PDA

View Full Version : Should DLR even be mentioned in the same sentence as Sammy

dysfunction
06-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Honestly, Sammy resurrected Van Halen when they were a tribute band. He took them from the bottom to the biggest band since Zeppelin. Now there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Van Hagar deserves to be mention in the same league as Zeppelin. But does Roth really deserve to be mentioned in the same league as Hagar. I believe that is what has tarnished the Van Halen legacy, even more than VHIII. The fact the people keep talking about Roth pisses people off and therefore Sammy has to deal with being the second best frontman next to Plant, because of Dave's unwilliingness to let it go and realize Sammy is the fucking man. Everytime Van hagar does something great (5150, OU812, F.U.C.K., Balance, Learning to See, Up For Breakfast) someone brings up Roth and tarnishes Hagar's legacy because Roth and his fans still think although he never was that great.

Nickdfresh
06-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by dysfunction
Honestly, Sammy resurrected Van Halen when they were a tribute band. He took them from the bottom to the biggest band since Zeppelin. Now there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Van Hagar deserves to be mention in the same league as Zeppelin. But does Roth really deserve to be mentioned in the same league as Hagar. I believe that is what has tarnished the Van Halen legacy, even more than VHIII. The fact the people keep talking about Roth pisses people off and therefore Sammy has to deal with being the second best frontman next to Plant, because of Dave's unwilliingness to let it go and realize Sammy is the fucking man. Everytime Van hagar does something great (5150, OU812, F.U.C.K., Balance, Learning to See, Up For Breakfast) someone brings up Roth and tarnishes Hagar's legacy because Roth and his fans still think although he never was that great.

The only sentence HAGAR should be mentioned is: "SAMMY HAGAR ruined VAN HALEN."
http://www.cineguns.com/divers/paf/GayThread.jpg

guitarboy5150
06-05-2005, 05:41 PM
only if the sentence is DAVE is BETTER then sammy

mattiew23m
06-05-2005, 05:44 PM
woah woah woah woah wait little fucker... The band was huge, and reached the mother fuckin' top of the mountain in 1984.. Everyone wanted to see the mighty van halen with, the one and only Diamond David Lee Roth. The engine was still hot when dave left the band, so dave and the original lineup paved the way for hagar.. I can't believe you don't know that, you stupid shit. Sammy was even worried that he couldn't live up to the van halen name, and stuff.. So, he had to bash dave in early show's and make fun of dave in interviews.. Remember that MTV special that was on about "Van Halen" with the new singer sammy hagar.. Well, hmmm little known fact is 95% of people that were interviewed said that the bands "SUCKED" now... But, since the Van Halen brothers payed for the mtv special, of course they had to make it look good.. Sammy Hagar has always sucked.. Watch the live without a net video (I don't reccomend it). But you can see some classic die hards just sitting in the seats thinking "WTF IS THIS SHIT?!?!" Look at a 1984 live concert, and tell me if one person is sitting down. CVH looked like full on riots back in the day, and hagar turned it into a lovefest of holding hands, and emotions. CRAP CRAP CRAP.. Do you want to rock, get pushed, fuck, drink, and fight.. Or have peace, love, understanding, and sappy love ballads..

FUCK OFF

dysfunction
06-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by mattiew23m
The band was huge

Yes, but they were a tribute band.

mattiew23m
06-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Van Halen was a tribute band?? Why, because of diver down, and you really got me.. Big fuckin' deal.. Did you seriously ride on the short bus to school. 5150 tour.. First off they covered some cvh tunes, and then cause sammy was too scared to play dave songs, they played all cover tunes.. Hmmm Rock N Roll, Wild Thing, and others... Now, who's the cover band.. Check out the new song over at sammy's site.. Ooooh he won't let you, because he want's you to pay for it on itunes, after he promised he would put it on the internet for free. Also, said it was coming to a store near you, and well it didn't. Why?? cause it wouldn't make money.. Now, you can argue about the diamond dave cd, but that cd was great. He actually made the songs sound better. Read the facts before posting. Or know them. Your not even a good van hagar fan..

dysfunction
06-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by mattiew23m
First off they covered some cvh tunes, and then cause sammy was too scared to play dave songs

Of course he was scared, he was taking over for the greatest tribute band ever. Second, don't mention Sammy being scared to play Dave songs. Dave said he wouldn't sing any Sammy songs if he were to tour again. Not because they are not good, but because he can't. Can you imagine Dave singing Don't Tell Me or Humans Being. It would be hilarious. He can barely handle the songs he "talks" through.

Rikk
06-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Gentlemen and ladies,

DYSFUNCTION is actually TOWN IDIOT...one of the sheep that was inducted in our first batch of sheep. Check out this reprint of the first post ever in the SHEEP PEN...

Originally posted by Rikk
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS...

This has been a long time coming. For 20 years now, the world has been inundated by a pesky little specie of mosquito called the Sammy Hagar Van Halen fan. This annoying insect has helped a certain alcoholic dutchman suck the blood out of a once great band. The DLR Army exists to give fans a place to express the element of this legendary band they pledge their allegiance to: the one and only Diamond David Lee Roth. It is not the reality of Sammy Hagar fronting Van Halen again that has created the need for the project we are now proposing to the Army...it is the abundance of pathetic, whiny, moronic and obviously bored Sham fans that feel the need to enter this forum and do nothing but start fights with anyone who doesn't agree that THREE LOCK BOX is a prime piece of rock 'n' roll.

Now I have nothing against Sammy Hagar fans...we're all human..... Okay, I take that back. I don't understand how someone could admire the work of one Samuel Hagar. It blows my mind. But, hey...there are some fans of both eras at this site that are actually okay people and they just have different (and rather strange) tastes. Maybe we want to change their minds, maybe we don't understand how some of these people could place MAN ON A MISSION on the same list MEAN STREET is on...but hey...some of these folks are still nice people. They're still sheep, but they're not all bad.

But then there is the other kind of Sammy Hagar Van Halen fan...the ugly, grammatically-challenged, under-achieving idiot who gets so bitter at the poor ticket sales, the food voucher stories, the unbelievable amount of fat Hagar has accumulated on his body and the public's general disapproval of this reunion that this sort of fan must come onto a site he/she thinks is "pathetic" and spend hours a day flooding our beloved forums with attacks and proclamations that OU812 is a far superior album to FAIR WARNING. It is not so much that such arguments worry any of us...we know how hilarious said arguments are. But the truth is, if someone is going to continue being a fucking idiot just looking for attention, we should give him/her the embarressment he/she deserves. And that is what the ROTHARMY SHEEP PEN is for.

The SHEEP PEN is a hopefully long-living thread that will contain all the latest and greatest information that you, the RothArmy Forum Member, will need to know when communicating with forum members...you may want to know the "Idiot's History" to pick out our most annoying and offensive Hagar-ites. There will be a collection containing all NICKNAME TRANSLATIONS, as well as a collection of BRILLIANTLY STUPID QUOTES by our favorite Hagar-loving folk. Also, if a Van Hagar fan has done something truly offensive to you, this is a good place to call him out and tell the forum how you feel. Or, if you discover that one of these idiots is a scumbag in real life (such as when Lou discovered that Van Herpes is a bad trader), you should post this here (and in a new thread if you like).

At the same time, it is imperative that the ROTHARMY SHEEP PEN remains a lean information machine. We have encouragement to place this important thread here, and it is imperative that we only post the greatest (dumbest) quotes and give only the worst of our offenders a place in the Hall of Shame. It may be necessary to bump the thread up once in a while... But we shouldn't be adding several people a day to the list. Only the biggest sheep can sit in the pen. And we certainly shouldn't be putting people on this list just because they like Sammy Hagar. This should still be a place that encourages freedom of speech and freedom of opinion. The Pen should only be reserved for our repeat offenders...our "Town Idiots"s, if you will. And the quotes should also be pretty special...a quote like "David Lee Roth sucks" is not something worthy of posting at the Pen. But something along the lines of Bastard-Hater's brilliant statement "I'm a better flamer than you" is definitely worth posting. Also, funny quotes by some of our greatest talents, like MEZRO, are also worthy of posting.

The PEN is a place for all to post, but only when something is really worthy of posting. No long threads about nothing...this is a place for instant reference. We'll see how it works. It will also be a great place to immediately call out our local morons...

As it stands now, I have put together this idea with the giant efforts of two other Rotharmy members (one a Mod): MAX and GUWAPO. The three of us think this is a good idea, and we want the place to remain alive and kicking.

So, to start things off, I will now begin the list of MAIN OFFENDERS with their NICKNAME TRANSLATIONS. We can maybe make an expanded version of this list once more names have been added. Of course, I may have missed a few, so any other names should be added as they are remembered:

Dysfunction - TOWN IDIOT
(this poor guy lived in a trailer which has since fallen off a ravine)

Kid Vegas - KID LAUDERDALE
(a true moron)

EVH Fan - VD FAN
(banned...now posts as evhfan2)

L.S.D. - VAN HERPES
(please take special note of this individual...not only is he a horrible
poster but he's also a bad trader...he has ripped several individuals
off and then blamed the fact that he doesn't have a burner!)

Sniper - DIAPER
(not very interesting...just a retard)

A.J. - GayJay
(this individual is also scum at the Links...he's a complete liar who
has fabricated information at his own web site...a real piece of shit
interested in nothing but getting attention for himself)

rockvanhalen66 - LEARNING TO WRITE
(truly the worst writer I have ever seen...and probably the dumbest
of the bunch)

Now, there are more, and their names will be posted in the next couple of days. There are other huge offenders for which proper names have not been decided upon yet. And, of course, anyone can propose any of these new names...the Army needs you.

All I have to say is: Fellow Army Members, it's time to take out the trash and humiliate our local sheep population. These people are pathetic, and we must call them out. We're a more aggressive, more honest (and also more fair) bunch than those at the Links.

As my friend Guwapo says, "To the pen, fucker!" So, open the gates. Let the games begin!
Rikk;)

In other words, he's a trouble-making idiot and should get back in the Pen.

mattiew23m
06-05-2005, 11:38 PM
he wouldn't sing those songs, cause they suck ass!! all of them.

Redballjets88
06-05-2005, 11:40 PM
yes hagar shoild be mentioned in the same sentece....

sammy hagar sucks balls compaired to David lee roth

see good sentence

RogueHorseman
06-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
DYSFUNCTION is actually TOWN IDIOT...

Yeah, I know... I'm the one who found his hillside trailer home and gave him his name. Its what everybody up there was calling him anyway.

A troll, and a weak one at that.

But anyway, for old times sake-

Hey TOWN IDIOT-

F
U
C
K

Y
O
U

B
O
I

hahahahahahahahahahah !!

RogueHorseman
06-06-2005, 12:48 AM
http://www.betaparticle.com/blog/images/7/Please%20Do%20Not%20Feed%20the%20Troll.jpg

Don't laugh too fuckin' hard.... That covers 87.421% of the regulars around this joint in some form or fashion.

Truth be told.

And, I always do.

Jano
06-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Watch for the wolf Sheep!!!

EbDawson
06-06-2005, 01:23 AM
Sammy has to deal with being the second best frontman next to Plant

"That statement is not only illogical but also unworthy of refutation."

SoldMySoul4RnR
06-06-2005, 05:51 AM
Sammy chucked a hissy fit worthy of Elton John when Eddie mentioned the orginal idea for BOV1, a two CD set with each frontman getting one CD full of material each. Sammy, ever the insecure prick, knew that being put right next to Dave like that, he stood no chance. And he STILL wouldn't let the band go with the original idea for their second attempt at a Greatest Hits album, instead you get the Hagar and Roth tunes leapfrogging each other...this just makes the band look inconsistant, the Dave material shits all over Sammy's.

Golden AWe
06-06-2005, 07:17 AM
welcome to the dump, mein freund

RogueHorseman
06-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
"That statement is not only illogical but also unworthy of refutation."

Isn't THAT the truth, and nothing but.

OT: Thought of you last week my old friend when I first heard the news... :( Although, we should all be so lucky to live to be 99.

EbDawson
06-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman

OT: Thought of you last week my old friend when I first heard the news... :( Although, we should all be so lucky to live to be 99.

Thanks for the thought amigo.

RIP Eddie.

rockvanhalen66
06-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Honestly, Sammy resurrected Van Halen when they were a tribute band. He took them from the bottom to the biggest band since Zeppelin. Now there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Van Hagar deserves to be mention in the same league as Zeppelin. But does Roth really deserve to be mentioned in the same league as Hagar. I believe that is what has tarnished the Van Halen legacy, even more than VHIII. The fact the people keep talking about Roth pisses people off and therefore Sammy has to deal with being the second best frontman next to Plant, because of Dave's unwilliingness to let it go and realize Sammy is the fucking man. Everytime Van hagar does something great (5150, OU812, F.U.C.K., Balance, Learning to See, Up For Breakfast) someone brings up Roth and tarnishes Hagar's legacy because Roth and his fans still think although he never was that great. sam did his job but i would say things could be ass kicking if they could get dave back. seen the two front men both of them have something going. but dave put the big show on when with vh... hall of fame let sam do a set and dave close .....