I've Come To Realize

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattiew23m

I've Come To Realize

Hey everyone, I've come to realize that a reunion tour will only be possible when the boys are good and ready. That means every one of them. I hope that this really happens, because it would be sad as hell for them to let this slip away from them. All of them are alive. None of them are getting any younger. The time to do it was in 96, but i can't think of more of a time to do it. The live 8 concert would have been a perfect choice.. Every group playing that show is weak, people are saying the highlight of the american show is gonna be Bon Jovi.. Now imagine if CVH took the stage, forget it.. Classic. But, its just like the original live aid concert. Paul Mcartney was on stage, and everyone said it would be a good chance for the remaining beatles to reunite and play live. They could of, and didn't. I was watching the movie "Imagine" about the life of John Lennon.. I'm a huge John Lennon fan.. Anyway, there are some similar things that come into play here. John Lennon and Paul bashed each other.. Even in songs, they sent FUCK YOU messages to one another.. But, they were always friends, which i think is similar to dave, and ed. Ego's played a major part in the beatles.. Some will say paul made the beatles, and others say John did.. Similar stuff going on here, but the truth of the matter is, they needed each other. While both doing well apart, it just wasen't the same. And it isn't the same for van halen. John Lennon was up, and ready to rejoin the beatles.. He actually took time off to be with his son, and was thinking a beatles reunion was coming soon. I guess they decided not to do it. John, George, and ringo were ready to go. But, paul was busy doing his thing.. Then of course, the tragic death. Now the beatles would never have a chance to reunite. Fans, like myself wonder all the time "what would it be like, if they just gave it another shot?" Now they tried to reunite with the surviving members again, and revamped and kinda killed two classic lennon tracks.. But, they got back together, but it was short lived. Paul again, doing his own thing. Then of course the tragic death of George Harrison.. He got sick, and then was gone. Now there will never be any reunion ever. And for what?? Ego's??? Just play music.. All four of you are alive, and you never know when you will be gone. Play some music. You get one shot at life, so why not relive the glory. While you still have the choice. I dunno.. This is just one man's opinion. On a side note. If dave were to ever cover a beatles or Lennon song, what song would ya like him to sing?? Sorry, i had to throw that in there

Roth On!
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Dave did cover a Beatles song on "Diamond Dave"
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• mattiew23m

this is true But, if he wanted to do another one.. hmmm wonder what tune he would pick

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Would have loved to hear a Van Halenized "Day Tripper"
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• mattiew23m

wow. I could just imagine that. THAT WOULD BE SICK! or would of been sick. Imagine what they could do to that tune.

ROTH ON

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

Re: I've Come To Realize

Originally posted by mattiew23m
            blah blah blah.

are you still here dude?

i thought ya wuz gunna leeeeev....

Comment

Working...