Bush Sr. Wants Jeb to Run for President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Sr. Wants Jeb to Run for President

KING: Would you want Jeb to run? He says no.

G. BUSH: Some day I would, yes.

KING: But not now? G. BUSH: He'd be awfully good. He'd be -- this guy's smart, big and strong. Makes the decisions. And you know, not without controversy, but he's led that state.

KING: Is the timing wrong now, though?

G. BUSH: Yes. The timing's wrong. The main thing is, he doesn't want to do it. Nobody believes that, but...

KING: You believe it?

B. BUSH: I believe it.

G. BUSH: Yes.

KING: You believe it, too?

G. BUSH: But he's a wonderful fellow. And he comes up here, and he's just -- he's just great to have as a son, I'll tell you.

KING: We'll be right back in Kennebunkport on this historic week. And we can't thank them enough for joining us, the Bushes. This is LARRY KING LIVE. Don't go away.

Link
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

His son (the drug free one, George P. I think) is probably the best bet for the next Bush coronation.

Comment

People criticise the citizens of Washington D.C. for voting Mayor Barry back into office in the early 90s (the criticism laregly being, "po' ignorant folks just recognized the name!")... but we do the same thing on the national stage.

300 million people in the country and it just HAPPENS that all our best leaders come directly from the semen of Prescott Bush??

No conspiracy here - it's just the power of name recognition.

GW Jr. was perhaps the most unqualified cantidate for President we've ever had, but he had the same name and looked like his father. they didn't allow him to speak much duringthe 2000 campaign...and here we are.

During the first campaign, many of the bumper stickers would say "GW".. as to recall George Washington...not to mention, he already had the same freaking name as his dad.
      Similary, look at the names of the first two Mayors of D.C... mayor "Washington" in the mid 70s and MARION (sounds like "Mayor") Barry.

I'm not saying this is unfair, but enough voters are idiots that strategies like this work.

Plus, both Mayor Barry and GW Bush did coke and smoked crack.

Both administrations are RIDDLED with corruption.

Only, one got caught on tape and one did not.
      Last edited by steve; 06-04-2005, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by steve
        No conspiracy here - it's just the power of name recognition.

And in the Bush family's case, money, connections, and did I say money?

Comment

This would actually be interesting.

Because, as cited above, the name would immediately polarize voters. they'd either love him or hate him and commit their vote one way or the other instantly.

Especially in the wake of the last elections and the conduct of this current presidency. What with the disclosures from the Pentagon last night re: Guantanamo, and future disclosures that are bound to surface, I think the name "Bush" is going to be more stained than ever, both here and, especially, abroad.

Comment

Re: Bush Sr. Wants Jeb to Run for President

I'm surprised nobody's realized what it is that Poppy is actually saying here......

Originally posted by a terrorist enabling drug dealing CIA hit man
            G. BUSH: He'd be awfully good. He'd be -- this guy's smart, big and strong. Makes the decisions. And you know, not without controversy, but he's led that state.
            Jeb would be "awfully good". He's "smart, big and strong" and "makes the decisions".

Sounds like Poppy is implying that the guy who's in the White House NOW doesn't fit any of those criteria.

And old man Bush is correct in saying so. It's just the last thing you expected him to say about his own Idiot son

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Don't let Dad fool you...Jeb Bush is an idiot...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                Compared to most people, yes. But compared to his brother, he looks pretty smart.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

ALMOST!

Originally posted by FORD
                  Compared to most people, yes. But compared to his brother, he looks pretty smart.
                  U MIGHT HAVE SAID SOMETHING A BIT INTELLIGENT HERE...I WILL BACK U ON THIS ONE...BUT DONT LET IT GO TO UR HEAD!

Comment

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    He's a politician.....

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

I think anyone with the last name of CLINTON or BUSH should be banned for running for the Presidency for at least 20 years!

Comment

Hillary's going to get you sent to the state pen for your insolence.

If the Clintons want you put away, they'll find a way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by FORD
                          The really sad part about this is how many relatively sane people don't see this...or don't care...

Most would be surprised at my party affiliation...

when I say that W is a big fucking dipshit...

Party with him?

You bet I would...

Go Goose hunting with him?

Yep...

but goddamn...as president?

Let's be honest here...his one shining moment was 9/11...and I credit him for it. But is there any red blooded american who wouldn't have stepped up like that?

Christ...the deaf/mute girl that lived next to me at the time mumbled some garbage...

mmmffs...gawwwb...sladlawvv....

while pointing to the flag....and I felt inspired...

not saying a deaf/mute should be president...but...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Jeb would be like a Rhoads fucking scholar compared to his older retarded brother...

Comment

Working...
                            X