PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Fiasco!

Nickdfresh
06-03-2005, 04:40 PM
June 3, 2005

Guerrilla Violence at Feverish Pace as Attacks Kill 34 Iraqis
In the worst assaults, 12 are slain by a suicide bomber in the north and a convoy opens fire on Baghdad shoppers, taking nine lives.

By Carol J. Williams, Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-iraq3jun03.story) Staff Writer

BAGHDAD — Insurgents killed at least 34 Iraqis on Thursday in a spree of attacks that included three suicide bombings, booby traps on motorcycles and a convoy of militants firing into a crowd at a Baghdad bus stop.

Also, saboteurs blew up a key stretch of pipeline in the north, further hampering efforts to return Iraq's vital oil industry to full production.

Rebel attacks have intensified in the five weeks since the new government took power. At least 800 people, mostly Iraqi civilians, have died in the barrage of bombings and shootings. More than 90 suicide attacks in the last month have accounted for most of the casualties, U.S. authorities said.

The U.S.-led military coalition also reported the deaths of two U.S. troops, bringing to at least 1,660 the number of Americans killed since the March 2003 invasion.

A serviceman working with a Marine unit died Wednesday when he was hit by small-arms fire while passing through Ramadi, an insurgent stronghold in the Sunni Muslim region west of Baghdad. The other soldier died in Kirkuk of noncombat wounds, the military said, without providing details.

Thursday's attacks began at breakfast time when a suicide bomber in Tuz Khurmatu plowed a car into a restaurant where the security detail of Deputy Prime Minister Rosh Shawais, a Kurd, had stopped on its return to Sulaymaniya from Baghdad. Twelve people died, including at least one of Shawais' bodyguards, and 40 were wounded. The Al Qaeda-linked militant group Ansar al Sunna claimed responsibility.

Tuz Khurmatu was the scene of two other suicide attacks in the last 10 days that targeted Kurdish leaders who have cooperated with Iraq's new Shiite Muslim leadership and the coalition.

Al Qaeda's network in Iraq, headed by Jordanian-born militant Abu Musab Zarqawi, said in an Internet posting that it had carried out a suicide bombing in Baqubah almost simultaneously with the 8:30 a.m. explosion in Tuz Khurmatu. The Baqubah blast killed the deputy chief of the Diyala province governing council and four of his bodyguards.

About 10 minutes later, a third suicide driver attacked a convoy of vehicles from the U.S. Consulate in Kirkuk that was carrying civilian contractors to Northern Oil Co. in the Arafa district. An Iraqi woman and child died in the blast and 13 people were wounded. None of the victims were U.S. citizens, local police commander Torhan Yousif said. Two of the consulate's armored sport utility vehicles were destroyed.

It was the Northern Oil pipeline that was bombed and set ablaze about 8 a.m. Fire and black smoke poured from a vast oil spill in the village of Amsha, witnesses said. The pipeline is guarded by 2,500 Iraqi soldiers and security guards, but for more than a month insurgents have succeeded in breaking the flow of oil to Turkey's Ceyhan port.

In Mosul, a volatile city wedged between the war-torn Sunni Triangle region and Kurdish territory in Iraq's north, insurgents detonated explosives wired to two motorcycles parked outside a cafe, killing five people.

Gunmen traveling through the Hurriya neighborhood of Baghdad in three cars opened fire on a throng of shoppers waiting for minibuses, said Col. Adnan Abdul Rahman, head of the Interior Ministry's information department. Nine people died in the late-morning attack, the colonel said.

A ministry source also reported that a Turkish truck driver was shot to death when insurgents attacked the convoy in which he was traveling in Baiji, about 120 miles north of the capital.

Iraqi newspapers reported the death of a national guardsman Wednesday from poisoned melon distributed to six guard units in Sharqat, on the road to Mosul. Twelve others were hospitalized in critical condition after eating the fruit, which was brought to the soldiers by the driver of a pickup truck who claimed to be a farmer.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Interior Minister Bayan Jabr hailed an ongoing anti-guerrilla sweep in the capital as a success, which he attributed in large part to the work of Sunni security forces.

Sunnis make up about 60% of the contingent manning roadblocks and searching neighborhoods suspected of harboring insurgents, he said. That has encouraged the Sunni population to provide crucial intelligence to the operation.

At least 28 militants have been killed and 700 suspects detained, Jabr said. Eighteen explosive devices have been seized, including three car bombs, as well as 17 tons of explosives, he added.

Jabr and his counterpart at the Defense Ministry, Saadoun Dulaimi, had announced that 40,000 police and special forces troops, backed by U.S. and other foreign soldiers, would mount a massive crackdown on insurgents.

Checkpoints have been set up on several key roads into Baghdad, and dozens of convoys carrying hooded, machine-gun-wielding Iraqis have been driving around the capital since Saturday. Gunfights have erupted, but the operation so far has failed to deliver the devastating blow officials had promised.

Times staff writers Louise Roug and Raheem Salman in Baghdad, special correspondent Ali Windawi in Kirkuk and special correspondents in Mosul and Baqubah contributed to this report.

OULUVROTH2
06-04-2005, 01:39 PM
UNFORTUNATE, THAT U DONT SEE THAT WE ARE TRYING TO HELP THE IRAQI PEOPLE TO GET OUT OF THE MESS THEY'RE IN! AND YES! THEY WERE IN A HUGE MESS BEFORE WE GOT THERE! IF YOU DENY THIS...THEN IT SHOWS YOU ONLY BELIEVE WHAT U WANT TO!

FORD
06-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by OULUVROTH2
UNFORTUNATE, THAT U DONT SEE THAT WE ARE TRYING TO HELP THE IRAQI PEOPLE TO GET OUT OF THE MESS THEY'RE IN! AND YES! THEY WERE IN A HUGE MESS BEFORE WE GOT THERE! IF YOU DENY THIS...THEN IT SHOWS YOU ONLY BELIEVE WHAT U WANT TO!

So when are you signing up, bitch?

If you believe so much in Emperor Chimpatine and the PNAC imperial fascist cause, then why don't you enlist?

OULUVROTH2
06-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by FORD
So when are you signing up, bitch?

If you believe so much in Emperor Chimpatine and the PNAC imperial fascist cause, then why don't you enlist?

AND THE NEXT COUNTRY IS YOURS!!! LOL!

GET A LITTLE FIESTY AREN'T WE??? THAT'S JUST THE LIBERALISM IN YOU...YOU'LL BE ALRIGHT!

FORD
06-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Don't be a pussy. Sign up.

Why should some poor kid in Shitback Arkansas be forced to fight a war he doesn't believe in just because George Bush outsourced his job to India?

You believe in PNAC wars, YOU go fight them. Put your ass on the line for what you claim to believe.

Or are you a coward like most of the "online warrior" Freeper types?

OULUVROTH2
06-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Don't be a pussy. Sign up.

Why should some poor kid in Shitback Arkansas be forced to fight a war he doesn't believe in just because George Bush outsourced his job to India?

You believe in PNAC wars, YOU go fight them. Put your ass on the line for what you claim to believe.

Or are you a coward like most of the "online warrior" Freeper types?

I GOT MY JOB TO DO AND THAT ARKANSAS KID HAS HIS TO DO! U DO REALIZE THAT THE MILITARY IN THIS COUNTRY IS VOLUNTARY! SO. ONCE AGAIN...STAND ASIDE OUTSIDER AND WAIT IN LINE FOR UR GREEN-CARD!!!!

FORD
06-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Like I said, you are a pussy and a hypocrite.

Warham
06-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Liberals don't understand the military is voluntary.

They still think the draft is in effect from the Johnson administration.

Nickdfresh
06-04-2005, 03:38 PM

Why don't you go to an AOL chat room and try to find some 14-year-old pussy fuck stump? You're in way over your head here....

BigBadBrian
06-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Warham

Exactly.

Here's FORD's quote:

Unreal.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
06-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Suicide Bombings, Shootings Kill More Than 825 Since New Iraqi Government Formed;
Death Toll at 12,000 Iraqi Civilians from violence.

By PAUL GARWOOD Associated Press Writer
The Associated PressThe Associated Press

BAGHDAD, Iraq Jun 3, 2005 — Ten Iraqis were killed in an overnight suicide bombing in a remote village north of Baghdad, officials said Friday, bringing to nearly 50 the number of people killed during a bloody day of violence in Iraq.

Thursday's carnage claimed the lives of at least 49 people, including more than 30 in four suicide bombings across the country's north and a Shiite cleric in the southern city of Basra.

At least 825 people, including U.S. forces, have been killed since the new Shiite-led government was announced April 28, underscoring the fragility of this country's reconstruction.

Iraq's Interior Minister Bayan Jabr on Thursday claimed the government offensive seeking to root out rebels in Baghdad had scored big gains, saying this week's sweep by Iraqi soldiers and police captured 700 suspected insurgents and killed 28 militants.

But the incessant violence launched by a host of militants, from Islamic extremists to Saddam Hussein loyalists, highlights how far security authorities need to go to stop the killings.

Early Friday, gunmen killed Razzouq Mohammed Ibrahim, an Iraqi contractor in charge of renovating a mosque in western Samarra, and stole his car, police Lt. Qassim Mohammed said.

Two Iraqi civilians, including a child, were killed when their car swerved into a U.S. Bradley fighting vehicle near Khalis, 50 miles north of Baghdad, early Friday, the U.S. military said.

Late Thursday, a suicide car bomber targeted a home where a group of people had gathered, killing at least 10 Iraqis and wounding 10 more in Saud, a remote village near Balad which is 50 miles north of Baghdad, U.S. military, Iraqi police and hospital officials said Friday. No further details were immediately available.

Earlier in Tuz Khormato, a popular highway stop 55 miles south of the oil-rich town of Kirkuk, a suicide car bomber targeted bodyguards for Iraq's Kurdish deputy prime minister as they ate at a restaurant. The blast killed 12 people.

Another suicide car bomber trying to attack a convoy of civilian contract workers in Kirkuk killed a young boy and three other Iraqi bystanders and wounded 11.

Four people were killed and four others wounded by a suicide car bombing in Baqouba, about 35 miles northeast of Baghdad, including a deputy provincial council leader. In the northern city of Mosul, two parked motorcycles rigged with bombs blew up near a coffee shop, killing five Iraqis and wounding 13.

In the capital, men in three speeding cars sprayed gunfire into a crowded market in the northern neighborhood of Hurriyah, killing nine people, the interior and defense ministries said. Two other Baghdad attacks killed four people and injured three.

Gunmen shot dead Shiite cleric Ali Abdul Hussein outside his home in Basra, 340 miles southeast of Baghdad, said police Capt. Mushtaq Taleeb. At least 10 Shiite and Sunni clerics have been killed in the latest surge in violence.

As part of the campaign against insurgents, Iraq's government launched in Baghdad on Sunday the biggest Iraqi offensive since Saddam Hussein's fall two years ago. Iraqi officials have said the operation involves 40,000 soldiers and police, though not all are manning positions at any one time. Before the offensive, authorities controlled only eight of Baghdad's 23 entrances, Jabr said.

Citing figures obtained from an Interior Ministry research center, Jabr said some 12,000 Iraqi civilians were killed during the past 18 months, including more than 10,000 Shiites. But he said he analyzed the figures on the basis of areas where the victims lived, not data explicitly stating the branch of Islam they belong to.

Jabr said the Baghdad operation had netted at least 700 people he labeled "terrorists" and killed 28 rebels in firefights. In addition, 118 criminal suspects had been arrested.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=816304&page=1

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

FORD
06-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Warham

Is it really voluntary when it's impossible to find any other job, or have access to any other method of financing an education (provided you are lucky enough to make it home)

Will it be truly voluntary when someone gets a 20 year prison term for smoking a fucking joint, and a right wing judge offers him the "choice" of prison, or the military?

Will it be considered "voluntary" when the credit card thieves, now freed of bankruptcy laws by the right wing congress (and a few DLC traitors) work out a deal with the BCE to pay back credit card "debt" (READ: 25% interest) by joining the PNAC "freedom" brigades?

Mishar_McLeud
06-05-2005, 01:09 PM
I GOT MY JOB TO DO AND THAT ARKANSAS KID HAS HIS TO DO! U DO REALIZE THAT THE MILITARY IN THIS COUNTRY IS VOLUNTARY! SO. ONCE AGAIN...STAND ASIDE OUTSIDER AND WAIT IN LINE FOR UR GREEN-CARD!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/Unholy_Twist/caps_lock.gif

Nickdfresh
06-05-2005, 02:29 PM
:D

kentuckyklira
06-05-2005, 02:49 PM
UNFORTUNATE, THAT U DONT SEE THAT WE ARE TRYING TO HELP THE IRAQI PEOPLE TO GET OUT OF THE MESS THEY'RE IN! AND YES! THEY WERE IN A HUGE MESS BEFORE WE GOT THERE! IF YOU DENY THIS...THEN IT SHOWS YOU ONLY BELIEVE WHAT U WANT TO! How so?

Care to elaborate!

More innocent Iraqis are dieing violent deaths now than were under Saddam!

Mishar_McLeud
06-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
How so?

Care to elaborate!

I don't support Iraqi was at all, but I'm not sure if that's true. I'm 99% positive there were hostages capture under Saddam as well, and for many years. It didn't start just from nowhere all of the sudden.

OULUVROTH2
06-05-2005, 03:51 PM
How so?

Care to elaborate!

Why should I? You only believe what Sissy boy NDF writes or I should say post's out of the TIMES! lol... But...if you had a TV and maybe have seen some of the graves that we are uncovering in the fields of all his own people that he has killed by the thousands, but maybe you got your head to far up Nick's ass to realize or admit it! Sorry about being so angry but Nick's got my blood goin'...

I'll debate you anyday Nick!!!

OULUVROTH2
06-05-2005, 03:54 PM
And to say more are dying now!??!! You are a fool...its just NOW that we got camera's in there and they are viewing what's going on! It's not going to be ALL SO nice and sweet! War never is! But...far more Iraqi's have died under his regime than ever! If you don't know that or realize it then you are COOKUU!!!!!

that's all there is to this and you know it!

Nickdfresh
06-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Why should I? You only believe what Sissy boy NDF writes or I should say post's out of the TIMES! lol... But...if you had a TV and maybe have seen some of the graves that we are uncovering in the fields of all his own people that he has killed by the thousands, but maybe you got your head to far up Nick's ass to realize or admit it! Sorry about being so angry but Nick's got my blood goin'...

I'll have to be really drunk, and have one arm tied behind my back, to make it fair...

Nickdfresh
06-05-2005, 04:30 PM

"Sissy boy?" you cunt...

First of all, you just can't get your mind off me, even when you respond to other people. Try not to confuse other peoples' comments for my comments, whether I may agree with them or not.

And if you're such a tough guy, you can fucking enlist and go other there as the mighty freedom loving liberator. I'm thinking you're the useless little coward jacking off on the internet when the glorious struggle is being waged abroad.

Hmmm...You remind me of someone, let's see....

kentuckyklira
06-05-2005, 04:50 PM

I'll debate you anyday Nick!!! My head´s in Germany and Nick´s ass in in the USA and my nack ain´t long enough!

I´m perfectly capable of figuring things out for myself. And if you really were the clever guy you pretend you are, you´d have checked that I NEVER c&p, but always post my own stuff!

kentuckyklira
06-05-2005, 04:52 PM
And to say more are dying now!??!! You are a fool...its just NOW that we got camera's in there and they are viewing what's going on! It's not going to be ALL SO nice and sweet! War never is! But...far more Iraqi's have died under his regime than ever! If you don't know that or realize it then you are COOKUU!!!!!

that's all there is to this and you know it! Of course, after all, Saddam had almost 25 years to watch all those people die. The US forces and their hand-picked junta (aka "Iraqi Government") are catching up quick.

BigBadBrian
06-05-2005, 11:56 PM
you´d have checked that I NEVER c&p, but always post my own stuff!

Actually, you'd be better off cutting and pasting most of the time.

:gulp:

kentuckyklira
06-06-2005, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Actually, you'd be better off cutting and pasting most of the time.

:gulp: Why, because your mediocre mental capacity would then stand a chance of understanding most of it?

Or because lang articles are easier to ignore?