already, Green has had some success in rolling out what he admits has been an unlikely business venture, built around a school with some similarities to one portrayed in a 2003 Jack Black movie. Within the last two years, eight other Paul Green School of Rock Music locations have opened, in Downingtown; Cherry Hill; Huntingdon Valley; Somers Point, N.J.; Hackensack, N.J.; New York; San Francisco; and Salt Lake City.

Still, the music counts, and School of Rock franchise contracts also will include the order in which songs must be played at performances, as well as banned songs.

"One school did Led Zeppelin, and didn't close with 'Stairway to Heaven,' " Green said. "If you're going to play 'Stairway to Heaven,' you do it first or last."

In the banned category, Green said Van Halen tunes were fine, but nothing sung by on-again, off-again lead singer Sammy Hagar. "No Van Hagar," Green said.

Redballjets88
05-31-2005, 04:05 PM
gotta link?

Vinnie Velvet
05-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Ha!

That's great.

We need to educate the younglings on what is TRUE Van Halen, and not Van Hagar.

DrMaddVibe
05-31-2005, 04:33 PM
The well has already been poisoned!

zeromember,3 cock rock, Sorewoman are already damaged goods.

"See how they run. Lady Madonna, children at your feet.
Wonder how you manage to make ends meet."

DAVE OR THE GRAVE SHEEP MUTHAFUCKAS!!!

THE WORD IS OUT!

mentalpancake
05-31-2005, 06:25 PM
I wish I could go to a school like that.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
gotta link?

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/business/11738766.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

rustoffa
05-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
The well has already been poisoned!

zeromember,3 cock rock, Sorewoman are already damaged goods.

"See how they run. Lady Madonna, children at your feet.
Wonder how you manage to make ends meet."

LMFAO!

Shaun Ponsonby
06-01-2005, 08:28 PM
That is BRILLIANT.

Goes to show...Spam hasn't got a vlue-and there's the proof.

Last_Child
06-02-2005, 12:21 PM
I Wish my school was a Rock School...